Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
703
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
989

Once again

Summary:

Spoilers for Sentinel Too and TS by BS
Sorry not betaed

Work Text:

Once again
by chilipepperz61

It had begun the day after the press conference. Jim had come home that day to find his roommate staring blankly at a room filled with boxes. He'd never unpacked, Jim had suddenly realized as he stood beside his unresponsive friend. He'd gently encased Blair in warm arms, frightened at the icy skin. Still there had been no reaction. Concern mounting, he carried Blair to the loft bedroom. He needed to get him away from the sight of the overfilled boxes. He laid Blair on his own bed, wrapping him tightly in the warm covers.

That's when the shaking started. Violent tremors shook Blair's strong yet somehow frail body, Jim lay beside him, holding him, praying for his friend. Finally, hours later, Blair had fallen into a deep sleep. Jim spent the next several hours unpacking Blair's belongings. Lovingly replacing them into their rightful places throughout their shared quarters. When he finished he laid beside his friend, caressing the soft curls.

"It's done" He murmured repeatedly as he held the lax body, "You're back home."

They never spoke of it again.

**

The next time was after the first day of academy. Jim had gotten a call from one of his friends, an instructor. He had hurried home to find Blair stripped to his boxers, sitting on the couch. Dark bruises mottled his body. Again Blair was unresponsive. Jim cursed the stupidity of cadets as he tenderly cared for his roommate. He carried him upstairs again, ignoring the fact that Blair's won futon bed was much closer. Somehow he managed to get Blair to swallow a couple of pain killers, then he set to work tending the painful cuts and bruises. Blair never spoke a word, just stared ahead blankly. Jim knew Blair would never go back to the academy. HE held him again until sleep finally took over his young companion, then he called his father.

William Ellison finally came through for his eldest son that day. Within a week Blair had received settlements from the book publisher and the university. He'd never have to work again if that was what he chose, but it wasn't/ The next semester found Blair teaching at the community college that was within walking distance of their shared home.

Jim still prayed for his friend's sanity, but he said nothing. He protected him as much as he was able, but Blair was still hurting and Jim was still afraid.

**

It happened again when Jim was called into Simon's office. Naomi was dead, killed that evening by a drunk driver. Jim hurried home, but was too late. Naomi's friend had already informed Blair of the accident. Blair sat quietly in front of the tv, staring silently at some inane infomertial about a new miracle cleaning product. Jim sat beside him and drew the unprotesting body into his arms.

"I'm so sorry Chief" he murmured into the dark curls. HE felt wet tears against his chest. Slowly he rocked his roommate like he would a child. As Blair's body finally relaxed, Jim once again carried him up the stairs. Once again he lay with his friend, gently stroking the tear streaked face.

"I love you" He whispered as he gently kissed his sleeping roommate. "Please don't go away."

**

The last time was while he and Blair sat watching basketball on tv. Blair was in a playful mood that night and kept flicking popcorn at his roommate. Jim batted it away irritable, but inwardly smiled at his roommate's antics.

"Knock it off Junior" He growled as another kernel bounced off his ear.

"Make me" Blair challenged.

Jim snatched the bowl of popcorn from Blair and sat it on the table beside him. He took Blair into his arms, holding him firmly as their lips met for the first time. Blair's blue eyes grew impossibly wider as Jim's hands began caressing him gently. Jim drew back momentarily, the taste of popcorn and beer still dancing on his tongue.

"Do you want this?" He questioned softly.

"Yes" Blair answered, drawing him back into another kiss.

Once again Jim carried his roommate up the stairs to the loft bedroom. but this time Blair was there to stay.

The End