Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,427
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
16
Bookmarks:
5
Hits:
1,770

Dinner With Mom

Summary:

Speed introduces his new boyfriend to Alexx

Disclaimers and Beta list can be found on my author's info page.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

~*~

"I can't believe you're finally introducing me to your new boyfriend," Alexx commented as she leaned up against the kitchen counter and watched Speed prepare dinner. "Actually now that I think about it, this is the first one you've introduced me to."

"He's special," Speed blushes slightly. "And I thought it was time he meet mom."

Alexx leaned over and kissed him on the temple, "Thank you."

"Well you and Peter have been more of parents to me than my own parents," Speed looked over at her seriously.

She smiled brightly, "Peter has even gotten to a point when they ask him how many kids he has, he says three."

Speed shook his head, "You're kidding."

"Nope, he counts you as his," Alexx ruffled his hair before taking a seat at the breakfast bar. "He shows them a picture of Jamie and Bryon then tells him about his oldest adopted kid."

"God," Speed blushed. "Who does he say I take after?"

"Me of course," Alexx took a sip of her wine. "So when is this boyfriend going to get here."

"Work's keeping him a bit late," Speed through the chopped vegetables into the wok. "Another hour, I hope you don't mind."

"And miss this opportunity, nope." She grinned at him. "So…where did you meet him?"

"Book store," Speed pulled a package of chicken out of the fridge. "The one on Main Street, it specializes in rare books."

"So he's a reader like you?" Alexx asked.

"Not as much," Speed shrugged. "But he has a wide collection and likes to learn new things."

"You're sitting there reading and in walks this gorgeous hunk of man flesh," Alexx teased him.

Speed stopped chopping and looked at her, "Not quite. I was talking with Tom, the owner, he was telling me that Nicolò Machiavelli's Il Principe would be in the next week. It was his voice that attracted me first, soft and soothing. He commented that it was rare for someone not to only read Il Principe but in its native language. I turned and smiled and said that my mom was Italian so I spoke, read, and wrote it since birth."

"So he speaks Italian?" Alexx cooed.

"Fluently, plus Spanish and French," Speed commented with pride. "We ended up sitting in the back with coffee talking Italian history, language, and politics. It wasn't till after midnight when Tom finally kicked us out."

"Wow," Alexx smiled. "What does he look like?"

"My height, leaner…" Speed grabbed the phone off the counter. "Speedle…Hi." Speed's face lit up. "Really… well Alexx's here…She's looking forward to meeting you," He looked over at Alexx, "She's grilling me on how we met." Speed laughed. "Speaking of Tom, called and said that your book arrived. I'll see you soon."

"You're in love," Alexx wiped a tear away as she got up and hugged him. "Your face just lit up with happiness when you heard his voice."

Speed blushed, "I don't know why, but he loves me too."

"You're a special man, he's lucky to have you." Alexx soothed his hair back, "Scruffy look and all."

Speed laughed, "Want some more wine? I've got to put the chicken in the oven."

"Sure," Speed grabbed the wine bottle and poured her another glass. "So after talking until midnight, what then?"

"A couple of days later I got flowers," Speed set the chicken dish in the oven, then turned back to the wok and vegetables.

"Roses?" Alexx asked.

"No," Speed began sautéing, "a wide range of flowers, carnations, roses, lilies…it was beautiful. He wrote a note apologizing for being brash. He had gotten my address from Tom and wanted to meet for dinner on Sunday."

"I like this guy so far," Alexx toasted Speed. "Romantic, not too forward, sincere and not flashy."

"He met me at the park," Speed continued the story. "We had a picnic dinner listening to Mozart. Even walked me to my bike, told me to drive safely and kissed me goodnight."

"How long you've been seeing him?" Alexx asked.

"Three months now," Speed turned and smiled. "Though it seems we've known each other for years."

"After the concert in the park?" Alexx smiled.

"We ended up with that large case, the school bus, remember that?" Speed voice softened.

"How could anyone forget?" She sipped more of her wine. "I had to do the autopsy of nine children."

"We were so busy I never got a chance to call him," Speed explained. "Once the case was wrapped all I wanted to do was go home and crash. When I got home there was a message on my machine from him stating that he knew I was exhausted from the case and to get some sleep and give him a call the next day. I called him that night. We talked for an hour, I honestly think I fell asleep with the phone next to me."

"What does he do?" Alexx asked. "It's good that he understands the life of a CSI can be hectic and not set to schedules."

"That he does," Speed answered pulling together the last of the meal together. "The next day he showed up and we just went for a drive, ended up at a secluded beach and just watch the sunset."

"So how long before you invited him home?" Alexx gave him a sly grin.

"The next weekend," Speed smirked back. "He was so kind and understanding after the case that I wanted to repay him by cooking him a home made dinner."

Alexx sighed dramatically, "Now I have to share my chef."

Speed laughed, "I only cook for those I love."

Alexx smiled brightly, "And then what?"

"I cooked him breakfast," Speed grinned a slight blush on his cheeks.

"That's it? I want more details," Alexx demanded hands on her hips.

"I don't kiss and tell," Speed pointed a finger at her.

"To me you do," Alexx pointed he finger back.

"Let's just say he didn't leave till Monday morning," Speed turned back to the stove. "And if you recall, you commented on my slight limp. It was when you started hounding me about who I was seeing."

Alexx shrugged, "You looked so happy, sated, and sore."

"I was, I am," Speed grinned. He pulled out the chicken setting it on the kitchen table. "Can you get the bread and salad for me?"

Alexx got off her bar stool and picked up the items carrying them to the table, "I can't wait to meet him."

She looked up and saw the front door open. She set the bread down on the table in shock and just stood there staring. She watched as the man who entered gave her a small smile and walked into the dining room.

Speed's back was to the door, and didn't hear it open. Strong arms wrapped around Speed's waist pulling him towards the visitor. Speed grinned as he turned around; he smiled and kissed him softly. "Hi." He whispered. "Smells good."

Speed wiggled out of his arms and looked over at the shell shocked Alexx. "Alexx?" He asked a bit concerned.

"Horatio?" She looked at the redhead then back at Speed. "Horatio is the boyfriend?"

Speed nodded a frown on his face, "We didn't want anyone at work to know."

"Speed made it clear that we would have to tell you first," Horatio looked over at Alexx then back at Speed. "Speed?"

"Alexx?" Speed questioned.

Alexx snapped out of it, "Baby I'm sorry I was just shocked. I had no clue. I'm happy for you," She walked over to the two men. She pulled Speed into a hug. She then looked up at Horatio her eyes serious, "You hurt him you deal with me."

Horatio leaned over and gave her a kiss on the forehead, "I would rather die first."

Alexx nodded then smiled, "Welcome to the family." She gestured towards the table. "Shall we eat?"

"You're okay?" Speed asked.

"I'm perfectly fine with it," Alexx smiled at the both of them. The three sat down for a lovely meal and a nice evening.

~*~

"So meeting mom wasn't too bad," Horatio commented from the bed as he watched Speed get ready for bed.

"I thought she was going to have a heart attack when she saw you," Speed crawled into the bed and snuggled up against Horatio.

"She's happy for us," Horatio kissed the top of Speed's head.

"I love you," Speed yawned, his eyes closing.

"I love you, too." Horatio pulled Speed closer, curling around him following him into slumber.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.