Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
852
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
860

As I Lie You Down To Sleep 6: Vampires And Demons Immortality Oh My ...

Summary:

Fandom: Highlander/Angel
Pairing: Angel/Methos
Disc: Angel and its characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox Production. Highlander and its characters belong to TPTB at Panzer/Davis and their associated companies.
Rating: Slash m/m
Summary: WAAAAAAAAA .... I have been kidnaped by those meany Highlander people. Part six, it follows 'Tell you a secret.'
Beta-reader: Pollyanna. Mama Mia, there you go again ....... *g*

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

As I Lie You Down To Sleep 6: Vampires And Demons, Immortality Oh My ...
By Erika

They were both busy clearing the desk, and Angel was relieved at this distraction. He didn't want to think about making Adam an immortal. Not now.

He could only hope he could control the demon that was awakening within him and commanding him to take Adam.

Angel glanced to his left and looked hungrily at Adam. Damn, if Cordelia did end up staking him, surely it would be worth it. Adam was busy gathering some of the loose papers on the desk, so Angel just turned back to work and put the lamp down on the floor.

"Damn."

"What?" Angel glanced at Adam who was looking down at his hand.

"Paper cut."

"Let's see." He took the cut finger and sucked at it gently, tasting the blood and reopening the wound a bit.

"Angel . . . " Whatever else Adam was about to say had been cut off by Angel continuously sucking on the finger. It seemed to Angel that he had never tasted blood so sweet. As much as he would love to continue this, he knew it would be dangerous for him to tempt his Demon so he let go of the finger but not before giving it a final lick.

Still holding onto the hand, he watched as the wound closed. What happened next surprised him. He saw a faint spark close the wound completely until the cut disappeared. He glanced back at Adam who was now pale.

They were both looking at each other, neither knowing where to begin or what they should ask.

"Would you like to tell me what that is all about?" asked Angel. Someone had to start this conversation and it might as well be him, since Adam looked like he was about to faint.

"Would you believe I was going to tell you?"

"Do you want me to answer that?"

Adam sighed deeply. "We'd better sit down. It is rather complicated."

"Just answer me this, are you human?"

Adam paused. "There were times when the answer would have been no. I am not human."

"But now?" Angel prompted, trying to get Adam back on track, not liking the pain he saw within the young man's eyes.

"Yes, I'm human."

They both paused not knowing what else to say. Angel felt conflicted. He had thought Adam was a mortal and he hadn't wanted to take him down. He pushed that thought aside, and instead concentrated on getting some answers from the man in front of him.

"What are you, Adam?"

"I'm an Immortal."

At hearing that confession, Angel's demon howled. He found himself desperately trying to control the change. He knew he could not deal with this implication in his vampiric form. The temptation to change and take Adam was too great, he turned his back to him and faced the wall.

"Who did this to you?"

Angel could hear Adam breathe in deeply as though gathering his thoughts. "I was born this way. We ... we live normal lives. We are mortal in every sense of the word, until we experience our first death." Hearing Adam's pause Angel still did not turn around to face him. "We become immortal. We cannot die."

Hearing those words, Angel finally turned around and faced his ageless immortal. "How old are you?"

"Five thousand years, give or take."

"Well that would explain things."

"What?" He had caught Adam unaware.

"Why your blood would taste so sweet."

"Angel I ... I'll get my things and get out of your way."

"No." Angel quietly stated.

"Excuse me?"

"I said no. You are not leaving."

"What do you want from me?" Adam asked, confusion clearly written in his face.

"I want to know you. I want to have eternity to know you." Angel closed the distance between them, raised his hand and gently caressed Adam's face. "I have a confession to make."

"What is it?" Adam inquired.

"I was going to make you immortal." At Adam's intake of air, Angel moved his arms to gather Adam inside their embrace. He stroked Adam's hair feeling its smoothness. "I didn't want to lose you. Not to time. You complete me."

"As you do me."

Angel chuckled. "Aren't we a pair." Angel released Adam and held his face in his hands. "You tempt my demon, Adam. No one, has ever tempted both my demon and my angel. I would have given up my soul to have had you for eternity and parts of me wonder whether I have already given it up. It's been centuries since I sired a child, Adam. My last two children, well they're nothing to talk about."

"So? Where do we go from here?"

"Hum ... You still want to christen this desk?"

"Yes."

At Adam's eager response Angel smiled. "And since we are both immortal, then I guess we could very well survive Cordelia's wrath."

"Oh, definitely."

"This immortality Adam, does it give you any special powers?"

"Stamina." Adam responded trying to hide a grin.

"Hum ... a very useful skill," Angel said backing Adam towards the desk.

=30=

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Erika.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.