Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
591
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
5
Hits:
1,270

Catwoman's Promise

Summary:

Rating: FRT-13
Summary: Catwoman rescues an innocent.
Disclaimer: Selina "Catwoman" Kyle is © & TM DC Comics and is used without permission. All other characters and everything else is © & TM Pirate Turner. The author makes absolutely no profit off of this work of fan fiction

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Catwoman's Promise
by Pirate Turner

She swiftly dropped behind them, landing on silent feet in a cattish crouch. She straightened, standing erect, and snuck out her whip before asking in an ice cold tone, "What have we here?"

The three male teens instantly turned to look at her, and their mouths fell open in shock. The guy who had been in the lead of chasing the poor kitten with the cans strung around its neck licked his lips. "Well, boys, looky what we have here."

"J-J-Jay..." the blonde one stammered out, his eyes as wide and round as saucers. "Th-Th-That's the Catwoman!"

"Shut up, idiot," the one called Jay snapped angrily. "I know who she is!"

"But do you know what you are?" Catwoman finally spoke up in a deadly tone. He looked at her, completely puzzled; she let him stare for one heartbeat of a second before her whip snaked out, wrapping around his throat. She yanked him to her even as his hands clawed at the whip in a desperate attempt to free himself. "You're a heartless, little bastard who takes pleasure out of torturing innocents who can do nothing to help themselves, but you're also an idiot for you failed to remember that all animals, especially cats, are under my protection," she hissed directly into his face, her emerald eyes glowing with her fury. She yanked her whip harder, tightening it even more around his throat until he could not breathe.

The sharp claws in her gloves and boots extended, and her left foot kicked out, raking claws across the leader's forehead and leaving bloody scratches in its wake. Her right foot pressed into his back, forcing him to the ground. She unwrapped her whip from around his neck, scratching his cheek as she did so. Her free hand took the place of her whip as she stepped off of him; she then raised his quivering body and threw him after the more muscular one of his two buddies, knocking both to the ground. On swift feet, she chased after the blonde but did not have far to go as her whip soon reached him, lashing his back three times before he made his escape. She turned just in time to see the other two running away but decided to let them go. "LET THAT BE A LESSON TO YOU, BRATS! HARM AN ANIMAL, IN ANY WAY, AND THE CATWOMAN WILL FIND YOU!"

Even as she returned her whip to its hiding place, Catwoman turned, her emerald green eyes searching for the poor kitten. She found it cowering inside a turned-over trashcan. She kneeled before the trashcan and reached into it with gentle hands and a reassuring smile on her face. "Here, little one. I'd never harm you," she spoke to it in a reassuring, calm voice. The kitten let her pick it up, and she brought it out. With the gentle hands of a mother, Catwoman took the string of cans off from around the poor kitten's neck, then ran her hands softly over its dirty fur. She closed her eyes against the sympathetic pain she felt for the poor baby as she found several broken ribs. She stood carefully up with it, nestling it against her bosom as she did so. "I'll get you the help you need, little one, and I'll never let anything else harm you. I promise," Catwoman whispered softly to the kitten, meaning every word she spoke, and she would keep her promise, regardless of what their future might hold.

The End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Pirate Turner.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.