Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
845
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,159

Holding Your Breath

Summary:

Rating: FRC (I think)
Summary: Tony wants to know something about Gibbs and Theres only one fun way to find out.
Thank my beta: Quislet.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Holding Your Breath
by Anica

Gibbs tried not to feel hurt. He'd thought Tony would jump at the idea of the two of them alone in a hotel for the weekend. He was looking forward to telling the younger agent about the convention that the Director was sending him and his senior field agent to.

To Gibbs' chagrin, he was turned down. Tony chewed on his lips and told him he really wasn't up to it this weekend. Gibbs tried not to show his disappointment as he turned away and headed for the director's office. If Tony didn't feel like going that was OK, too; this meant they could stay in bed the whole weekend. Hm, now that he thought of it, it really didn't sound like a bad idea at all.

Disappointment struck again as Director Morrow told Gibbs that the decision wasn't really his. He wanted to send his best agent and he was going to. Morrow told Gibbs that he could glare at him all he wanted, but it wouldn't change his mind. The Director, of course, was smart enough not to let out a chuckle until after the ex-Marine closed the door behind him.

Not wanting to spend the weekend with anyone else, Gibbs went alone. He called Tony once, trying not to sound bitter and miserable on the phone. He was upset at himself for feeling like a kid who's been sent to camp so his parents could have some alone time. He stayed to himself as much as he could and, when possible, close to the bar.

When Gibbs entered his house Sunday night he was surprised to find all the lights off. He hadn't quite expected for Tony to be waiting naked in bed.... he had just hoped. As he walked into the kitchen, he noticed lights on in the back porch. Slowly he walked over there, and froze at the sliding door.

He stood like statue till Tony came over and slid the door open for him, a huge impish grin glued to his face.

"Surprise" Tony said, jumping up and down on the balls of his feet.

"What is that?" Gibbs asked pointing to the middle of what was once his back yard. Gibbs must have forgotten to mention to Tony that he hated surprises.

They had talked about this. They'd even agreed. They both thought it'd be a great idea, but that's all it was. Like the boat in basement. It's not as if he was going to finish it tomorrow and go sailing. It was something you work on and maybe, one day in the far, far future, actually get around to doing.

"It's a pool." Tony had stopped jumping and started pouting. "You said it was OK."

His mouth opened and closed a few times before coming up with the simplest question: "How?" He was only gone for the weekend.

"They came as soon as you left for work on Friday and have been working non-stop til now. It's amazing what happens when you tell people that you don't care about the price as long as they meet your dead line" Tony pulled him closer. The water sparkled with the help of the moon and the backyard lights. It looked clean and refreshing after the long plane ride he'd just been on. "Don't you like it?"

Gibbs turned to Tony "It's great. I'm just kind of surprised."

"Yeah, that was the whole point of me going 'surprise' and jumping around." Tony chewed his bottom lip. "You don't like it, do you?"

"I just don't know how much use it's going to get. We work crazy hours and we're hardly at home and- what are you doing?" Gibbs noticed a mischievous look growing in Tony's eyes. The younger man slowly made his way towards his boss and lover, causing him to step backwards towards the pool. "Tony! No!"

Tony gave him his innocent look and kept moving forward. Things were moving faster than Gibbs realized, and even though he might have had enough time to move, he choose to pretend he didn't and let Tony push him into the water, clothing and all. Gibbs went in backwards with Tony following right behind. He was right; the water did feel great but maybe it was because Tony gripped the front of his shirt and pulled Gibbs close to him. Tony's fingers slowly started to undo all of his buttons under water. Gibbs tried his best to help out, but when Tony's lips found his neck, he found it hard to focus.

"The truth about why I got this pool is really simple. I wanted to know something. Something about you. I could just have asked, but I wanted you to show me," Tony whispered into Gibbs' ear.

"And what's that?" Gibbs asked, as he moved to pull Tony's shorts off.

"How long this ex-Marine can hold his breath," Tony answered.

Gibbs had just enough time to take a breath before he was pulled underwater.

End

I'll even take flames since that'll mean you read it.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Anica.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.