Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
449
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,107

Have Faith

Summary:

Disclaimer: The characters from the show aren't mine, they belong to others. No copyright infringement intended. Any characters you don't recognize are mine.
Feedback would be nice, positive feedback would be nicer. Enjoy!
Category: NCIS hurt/comfort het ficlet
Rating: Teenagers
Characters: Everyone including Commander Faith Coleman
Series: No
Spoilers: Season Two, particularly finale. Don't read further if you haven't seen it.
Summary: Gibbs' basement becomes unexpectedly crowded.
Archive: Just tell me where it's going
Additional 'stuff': SPOILERS FOR SEASON TWO FINALE. Ducky's line towards the end is from `The American President' and was originally spoken by Martin Sheen. I love the film, the line and the actor.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Have Faith
by fanficwriter101

Gibbs leaned fully along the length of the piece of timber he was sanding, aware of someone moving around upstairs. He wasn't surprised when, a moment later, the basement door opened and Tony walked slowly down the stairs.

He was a little more surprised when the door opened a second time and Abby appeared, dragging an apparently reluctant McGee behind her.

Ducky was last, ignoring Gibbs' enquiring raised eyebrow as he held the door for Fornell.

Tony's voice was subdued. `We...um...we thought we might...drink...um...to Kate.'

He held out a bottle of whiskey and Jethro finally stopped sanding, turning, resting against the bench. He pointed to a shelf, tins of paint-stripper almost hiding the bourbon.

`We'll use that.'

Tony reached up, quickly reading the label before handing it over. `Sure boss.'

`You bought glasses?' Jethro asked.

After a pause, Ducky reached into the bag he held, bringing out a pile of tightly-packed tiny plastic cups.

Jethro shrugged and poured a small amount of the amber liquid into each of the translucent cups, adding a larger splash of bourbon to his own mug.

Everyone picked up one of the small cups, hesitating.

`Kate.' Jethro said simply.

`Kate.' The name echoed around the room as everyone responded, sipped, coughed and recovered.

As the room quieted, the basement door opened again and all eyes were suddenly fixed on the white-uniformed woman who descended the stairs.

`Commander Coleman.' Jethro's face showed the war in his mind between wanting to remember Kate as she was and wanting to take the Commander to bed and get the image of Kate on the roof out of his mind even if just for a short time.

`Agent Gibbs.'

The awkward silence was broken by Ducky collecting up the used cups, dropping them into his bag. `Come friends, let us away.'

One by one, everyone left, Faith standing a couple of feet from Jethro, watching him carefully.

`I want to show you something.'

Jethro followed her back upstairs and out of the house. He followed her out to the car and waited while she opened the trunk, lifting the tailgate.

Jethro looked into the brightly-lit interior. `Faith, I don't know what to say.'

Pointing to a six inch square piece of carpet, Faith said quickly: `I cleared a space for you. In case you wanted to put anything in the trunk when we run.'

Faith looked quickly around then leaned across and kissed Jethro gently.

`Faith...'

Concerned, Faith took a step back. `Yeah?'

`You know I'm never gonna hear the end of this now, right?'

Faith smiled, taking Jethro's hand, leading him back into the house. `I hope not.'

End

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author fanficwriter101.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.