Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,307
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
796

The Portal 5: The Next Step

Summary:

Summary: Willow and Oz meddle in the lives of Xander and Scott. Part of my unnamed Xander/Scott Evil series.
Pairing: Xander/Scott Evil
Distribution: Please ask.
Spoiler: Just the rest of my Xander/Scott Evil series.
Rating: Hmm... FRt/FRT-13, I think.
Disclaimer: Of *course* they belong to someone else. If they were mine, things would be different. Specifically, the Sunnydale Gang belongs to Mutant Enemy, Fox, WB, and anyone else I forgot. Oh, and Scott Evil belongs to, um, Jay Roach, Mike Myers, and the production companies of Eric's Boy, Team Todd, and Moving Pictures (and distributed by New Line, in case that matters).
Feedback: Oh, pretty please. I would *love* to write the next scene (and the piece where the djinn that did this comes back), but I seem to be completely uninspired at the moment. Feedback inspires me.
Note: I refused to get out of bed one Sunday until I figured out how to get this thing started (but it's taken a while to get things worked out from there). And, whaddaya know, I got it figured out. On the other hand, it's taken me a very, very long time to finish it. And since I'm me, even something that's supposed to be a nice, fluffy PWP has a good dose of angst. And because I seem to have exhausted my smut-writing ability for the month with "*Really* Enjoying the Evening," there's no actual sex. I had debated how to handle this, but I've decided to just send this part out as its own piece because I'm just not making any progress on it. This way, I feel like I haven't quite given up on the series, and maybe getting this out of my postponed-messages file will unclog my brain.
Dedicated to Adalisa because she asked for it (a long, long time ago, but, well, hopefully better late than never). Also to Angela for repeatedly asking what happened to it. And to everyone else who has brought it up in the past few weeks.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Portal 5: The Next Step
by meagan

"Are you sure this is okay?"

Willow smiled. "Yeah. They need this, and they're obviously not going to do it on their own."

Scott and Xander had been living together for a few months, but they seemed unsure about how to progress to a level other than kissing and groping. They were even still sleeping in separate bedrooms. Willow observed the relationship non-progression with sadness. Those two guys really cared about each other, but their inexperience and insecurities would not allow them to go any further. She had a feeling that both were unsure what to do and afraid the other would be disappointed at their lack of expertise. So it fell to Oz to help them out. "You let me use that harness on you, so it's not like this is something new."

He laughed. "Oh, yeah, 'let' you use it. It's such a sacrifice for me. I get nothing from the experience." At her frown, he clarified, "Sarcasm."

"Thank you. It really means a lot to me."

"I know." He kissed her forehead gently. "That's one of the reasons I'm doing this."

~~~~

Scott and Xander had just settled in for yet another evening of Adam Sandler movies when the knock sounded at the door. To their surprise, it was Oz. "Hey. Can we talk?" He stepped into the apartment, not waiting for an invitation or to ease them into the conversation. "Willow is worried about you two. You guys seem stuck. We look at you, and all we can see is two guys who belong together but can't quite figure out how to get things started. So I'm here to show you because she asked me. If it's okay with you guys, that is."

Xander stared. It was one of the last subjects he had ever dreamed about hearing come out of the werewolf's mouth. Scratch that. *The* last. And the fact that Willow was involved in this threatened to overload his brain.

Scott took Xander's hand. "Just so we're clear on this, you do mean sex, right?" Oz nodded. Scott smiled. "Yeah, it's okay." Xander looked at him sharply. "At least if it's okay with Xander."

Finally, Xander found his voice. "So what are you going to do to us?"

"No, man, *I'm* not going to do to *you*. It's the other way around." Xander had lapsed back into shocked silence, so Oz continued. "I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of this, and it's something that it takes a bit of getting used to. So it seems most logical that I should be in the same position -- or positions -- for this." The silence continued. "Okay, this idea was a bust. I guess I should just go home and --"

A knock at the door interrupted him. Xander opened it to find Willow. "Hi. Is Oz here yet?" Still stunned, Xander waved her into the apartment. "Hey. You forgot the bag." She noticed the tense silence and sighed. "They don't like the plan?"

"I think they're still processing."

"So it's really okay?" Xander realized that voice was his own. He recognized the tone. Very hopeful. "I mean, I want to make sure I'm understanding this all, Will. You've asked Oz to come over here and let us have sex with him? And this was your idea?"

She nodded. "But after that, you're on your own." At the continued silence, Willow realized she may have misjudged the situation between Xander and Scott. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. "Hey, let's go talk." She took her oldest friend's hand and led him into his bedroom.

~~~~

"Xander, I'm sorry. I thought you two were, well, closer. The way you look at each other..."

"Go ahead. Say it. You think it's weird and creepy." His brown eyes fell to the floor along with her heart.

She sighed, gently hugging him. "No. Not creepy at all. Weird, yeah -- but that's just because I never thought you would be able to do something like this." She lifted his head so their eyes were locked. "When I look at you two together, it's like you're detached. I mean, both of you in your own little world together. It's cute and sweet, but you guys seem... Wistful. Yeah, that's the word. As if you know there's something more you could do, but you're not quite sure what that something more is or how to ask the other person if it's okay." Now she rested her forehead against his. "And when you have two people not able to move forward, you're stuck. You're not as happy as you could be. That makes me sad for your sake. So I'm interfering. Meddling." Now he rested his head on her shoulder, as if he was a child listening to his mother tell a bedtime story. "I remember what it was like when Oz and I first started going out. He didn't want to make me feel uncomfortable, so I had to do everything. Make all of the moves. And I know you well enough to know that you won't do that, so I'm taking over again."

"And what about him? I mean, doesn't Oz feel weird about you volunteering him like this? And why in the world does it seem like a good idea to have your boyfriend screw other guys? And why would he let other guys do *him*? Will, this is all just way too weird."

Now, finally, Willow turned a brilliant shade of red. She hadn't planned on having to explain this. But, she realized, considering the circumstances, she should have expected this. "Well, see, Oz isn't exactly straight."

Although this was news that Xander realized wasn't really surprising, he was shocked to hear Willow saying the words. "And you're okay with that?"

She sighed. "It's not like I have a choice, Xander. It's just who he is, just like he's a werewolf or musically-inclined."

"But you have a choice here. You could say, 'Hey, you're my boyfriend, and I don't want you sleeping with random guys."

"But you're not just random guys. That's one of the reasons."

"Just one?"

She turned her attention to her hands, wrapped in his. "I didn't volunteer him. It wasn't really my idea."

~~~~

A speechless Xander followed Willow back out into the living room. The pair found Oz and Scott on the couch, comparing birthmarks. Literally. They both had their right t-shirt sleeves rolled up and were examining the spots on each arm. Willow smiled at the pair. "They're all yours, Xander." Gently, she kissed him on the cheek. "Take care of him for me, okay?" Mute, Xander could only nod his agreement. She turned her attention to the two on the couch. "And that goes for you two as well." The duo nodded.

Xander watched her, staring at the two for a long while. The intensity of her gaze made him a little nervous. Maybe she was having second thoughts about this. "Will, if you've changed your mind --"

"Look at them." She was whispering, as if afraid the intermittent redheads would hear her and get offended. But there was no chance they would get upset at the tone in her voice. Awe, pure and simple. Finally, she shook her head, clearing whatever images she had in her head. "You're lucky. Very, very lucky." Now she leaned close to his ear, making sure to lower her voice as much as possible, hoping that Oz was too enthralled with Scott to hear her next words. "You have to tell me all about it later, okay?" Stunned, Xander nodded. "All right, guys, see you later." Before she could rethink the matter -- and ask if she could stick around and watch -- Willow quickly left, quietly closing the door behind her.

"So. Where should we start?"

~~~ the end ~~~

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Meagan.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.