Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,458
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,013

I'll make it through for you

Summary:

Post Grave Danger.  Nick goes on his first case back with Gil, his lover and friend. They get caught in a tight spot and Gil must help Nick stay calm.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

I'll make it through for you
by Mystic

Nick was a little nervous about going into work that it was his first time back after being taken 3 months ago. He looked at his lover, Gil Grissom, looked worse then he felt. "I know you think it's a bad idea for me to go back not but I have to do something Gil. I'm going crazy just sitting around here."

Gil looked at Nick and nodded, "I know Nicky. I just love you."

Nick smiled and walked over to Gil. He put his arms around him, "I love you too." He smiled, "Since you're my supervisor again you can put me on whatever cases you want."

Gil smiled at that. He was happy with Conrad at the moment. He had given him back his guys. "Yea I'm going to give you easy cases for awhile and with partners Nick."

Nick didn't even argue with him on the partners. He felt better knowing he'd have a partner. "Alright I'll go with that for awhile."

Gil and Nick got ready to go to work. They didn't have to worry about coming to work separate anymore. Everyone knew about them now even Eckley.

************

Nick followed Gil into the CSI building. He knew everyone was staring at him. They always did when he came into the building. For the past three months they went out of their way to speak to him. "Hello everyone."

Several people smiled at them.

The evening went slow for a while but then a D.B. was called in at a small hotel across town. Gil looked around at his people. "Greg I want you and Sara to take care of this."

Nick looked up at Gil, "Grissom, man, I want a case. Let me take this one. You can give me any partner you want."

Gil was going to argue but sighed, "Alright. Nick and I'll take this case. Catherine is going to be taking my place as active supervisor for the night." He left the break room with Nick in tail. "I don't like this Nick. Why can't just start out in a small case."

Nick shook his head, "No Gil I want to come back all the way."

************

The crime scene was a simple one really. The body and the weapon used was all there. There was a problem however the body was in a tiny room in the back of the office. No windows and only one door. Nick looked around the room from out side the door. He turned to Gil, who was looking at him with concern.

"Are you going to be all right?" Gil asked as he walked up and behind Nick. He wanted to take him in his arms but that wasn't permitted at a crime scene.

Nick nodded, "I'm going to be fine. I can do this Gil." He looked at him in the eyes to calm his nerves. "Let's do our job." He walked over to the body with his kit and started processing.

Gil looked over the door. "I think this door locks from the outside only. You can't get it open from the inside."

Nick looked at his lover, "Really that's strange for an office room door. Don't you think?"

Gil looked around the room at the furnishings, "I'm not sure this was an office. I think it was just storage. Look there's two desks. I wonder why the shooting was in here." He walked over the body an knelt down by Nick, "So what've we got?"

Nick was about to give his theory when the beat cop walked in, "Is everything okay in here cause if it is I'm going to answer a robbery in progress call."

Gil nodded, "That's fine. Just put a call in for Captain Brass to come over to the scene."

The beat cop nodded, "Fine." He closed the door on the way out.

Gil and Nick gave a shout but it was to late the door was shut.

Gil walked over to the door and started yanking on it. It just would not budge. "I think we're stuck in here." When he received no reply in return he turn to see Nick looking wild eyed at him. "Nick?"

Nick swallowed very thickly. He was stuck in a small space again with no way out. He could barely hear his lover calling out to him. The only light they had was a small bulb dangling from the ceiling. "It's happening again isn't it?"

Gil walked cautiously over to the young man he loved, "Nicky its okay the idiot just shut the door. Jim's on his way now remember? We'll be out of here in time flat."

Nick shook his head and back away from the scene into a corner, "We're stuck in here. We're trapped! It's happening to me again."

Gil walked over to Nick and kneeled in front of him, "No Nicky it isn't happening. You're not alone baby. I'm here with you. Brass is going to get us out of here."

Nick looked up at Gil and threw himself into the waiting arms of his lover, "I'm scared. I don't want to be trapped in here. There's no windows we can't get out. What if Jim doesn't come and no one finds us?"

Gil kissed the top of Nick's head, "They'll find us my love I promise."

Nick snuggled into Gil's chest and took long slow deep breaths. "I'm sorry."

Gil maneuvered them so he was sitting in the corner with Nick between his legs. He moved Nick so he had his head lying on his shoulder, "There is no need to apologize. We'll get through this together. I'm just so glad it was me that was here and not someone else."

Nick buried his head in Gil's shoulder, "Don't want anyone else. Just you."

**************

45 minutes later:

The couple stayed snuggled together until they heard a sharp rap on the door. "You two okay in there?"

Gil called out, "Yea we're fine. Open then door please it's locked we're stuck." He helped Nick stand up. He kept his arms wrapped tightly around him. "See we're okay. Super Jim is here."

Nick chuckled, "Super Jim. Don't tell him that it'll swell his head."

Gil smiled mischievously, "More then it already is?"

Nick had to outright laugh at that.

Jim shouldered the old door open, "Are you alright? How did the door get locked?"

Gil told Jim about the beat cop shutting the door when he left.

Jim looked Nick over. He looked a little out of it. "Are you alright Nick?"

Nick nodded, "I had a little scare but I'm alright now." At Jim's puzzled look Nick explained, "There's no windows in here. No way out. Hardly any light at all. I panicked."

Jim hugged the younger man, "Are you alright? When I get my hands on that cop..."

Nick shook his head, "Don't worry about that. He didn't know about the door and I'm all right. Gil helped me through it." He smiled and kissed Gil on the cheek.

Jim smiled at the affection. It reminded him of his own relationship with the crazy lab tech turn CSI, Greg Sanders. "How about you two head home and I'll call Catherine and tell her what's up and she can send Warrick and Greg out."

Gil nodded, "I think we will do that. Thank you Jim." His voice left no room for Nick to argue.

Nick walked out the building behind Gil and got in the Tahoe, "Can we get something to eat on the way home?"

Gil nodded, "Of course."

Nick smiled and leaned back in his seat. Maybe he wasn't completely ready to go back to work yet but he was going to at least go in and do paper work or help around the lab. He could beat this and he would with Gil's support. He latched on to Gil's hand and held it the whole way home.


Epilogue:

The couple had finished their dinner and had gone into the bedroom to lie down. They had only been disturbed once and that was when Catherine called to make sure they were alright.

Nick snuggled into Gil's side, "Thank you for being there for me today. I don't know if I could get through any of this with out you in my life."

Gil leaned down and took Nick's lips in a long slow kiss, "You don't have to thank me for anything Nicky. I'm always going to be there for you no matter what. I love you."

Nick smiled, "I love you too."

Gil and Nick settled in for the night and fell asleep with only the happy times to come in their minds.



THE END.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Mystic.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.