Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-08-07
Words:
7,419
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
3
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
2,905

Blue Dreams

Summary:

submission dated 6-4-05
Archive? You'd better.
Warnings: None specific, m/m
Pairing: Bruce/Clark?
Clark feels the heat from Bruce.

Chapter 1: Page 1

Chapter Text

(Italic copy bordered by_underscore_)

Blue Dreams
by FireCracker

It was a rather boring impromptu session at JLA watchtower. As usual, everyone was brought up to date on world threats (or lack thereof). After a briefing by Green Lantern and Wonder Woman, Batman stood to give a report on their newest surveillance technology.

Flash as usual appeared distracted, Arsenal bored. Ollie was attentive, Connor neutral. Superman observed with a strange intensity.

Of course, no one knew the reason why.

The kryptonian barely contained a smile. The Bat was explaining another technological toy with great relish. Bruce never did anything halfway, he mused. The man radiated heat despite his seemingly cold exterior. One day Clark would remind his friend of this.

What would it take to bring that heat out, he wondered. All that discipline and control. Clark wanted to strip that false skin of indifference, get to the man who burned red hot inside...and feel that heat. Taste it. Drown in it.

He coughed into a hand to distract himself. Ollie was watching him in curiosity. Clark shrugged, turning his attention to the Bat again.

/Bruce always was imposing./ he mused. They both were. But while he simply gained attention by sheer physical appearance, Bruce wielded his size like a hammer, all force and intimidation. Fearless, with eyes that stared down Darkseid himself.

Those eyes.

Clark had many admirers who often spoke of his eyes. And in truth they were startling and strange in their blueness. But Bruce had eyes bluer still, with no hint of turquoise. Bizarre and razor clean, almost neon in dim light. And undeniably mesmerizing. Like the rest of the man.

So why wonder?

He'd thought about it, over the years. It would breach protocol, but he could keep a secret. And who would know if he didn't tell? Knowing the Bat's true name didn't help. Oh, he'd seen pictures in the newspapers. Even covered social functions at Wayne Manor as Clark Kent, ace reporter.

But Clark the reporter, Superman the Hero, and Kal-El of Krypton were at odds here. And he was tired, oh so tired, of pretending casual interest. So many meetings, shared experiences, and adventures. Casual touches. Nods of agreement and understanding. Did Bruce know? The Bat himself had commented they were like a couple at times...

"Ah, Superman? A comment, if you please?"

"Uh, what?!" the kryptonian was caught off guard. "Pardon. You were saying?"

The Bat quirked an odd _expression. "The protocols. I trust they meet with your standards?"

Clark looked around the conference table, nodding mutely. Everyone was looking at him oddly.

"I was a bit distracted. Please continue, Batman."

A nod, and the slightest hint of a...smile?

The ever curious Flash watched them back and forth...

Meanwhile the Bat continued, explaining technical diagrams with his pointer. Hands of precision and strength holding a thin rod...

Clark wondered at those hands. What did they feel like? Broad and large, like the rest of the man. And in that armor, well, he looked like a tank.

Wondering...

The suit was only a shell, after all. He wanted the contents. A body and face as fabulous as his fantasies.

Could it be?

He'd weakened over the years, of course. Taking brief peeks through the cowl up close. Seeing him on occasion at Manor parties.

But he always stopped short of spying the goodies. His midwestern upbringing again, he supposed.

That was a long time ago, and he was a man now. He had to know. Thick or thin? Hairy, smooth? Was his cock heavy and straight, or did it have a cute curl and lift?

Batman droned on, nearly putting everyone to sleep with dry data. Clark didn't care. He'd stare at the man for days. A strange noise buzzed in his ear.

"-least look interested!!"

"Wha?"

"For crying out loud." It was Hal, whispering sideways. "You drunk or something?"

"No. I'm paying attention!"

"Could have fooled me."

Clark caught Ollie staring at him again, eyebrows up. He felt a sudden flush. A slow smile crept up the archer's face. Annoyed, Clark gave his best imitation of stone.

Speaking of stone...

That jaw. Those cheekbones. Did someone carve them, or were they real? Ma Kent always said, 'good bones, good genes'. Bruce was given a boatload, then. Yet he was unpretentious about his beauty. Truly a contradiction.

But Clark loved challenges. Just a peek...to hell with protocol.

Batman turned his back to show a diagram. Clark narrowed his eyes slightly.

Kevlar couldn't hide...that ass...or those shoulders. That back rippling under thin mesh and material.

Superman felt a tightness in his briefs. He shifted in his seat. Was the room getting warm?

He suppressed another smile curving his lips. Oh yes, x-ray vision was sweet...

And then the Bat turned to face everyone again as he spoke.

/He's...hung like a freaking horse.../

"Great Scott!!" Superman covered his mouth, too late.

Everyone was annoyed now, glaring.

"What's your problem?!" even Wonder Woman had run out of patience with his bizarre behavior.

Superman waved his hands around nervously. "Family problems back home. Sorry for not being so attentive, everyone."

"Maybe we should adjourn, then." Hal didn't seem convinced. "By next week our chairman may have his head together."

Batman cleared his throat suddenly. "I realize this information is a bit...involved. But the presentation is almost done."

"Please continue." Superman strained to keep his voice normal as possible.

"By all means." Flash emphasized, folding his arms and watching Superman closely.

****

He'd drifted off again, watching. What did Bruce look like when he came? Did he moan or scream? Clark wanted to find out. He wanted to hold that hot and sculpted flesh, hold it and make it his own...

...and see Bruce beg. Make him sweat and shake, cry his name in the dark. Oh yes, a very fine idea. Did he taste honey sweet, or salty? Clark wondered at sliding a tongue in the cleft of his chest, over those fat and tasty nipples. He wanted to bite them, before savoring the ultimate prize. A mouthwatering treat he...

"-Adjourn since our chairman keeps zoning out." Hal commented.

"Agreed!" Diana gave Clark a look of daggers. The kryptonian cringed.

Ollie rolled his eyes. "Bats, can you please wrap this up? I've heard all I can stand about survelliance nanites for one day."

"My apologies, everyone. I see your point." Batman glanced at Superman. "If our chairman can conclude?"

Clark coughed loudly and stood. "Thank you, Batman. The security system sounds like a winner. When can production of those nanites start?"

Even through the cowl, Batman's _expression was indescribable. "They can't begin production until the proper silicone base is made. Weren't you listening?"

Superman flushed red. "Ah, of course." all eyes were on him in disbelief.

"He hasn't heard anything." Ollie accused. "You need to go home or something, Clark?!"

Arsenal spoke sideways to Connor. "Is his head clogged up or something?"

Connor smirked. "Yes. But not from the presentation."

"What are you getting at?"

"What he means is" Flash whispered in conspiracy, "use your eyes! He's been staring at-"

"Gentlemen." a deep voice rolled like thunder. Batman loomed behind them at the table. "Our chairman is talking. Everyone seems distracted today."

"Heh, not about the same thing." Flash was smug.

"That's enough!" Diana was at her wits end. "You clowns pay attention or I'll crack your skulls together."

"I love women that talk rough" Arsenal made a kiss. The amazon snorted in response.

Superman banged a gavel. "I apologize, everyone. Personal matters have taken precedent with me today. We'll resume this in three days."

"Yeah, maybe that personal stuff will clear up by then." Wally teased before Ollie jabbed his ribs.

Clark glared at the speedster. "True, Flash. This meeting is adjourned, unless anyone has something else to say."

Flash piped up again, lifting a hand. "Yeah, I have a question-"

The Bat stood behind him directly, an icy stare down.

Wally glanced up at frosty eyes and dropped his hand. "But it can wait."

"Then, I adjourn this meeting."

****

Everyone quickly said their goodbyes and left. Clark and Bruce were left alone in the conference room, standing side by side.

"Now what was that all about?" Bruce managed to keep his tone even.

Clark carefully chose his words. "I may have been distracted."

"May have been? You looked positively pie eyed. What in the world were you thinking?"

The man of steel paced. "Maybe I shouldn't say."

"Well we certainly can't afford another meeting like that. It was very puzzling-"

"You really don't know, do you?" blue eyes bored into eyes bluer still.

"I would if you told me." Bruce said quickly, then saw the distress on his friend's face. "Is everything alright?"

"I don't think so." Superman ran a hand through his hair. "We need to talk."

Crystal blue eyes widened in comprehension. "Clark...we already had this conversation."

"Let's have another. I didn't like how the other concluded."

The Bat looked around, agitated. "Remember the survelliance, please."

"It isn't set to code orange? We're on light duty."

"I adjusted the protocol."

"You're too paranoid, Bruce."

"Better safe than sorry." the Kevlar cloaked figure sat at the conference table. "But at least the sound is off. We can talk with no problem."

"As opposed to touching?" Superman glared down at him in challenge.

"That's enough, Clark. We've been over this ground."

"Not enough as far as I'm concerned. What are you afraid of?"

"You tell me. Do I look frightened?"

Superman pulled up a chair to face him. "Oh, I know you are. Ever since we kissed last week you've been keeping me at a distance."

Those keen features faltered. "I...you're reading too much into this."

"No." Clark's gaze was strong and unwavering. "If Wally hadn't blundered in, what do you think would have happened?"

"We're lucky he didn't see anything. It was awkward explaining why we were in a small storage area to begin with."

Superman quirked a smile. "I'm not entirely sure he believed us."

"Would you? There's no sane reason we should have been in there, much less with the door closed."

Clark glanced up at the cameras briefly. "I should take you back in there and prove my point."

"What, that your kryptonian hormones are in hyperdrive?"

"There's something going on between us, Bruce. And I know you feel it too."

The Bat stood abruptly, turning away. "This isn't the time or place for this discussion."

"Where, then?" Clark was persistent. He paced Batman around the room.

Broad shoulders clad in cape bunched briefly. "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

"Can you?"

"It would be a disaster, Clark. You're married, for god's sake!"

That halted the kryptonian briefly. "I'll...deal with that another time."

"Deal with?! You'd just throw your marriage aside for...for..."

"Love." Clark purred, lurching at Bruce. "I want you-"

The Bat stood back abruptly. "The cameras, you fool!" he hissed.

Those eyes glimmered with white light. "I don't love easily, either. And I know the problems of a dual life. We could be so much together-"

Bruce suddenly realized he'd been backing around the room with Clark advancing. "This is going to look bad."

Clark frowned. "Look bad?" he glanced up. "Oh. Those annoying cameras again."

Bruce threw his hands up. "I hope the loop kicks in, or we'll have more rumors to deal with."

"You're a master of stealth. Sneak into the archives and burn the tapes."

Wild blue eyes widened in amazement. "And everyone thinks you're a boy scout!"

"Everyone thinks you're an icy bastard, too." Clark countered, continuing to surprise. "I know the lie of it."

Bruce turned away again. "I see." a pause. "What else do you know?"

The kryptonian suddenly turned his face up, eyes glowing. Twin beams of energy melted the cameras to slag.

Batman blinked in shock. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Insuring privacy." Clark advanced again. "And what I know is-"

Bruce found himself backing away slightly. Hands that could crush boulders grabbed him, pulling close.

"-we have something good, something hot..."

"Let go of me, Clark. I won't say it again!" Bruce growled, but his body shivered under the kevlar.

Clark held him in a grip of iron, leaning in. "I can't stop thinking about you since that kiss-"

Bruce desperately tried to lean back, pulse racing. "We shouldn't! What about Lois?"

"She isn't here." Clark dived into a kiss, crushing the hot lips...

And found his mouth devoured in turn.

Bruce slipped arms around, tongue hot and hungry, demanding submission. Wet taste, heat and fury. Powerful arms tangled, smashing hot chests together. They toppled to the floor with a thud.

A gloved hand ripped Clark's cape loose. Clark pulled the bat cowl free in one smooth motion, still kissing. They rolled on the carpet, lips locked in fevered passion.

There was a thump at the door. Muffled voices were heard on the other side.

Mortified, both men immediately sprung to their feet. They scrabbled wildly to fix their costumes.

"Bruce, your cowl!"

"Shit." the Bat swore, quickly yanking it down. The door burst open suddenly, revealing Flash and Green Lantern. They stared in slack jawed disbelief.

"What the hell's going on in here?!" Hal couldn't believe the mess. He glanced at a tipped over chair.

"Ah, just an accident, GL" Superman grinned weakly, shrugging.

"Like what happened to those cameras?" Wally pointed up accusingly.

"He didn't like a protocol." the Bat said with a straight face.

There was an uncomfortable silence. Bruce had an uncontrollable urge to leap from the window, despite being four stories up.

Wally lifted an eyebrow suspiciously. "Something blasted the cameras out. You wouldn't need privacy for anything?"

"Wally!" Hal hissed. "Do you know what you're implying?!"

"I'm not implying anything!"

"Please, everyone." Superman collected his 'chairman' persona. "It was a minor mishap, nothing to report."

"For any particular reason?" the Flash dripped with sarcasm, eyeing them closely.

"Accidents happen all the time. I was merely demonstrating a technique to Batman." even Bruce winced at the lame explanation.

"That's a pretty loaded statement."

Hal sat the chair upright. "I don't know what's really going on around here, but those cameras will have to be replaced."

Batman gave a cursory glance up. "Not a problem. I can have this system up and running again in two days."

"Good." Hal had a strange _expression on his face.

"Something?" Superman gave his best nonplussed expression.

"You haven't really explained anything, you know."

"It was a private conversation. I told Batman cameras weren't necessary in the conference room, but he insisted. I disagreed, and blasted them."

Hal blinked. "Oh. Oh-kayy."

Wally moved too fast for the eye to see. He was at Superman's side in an instant, fingering torn material.

"Must have been one hell of a conversation to rip your cape." a snicker.

Hal threw his hands up. "I don't want to know. See you guys at the next invasion." he left, shaking his head.

Wally watched him go. "Boy, he never pays attention."

"What do you mean by that?" Clark wanted to know.

Green eyes were keen, observing them both. "I may talk a lot but I observe, too."

"Do you have a point?" Bruce was annoyed, wanting to leave.

A red-clad finger pointed. "Yeah Bats, I do. One's a tip, and the other's a piece of advice."

"So say it already!"

"First, you might want to reverse your cowl. It's inside out."

Bruce paled, gasping as he touched his headpiece.

"I saw the seams."

Superman stared. "Great krypton, I never noticed-"

Wally shrugged, smug. "Maybe you were occupied."

Clark wasn't amused. "Okay, big mouth. What's the advice?"

A slow grin. "Between you, me, and the roaches in the walls? Get a room."

Twin sets of blue eyes glared.

Wally gave a sunny smile, waving. "Later, guys. No porn while I'm out." he was gone in a blur of red.

Bruce gritted his teeth. "I'm tempted to set trip wires in every doorway."

****

They were silent a few moments before speaking again. Clark turned to Bruce.

"We have to talk, Bruce. No games."

A heavy sigh as the dark knight adjusted his cowl. "You're right. I know."

"No more denials?"

"What would be the point? We nearly...it almost happened again."

Clark smiled, touching his face. "I know what we could have, Bruce."

"You're still married, Clark. I won't be party to breaking a marriage."

A broad finger traced along the cowl. "Let me deal with Lois. We haven't-let's just say things aren't what they seem."

Bruce allowed himself a small smile. "It's a good thing you burned out those cameras."

Clark beamed. "Why's that?" he purred, holding that fabulous face.

Bruce gave him a wet, sweltering kiss. Tongues coiled and teased before finally retreating.

They nuzzled noses, grinning like fools.

"Bruce?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's get a room."

THE END