Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,673
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
5
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,407

Born Again -- Book 2

Summary:

Pairing: Xander/Angel, Wesley/Gunn, C/Giles, Andrew/Fred, Sev/Ethan, Richard/Oz
Rating: FRC
Summary: Their lives at Hogwarts are about to begin.
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters from the series "Buffy" and "Angel" as well as "Harry Potter", but Joss Whedon and J.K. Rowling do. I just like to play with them.
Many thanks Pat, Lunamoon and Queensereya for betaing my story.
A/N 1: Story is based on a challenge from CJ. Details see first book.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Born again Book 2
by Spikewil

***September 2005 - Hogwarts***

 

Xander embraced Angel from behind as they stared at the morning chaos. After more than one year they had finally settled themselves in England with the Weasley family during the holidays and during the school sessions they were staying at Hogwarts. "How are you feeling?" Xander questioned when Angel leaned back heavily.

"I'm tired and I think I need more sleep," Angel said softly as he looked at William. The boy was helping Harry and Draco for their first school lesson with Fred, Andrew, and Remus Lupin. Lily was staring at the boys while she stayed behind with Nicky.

"Why don't we ask Wesley and Gunn to take Lily and Nicky while you take a nap before joining them," Xander suggested as he pecked his husband on the cheek.

Angel nodded and closed his eyes. His breasts were lactating again and knew Nicky had to be fed soon. As on queue, his baby boy started crying loudly.

Xander let go of Angel and joined his three sons on the floor while Angel sat on the couch, exposing his chest and placing their youngest at his nipple. He watched Angel relax while Nicky fed from Angel.

William watched his mother feed his baby brother with his sister staring. "Daddy, I'm hungry," he said when his stomach growled.

"Me too," Draco repeated and was followed shortly by Harry. The two boys were best friends and weren't seen without each other. Most of those times Ron was with them.

"Xander, how far are you with the material for your first lesson?" Angel asked, sounding much clearer than a few minutes before.

"I'm already finished. It's ready to go, but I'm extremely nervous. I've never taught before, Angel. What if it goes wrong?" Xander said, nervously wringing his hands.

"You're going to be fine. You'll see. I am curious about Severus though. How is he going to react about Ethan studying him during his lessons," Angel mentioned as he switched Nicky to his other breast. He had wanted to stop breastfeeding but the doctor had given him another month before stopping to do so.

"Are you going to join us in the Great Hall for breakfast?" Xander questioned as his three oldest sons already stood by the door, ready to go.

"Nicky, Lily and me are going to join you," Angel answered as he prepared himself to join his family.

*****

William, Draco and Harry were skipping along the hallway towards the Great Hall. In front of the door the boys stopped, waiting for their parents to catch up. "Daddy, can we go?" William asked as he tried to push open the door.

Draco and Harry pushed as well, but the three boys weren't strong enough. They waited impatiently for their parents to open the heavy door. As soon as it was open William entered first, followed by Draco and Harry. Xander, carrying Lily entered next and almost stumbled on the floor when his sons suddenly stopped and hugged his legs.

"Boys, are you okay?" Xander asked curiously, smiling when he realised the boys were scared. They weren't as brave as they wanted to be.

"They're staring daddy," William muttered as he tried to hide his face, but couldn't because Draco and Harry were covering every bit of his father's legs. He turned around and hugged his mother's legs instead. He felt a warm hand placed on top of his head and shyly looked up.

"They don't know us. Don't worry everything will be fine. Why don't you help me with Nicky's diaper bag?" Angel said and was glad to see William taking his offer to help him.

The family guided themselves towards the table nearby the teacher's table and settled the children into their chairs. Xander saw William staring back at the students, before the blue eyes searched his uncle. The boy had taken a fascination for potions and could always be found in Severus' dorms unless he was playing with the Weasley twins.

Everyone stopped chatting and gossiping after the first years were sorted when The Headmaster stood and spoke.

"Students, welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Before we feast, I would like to introduce you all to a few new people. This year, Muggle Studies will be taught by Mr. Alexander Harris, your new teacher. His family will be staying here, so treat them as you do with any other teacher."

The moment the Headmaster had finished his speech, food appeared on the table and the students began eating.

William, Draco and Harry were staring at the sudden food in front of them. Harry and Draco quickly recovered from their shock and began eating when their father finished filling their plates. William however, still wasn't used to magic and was still a bit uncomfortable with it.

Angel noticed his son's staring and placed Nicky in his seat before settling William on his lap while Lily sat on Xander's lap. He smiled when William snuggled against his chest before slowly reaching out to the food. "It's okay, Will."

William looked up at his mother before slowly nodding and bravely taking more food of the plate and eating it. Before Angel knew it his oldest son was sitting on the tip of his knees, trying to get closer to the table.

Xander looked at his husband and smiled as they enjoyed the children's fascination with the food and knew they made the right choice of coming to Hogwarts.

 

***9.oo a.m. - Muggle studies**

 

Xander waited nervously for his first class to begin. He had prepared a assignment and was now watching the first students fill his room. When all were seated, he stood up and started class.

"I want you to write down all the Muggle devices that you know off that can't be used with magic," Xander instructed calmly, even though inside he was nervous as hell.

*****

William watched the new man calmly but kept a good eye on his brothers, especially Harry as the boy was intrigued by Remus' appearance.

Harry was staring at the familiar man. His memories, even though he was little when he joined the Harris family, kept tumbling through his mind as he recognized the man's face but not his name. It was on the tip of his tongue.

"Moony!" Harry suddenly exclaimed before jumping up and down.

"You remember me, Harry?" Remus asked surprised. He hadn't expected the boy to recognise him, as the boy was only eight months old when his parents died.

"Moony?" Draco repeated as he watched his brother's happy smile.

"Well, let's get this lesson started, shall we?" Fred interrupted and turned on the music. She started dancing around William, Draco and the Weasley's twins, hoping the boys would join her. She didn't try it with Harry as the boy only had eyes for Remus.

William joined quickly, jumping up and down, occasionally shaking his bottom before Draco followed his big brother's movements. Ron, George and Fred joined in and even Harry managed to break his focus on Remus by joining his brothers and friends.

Remus was still staring in surprise and shock at the little boy in front of him. He laughed loudly at the dancing bodies of the children and joined in.

Andrew sat on one of the chairs in the classroom, staring at his beautiful girlfriend and the children. He was introduced to Remus and something about the man made his hair stand right up. The blond man made himself a promise to watch the guy carefully. Andrew wanted to be sure that Remus meant no harm towards the children.

*****

Severus had trouble keeping his stoic mask on his face as he was shocked and pleasantly surprised when his boyfriend joined his class. He watched Ethan sit down next to a Gryffindor and looked at him as if to wait for him to start the lesson. The Potions Professor turned his attention to the students and began talking.

Ethan was truly interested in his lover's lessons and began asking questions, not seeing the stunned looks he and Severus received from the students. One by one, the students began asking questions and Ethan witnessed Severus' mask of anger leave his face as the other man enjoyed answering the many questions.

*****

Lorne, Wesley and Gunn had joined Angel in his rooms and looked at their two girls playing with their dolls. Nicky had fallen asleep in his mother's arms as Lorne prepared something to drink.

"How are you feeling, Angel?" Gunn asked curious after they hadn't seen or spoken each other for a month. It had taken them a month to prepare the house near the Weasley's and their move to Hogwarts.

"We're doing okay, now that the move is finally finished. I couldn't help much what with Nicky and needing to rest a lot," Angel answered while staring at his youngest son. "What about you?"

"We're doing great. We love the new house and the Weasley's are extremely nice and kind. Albus has offered Gunn and Lorne the job as your assistants next year," Wesley told him proudly.

"Really? I didn't know that. I knew Albus had two assistants in mind, but I never knew whom he was going to choose. I'm glad it's you two," Angel answered as he stood up to put Nicky in his crib.

"How are the children doing? How was their reaction to the move?" Wesley asked.

"Harry and Draco were exited, while William was protective and scared as he doesn't know any magic plus he found the castle a bit frightening. Especially when we just arrived. But now, I think he's doing better and he's taken a liking for Severus' interest in potions," Angel explained softly as he stared at Lily who was very interested in the men's conversation.

*****

Albus looked into his glass globe at Xander's first class. Magic radiated from the strong body, but he couldn't figure out why the young man's magic hadn't come out yet. He was determined to find out.

end part 1

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author spikewil.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.