Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
936
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
1,046

As I Lie You Down To Sleep 4: I Wanna Know You Inside Out

Summary:

Pairing: Highlander/Angel
Disc: Yadda...yadda...yadda... Angel and its characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox Production. Highlander and its characters belongs to TPTB at Panzer/Davis and their associated companies.
Rating: Slash m/m
Summary: Deep thoughts. Contemplations. New beginnings. Forgotten dreams. Part four: It follows When you're gone.'
Beta-reader: Pollyanna who LOL at all my wacky emails and has yet to sue me for all the times she has fallen out of her chair.
Music: Title of this chapter comes from Bryan Adams CD "On A Day Like This."

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

As I Lie You Down To Sleep 4: I Wanna Know You Inside Out
by Erika

Angel sat on the couch giving him a clear view of the bathroom door. He tried to gather his thoughts around him like a comforting blanket, but he found no console.

Today.

Today I will make you immortal. But how can I tell you? How can I explain what I feel right now? I fear that I won't find the words to explain what I am about to do.

If I tell you, I want to know you, how would you react?

Would you think me weak for wanting to know everything about you? From your deepest thoughts to your saddest moments. I want to know the thing that hides behind your eyes. Every time we make love, something in me awakens. There is something in you that calls to it, that beckons me forward.

I want to have eternity to know you.

When you lay in my arms all I can think about is what do you dream about? What are your fears? Do you know that I love you? That I will protect you.

I want to taste you. The Demon in me wants to know what a fallen angel would taste like. You would taste so sweet.

My curse forbids me to love someone. It traps me in this darkness. Whatever light I attract I must bid farewell to, as I cannot allow myself to again become a demon. But why are you so different? Why do I feel like it wouldn't matter to you? That you would welcome the demon in me just like you welcome the angel.

I can't lose you to time and I can't ask you for this. How can I explain eternity to you? How can someone so young understand the loss one feels in losing those around you? How could you understand the regrets that I carry within me? How can I explain what forever means?

I need to make you immortal, even though I know I would lose a part of you. I need to make you mine.

Never have I been so tempted. Never has the demon in me joined forces with the angel. I would give up my soul to have you. I never thought I would bargain my soul away, for the dreams and the ecstasy your body offers and promises to me.

You will be my immortal. And every time I awaken you will by my side. We will hunt together and the night will be ours.

At the sound of the bathroom door opening, Angel gathered up his thoughts. He made his way towards Adam who smiled at him. Adam had just come out of the shower, his skin slightly pink from all the hot water he had used.

They had spend the day mostly underground. Angel had been busy showing Adam the many intricate getaways around the city. Never had he met a mortal so interested in the sewers. Adam had wanted to know everything about Vampires. He was like a child who had discovered a secret that only a select few knew about. But most of all Adam had played, showing a mischievous nature that Angel had found to be totally endearing.

They had made their way back from the motel room Adam had rented, using the sewers as a cover. They had gone to the motel to collect Adam's things and had slowly made their way back to Angel's place. Earlier he had called Cordelia telling her he was due back at any time, but they had arrived home late.

He chuckled suddenly, Cordelia had been surprised at meeting Adam and after getting over her shock she began to flirt with him. She backed away when she heard Angel growl, and saw him put a possessive arm around Adam. Usually, he didn't mind Cordelia's flirtatious behaviour but he had to admit he had been caught slightly unawares when the demon in him bristled at the scene played out in front of him.

"Angel?" He turned towards Adam who looked totally edible and slightly guilty.

"You used all the hot water?" Adam had the grace to blush. Sweet. You would taste so sweet.

"Mnf...." Angel could feel the Demon rattling its cage. How many times in the past three days had he taken Adam against the wall? How many times have they kissed like this passionately, urgently and uncontrollably? Not enough.

"Bastard." Adam commented when Angel finally released him. His lips were swollen, his eyes were dilated and he was panting heavily.

Angel reached forward to take away the towel that did little to hid Adam growing arousal, but Adam grabbed hold of his hand and gently pushed it away.

"I thought we were going out." Stated Adam, leaning forward to kiss Angel. "You were going to show me off." This time he trailed kisses along Angel's jaw. "And then you promised you'd fuck me in a dark alley." Adam stated, his voice daring Angel to do otherwise. "You know you wanna ... we'll christen the place. Every dark alley in the goddamn city if necessary. It could take us forever."

Angel loved his lover's teasing nature. Two could play this game.

"Alright," he said but not before playfully slapping the young man's rear. "Get dressed. You have ten minutes."

Angel left Adam still glaring at him, rubbing the area where he had been slapped. The young man's gaze promised retribution, and Angel quickly made his way upstairs before he gave in to his need to take the Adam up against the wall.

=30=

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Erika.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.