Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2006-07-09
Words:
9,715
Chapters:
6/6
Comments:
1
Kudos:
14
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
5,576

Something Wrong

Summary:

Permission to archive: yes
Fandom(s): N.C.I.S.
Genre (general, hetero or slash) gen- at least so far
Pairing/Characters:Gibbs/DiNozzo
Rating: FRC
Summary:
Warnings: Refers to SWAK and Twilight
Notes: Just my take on events.
Acknowledgments: Not beta'd , any mistakes are mine.

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Something Wrong
by YumYumPM

 

Some sixth sense alerted Tony DiNozzo to the fact that something was not right. Considering recent events that was not surprising. He looked toward Gibbs' empty desk then down at his watch. His gaze moved upward, first to Kate's desk, now empty, then to McGee. McGee's return look cinched it, consensus was in. Gibbs was officially late.

Tony narrowed his eyes at Gibbs desk, willing the man to be there. Two seconds later he was rewarded when Gibbs, along with his usual cup of coffee, rounded the corner. Something was wrong though. His footsteps were not as brisk as they usually were.

Tony's eyes followed Gibbs as he strode to his desk, setting his coffee down before sitting. Gibbs eyes were bloodshot, his face flushed, he looked almost feverish.

When Gibbs pulled out a handkerchief, sniffed and wiped his nose, Tony sat up straight and blinked. Gibbs was never sick. He'd never so much as had a cold, he had said so himself. Tony realized that he wasn't the only one to have noticed. He looked toward McGee and tilted his head, silently indicating his wish that McGee be the one to inquire. With a slight shake of his head McGee turned away, finding other things of interest to do. Next Tony looked towards Kate's desk. He could imagine her sitting there, ignoring him and finding better things to do and the thought hurt.

Tony brought his mind back to Gibbs - it might not be serious, but what if it was? Tony was not prepared to risk it. They'd already lost one member of the team, and Tony was damned if he was going to lose another. Something would have to be done and it looked like he was going to have to be the one to do it. Well they always said, if you wanted something done, you have to do it yourself.

Tony, taking full responsibility, stood up and tugged on his jacket to straighten it before he lost his nerve. Then with purposeful steps he walked around Gibbs desk to stand next to him. Reaching out he brushed back the hair from Gibbs forehead, verifying that it was indeed hot to the touch. That did it, Tony got a firm grip on Gibbs arm, intending to pull him up and haul him to Ducky's office.

Gibbs, his eyes deadly, looked at the hand then up to Tony's face. Another time that look would have Tony backing away, but not this time. "What do you think you doing, DiNozzo," Gibbs growled; only it came out more a croak.

"Taking you to see Ducky," Tony asserted firmly. "You're not well."

Gibbs jerked his arm out of Tony's grasp. "The only way you'll get me there is by gunpoint," Gibbs grumbled as he returned his attention to his work.

Tony backed off and walked back to his desk. Gibbs obviously thought the subject closed. Not by a long shot. Tony reached into his draw and pulled out his gun, snapping in the clip with finality. With determination, he walked around his desk and stopped in front of Gibbs, raising the gun aiming it at his boss.

McGee's gasp of, "Tony, are you crazy?" caught Gibbs attention and he looked up to find gun pointed directly at him. Standing up, Gibbs croaked, "What the hell...?"

His intimidating glare had no effect on Tony, who glared back. "If this it what it takes, so be it." Tony stated firmly. He motioned with the gun. "Let's go," he ordered.

Gibbs jaws tightened and he leaned forward, his knuckles supporting his weight on the top of his desk. "You...wouldn't...dare."

Tony didn't back down. He glared back, raised one brow and simply gestured with the gun once again. They both knew he wouldn't use it, but he was making a point. Tony was serious about Gibbs going to see Ducky.

Gibbs straightened, glared menacingly at Tony and without a word, gave in. He led the way towards Ducky's domain with Tony following at a respectable distance leaving an open mouthed Tim behind. They took the stairs, Tony knew from personal experience not to get too close to Gibbs.

 

 

TBC
end part 1