Adult Content Warning

This work could have adult content. If you continue, you have agreed that you are willing to see such content.

If you accept cookies from our site and you choose "Yes, Continue", you will not be asked again during this session (that is, until you close your browser). If you log in you can store your preference and never be asked again.

  1. Tags
    Summary

    Classification: Story, Angst, Romance
    Keywords: Jeff/Delenn, John/Delenn
    Rating: FRAO (I believe you'll find this contains some elements of [P], [MV], [SS], [GF], [AL] and I don't know, possibly [AC]. I doubt it, though. Oh, and it might be [AT] too, depending on what you thought of the relationship between Sinclair and Delenn. Either way, we'll consider it Alternate Universe for the sake of the sequel series which succeeds it, which is definitely [AT].)
    Disclaimer: The characters and original situations in this story are not mine. They belong exclusively to JMS, Babylonian Productions, Warner Brothers, and possibly PTEN, and I'm certainly making no profit other than pure enjoyment out of this. There are several lines of text in this story borrowed directly from the series, most prominently the first season, and those are *definitely* not mine.
    The quotes at the beginning of each chapter belong to the Smashing Pumpkins (Billy Corgan and James Iha, more specifically) and their fabulous album `Adore.' I'd appreciate not being sued for their use either. : )
    Distribution: If you want this story for any page other than the ones I've sent it to, please ask me first, so I know where it goes.
    Spoilers: Direct references up to and including `The Wheel of Fire' but not after. I do make reference to the unfolding plot of the next (last) three episodes, however.
    Other Disclaimer: This is an exploration of the feelings of two couples over six years. If either of the couples bothers you, get lost. If consensual (and one situation on the very edge of non- consensual) sexual relations bother you, get lost. And particularly, if mushy stuff bothers you, *get lost.*
    In fact, this is basically just one big exploration of feelings in general. If that bugs you...well, you get the picture.
    More Disclaimers: There are some sensitive subjects in this story. Abortion, death, life after death, religion...to name a few. Some of them can hardly be helped, considering the position B5 eternally rests at. If you have moral problems with any of the opinions presented in here, please remember that they may or may not be my opinions, but that doesn't matter, because here, in this context, they are the *character's* opinions. So, if it bothers you, by all means, complain to the character, not me.
    Timeline notes: In `The Deconstruction of Falling Stars' it is said that at the time that Delenn appears on the hundredth anniversary program, she is right around 140 human years old. If, as has been suggested earlier, Delenn was born in 2200, this isn't possible (besides which I find it unlikely that Delenn is older than Susan's *mother*, for God's sake). So, for the sake of this story (mainly because it makes more sense, concerning the pregnancy at least) I've decided to go with the `Deconstruction' time, which puts her birth right around 2220 (along with John).
    I don't accredit whatever wrong I may have done by changing these dates in the course of this story to anyone but myself.
    I also played around a bit with the destruction of the first three stations, just so you're aware that I know what JMS has said in the past about their sabotage, and that I basically totally disregarded that.
    Before we get started, I'd also like to acknowledge several fan fic authors who notably inspired me---in some cases inspiring me so much that I blatantly used their work as kind of research in writing my own. So, I'll give credit where its due, certainly. I'd like to formally acknowledge Gareth D. Williams, Lara Nicosia, Anonymous (all of them), Annette White, Angela Maria Varese S., Ruth Owen, PJ, Wendy Dale, Kimberley Junius, Diane Piron-Gelman, Brenda Jean Carlson, Laura Marlene Appelbaum, and Flarn. There are some inspirations you'll notice if you've read their work...and I'd just like to say, whoever it was who came up with the idea for the belly as a major erogenous zone for the Minbari, I liked it so much I just had to use it. Consider it flattery---don't sue me! Please! : )
    Dedication: I'd like to thank, and dedicate this to, all of the editors who helped me with this monster: Jesse Bee, Darkstryder, Dom Parker, Kali, and Genetix. You guys are the best. : )
    Summary: Pause and consider...
    Less vague and Kosh-like summary: In 2256, events conspired to trap two uneasy souls together on a small moon close to Epsilon 3. In 2259, events conspired to trap two uneasy souls in a web of fire and darkness that no one could have expected. In 2262, the tides are turning. How does it all come together?

    Language:
    English
    Words:
    31,995
    Chapters:
    8/8
    Collections:
    1
    Comments:
    1
    Kudos:
    20
    Bookmarks:
    1
    Hits:
    3,224