Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
360
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,183

The Baritone and the Detective

Summary:

My slash ficlet based on the 1943 classic film "The Phantom of the Opera".

Work Text:

DISCLAIMER: I do not own "The Phantom of the Opera".

It had been a week since Raoul D'Aubert and Anatole Garron both arrived at Christine's dressing room, each wanting to take her to supper. When she suggested all three of them go to supper together, they balked.

"I am not in the habit of taking baritones to supper," said Raoul staring coldly at his rival.

"And I do not care to be seen in public with the police," said Anatole staring back at Raoul.

Raoul demanded that Christine make up her mind once and for all irrevocably between them. But she cleverly managed to avoid choosing between Raoul and Anatole by leaving her dressing room to greet her crowd of admirers.

Raoul and Anatole watched as Christine's many, many admirers surrounded her. They realized then that going to supper with her that night was out of the question. So they decided to make the best of it.

"Would you join me for a bit of supper at the Cafe de l'Opera?" asked Raoul.

"With pleasure, monsieur," replied Anatole.

"Think we can get through this crowd?" asked Raoul.

"Certainly. After all, who'd pay any attention to a baritone and a detective?" said Anatole.

Christine wondered why she had not seen or heard from either of her suitors in the days that followed.

She would be very shocked indeed if she only knew what the baritone and the detective were doing that very night in Raoul's private chambers.

"I am not in the habit of taking baritones to bed," said Raoul to Anatole. "But I am glad I have done so with you."

"And I do not care to make love to the police," said Anatole to Raoul. "But in your case, I will most happily make an exception."

They embraced and kissed.

"What about Christine?" asked Raoul.

"Who?" asked Anatole gazing into Raoul's eyes.

Raoul smiled at Anatole and nodded. They silently agreed that they would speak no more of Christine. They had each other and that was all that mattered.

THE END

Also archived at:

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/jeanster/POTOSlash.html