Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Perfect
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
411
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,199

Perfect II

Summary:

Rafe reflects on his relationship with Blair.

Work Text:

Title: Perfect II
Author: Tayla
Fandom: The Sentinel
Pairing: Blair/Rafe
Rating: FRT13
Category: Angst, Drama
Status: Completed June 27, 2002
Archive: Yes to WWOMB/Peja. All others please ask
Feedback: Yes, please. All constructive criticism will be graciously accepted
Email: tayla36@aol.com
Author's Web Site: www.geocities.com/tayla36/index
Series/Sequel: Sequel to "Perfect"
Disclaimers: The Sentinel and its characters belong to Pet Fly Productions and Paramount Network Television. No copyright infringement is intended. The author makes no profit and exists solely on the accolades from fellow fans.

Authors Notes: "Perfect" was just supposed to be a one shot thing, but a few people gave me some feedback requesting a sequel, and that woke up the plot bunny . . .

Summary: Rafe reflects on his relationship with Blair.

Warnings: Slash, but not graphic

Perfect II
By Tayla

Perfect

He's perfect.

I'm watching him get dressed. He's very graceful, moving around the room, almost as if he were still dancing. He disappears into the bathroom for a few minutes. I might have dozed off, because all of the sudden he's leaning over me, his soft lips brushing mine in a gentle kiss, then harder, his tongue demanding entrance, plundering my mouth the way he did my body a little while ago.

He is perfect.

We could be so perfect together

But he never stays the whole night.

I asked him once, why he won't stay. I want him to stay, want to see him in the morning light with his hair a mess and his eyes bleary. Bleary because he hasn't gotten enough sleep because we made love most of the night. I want to serve him breakfast in bed, and share a coffee mug, and share the shower. I would drop him off at the Academy and go into work with a smile on my face and the love bites showing proudly so everyone would know, so even his partner would know and eat his heart out.

But he always goes home.

I asked him to move in, to stay with me.

But he won't.

He warned me not to fall in love with him. That he could only give me his body, not his heart. Someone else already has his heart, though the fool doesn't know it.

Ellison.

I turn over and bury my face in the pillow so I won't have to hear the door close as he leaves me to go back to his perfect partner.

END

Series this work belongs to: