Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
481
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
16
Hits:
1,082

Land of the Drive Through Wedding Chapel

Summary:

Sara receives a surprise from her boyfriend. Reviews make the world go round.

Work Text:

Notes: Response to a Improv Challenge on the Unbound site. First and last lines are provided. 1000 word limit.

Disclaimer: I do not own CSI, or any of its characters. CSI is owned by Alliance Atlantis, CBS, and Anthony Zuicker.

 

----

"Just close your eyes," he said.

"What? Why?"

"Sara, just trust me and close your eyes."

Sara just glared at her boyfriend.

"Come on Sara, close your eyes. Please?"

She looked at the boyish smile on his face (more of a smirk really), and grinned.

"Alright," she relented, covering her eyes, "This had better be good though."

"It will be. I'll be right back." He said as he ran to his bedroom. "Don't open your eyes until I tell you to."

"How do I get into these things?" She asked herself. "How did I end up standing with my hands over my eyes in the middle my boyfriends living room?"

She smiled to herself. "I never could resist him, or anything he's ever asked me."

Her thoughts were interrupted by his return.

"O.K. Sara, you can turn around and open your eyes."

Sara turned around and slowly lowered her hands.

The first thing she noticed was the nervous look on his face.

The second, was the small velvet box containing a diamond ring, which was in his hands.

Tears filled her eyes, as she heard the words she'd been longing to hear for so long: "Sara, will you marry me?"

For the first time in her life, Sara was rendered speechless.

"I... Oh!... You..."

She couldn't seem to get enough to breathe, and was having trouble completing a single thought, let alone words.

Sara solved the problem by flinging herself at him. She knocked him over the arm of the sofa, and landed on top of him. She then began raining kisses all over his face and neck.

He tightened his arms about her waist, and smiled at her when she finally stopped for breath.

"Is that a yes or no?"

"It's definitely a yes Gil." She replied happily.

"So, when do you want to get married?" Sara asked.

"Sara!" Grissom laughed, "I just asked you to marry me!"

"So?"

"Well, doesn't take time to plan a wedding? You have to pick out a dress, we need to arrange a chapel and caterers...."

Sara silenced him with another kiss.

"Gil, we live in Las Vegas: 'Land of the Drive-Through Wedding Chapel'! We could call the guys and have them meet us at the nearest chapel."

He surprised her when he said "Alright Sara. Let me run in the bedroom and make a few calls first."

He ran off into the bed room, leaving Sara sitting on the sofa with a smile on her face.

"Okay, I guess that's settled then."