Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
398
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,241

Lover's Game

Summary:

Fandom: Xena/Herc
Pairing: Joxer/Ares
Rating: FRT
Disclaimer: If they were mine it wouldn't be called *fan*fiction would it?
Summery: At a party eyes are drawn to the triplets. Written for windles_orbit weekly challenge #2 - coy.

Work Text:

Lover's Game
by Werewindle

The party is in full swing, the food and drink plentiful the music floating in the air encouraging the revelers to dance but not so loud as too drown out conversation. Perfect as you would expect any Olympian party to be. Through it all discussions pause and dancers turn gazes drawn to the trio near the corner.

Jayce is obvious in it, he flaunts it. He wears bright clothes, moves with exaggerated gestures - everything about him is meant to draw attention - even his voice with that odd accent. It's all part of his trade and he is GOOD at it. Jayce entertains a wide audience, common and royal alike. Short-tempered battle hardened warlords take to him like shy stammering recruits still wet behind the ears. And the godly guest are no less fascinated.

Jett draws attention of another kind, no flirting looks or sparkling fabrics he is the opposite - dark, mysterious and pain tinged danger. He is madness and death and people are drawn to that. Slim build, slinking moves he can walk into the roughest tavern and part the crowed with a tilt of his chin. The King of Assassins, favored of the Goddess Discord he commands respect. By the same flip of the coin he can slip into the shadows, meld into a crowd, seemingly disappear into thin air.

As for Joxer... To most Joxer is innocence, he is good natured and clumsy, affectionate and loyal. But they don't know what lies beneath that carefully affected patina. Led astray by the jumbled armor and easy grin. Underneath is passion and seduction, dark pleasure and sultry grace. They see him peering from underneath long lashes and think it shy uncertainty. But he is not shy- he is the embodiment of coy. He manipulates those around him better then any courtesan.

Joxer enjoys the game but turns down the sweetly enticing propositions. He glances at where his lover is trapped in conversation across the room and plays at considering. He blushes and flutters his lashes occasionally scuffing a booted toe on the floor. Purposely provoking his lover's possessive side. More then one gathering has seen Ares sweep a laughing Joxer into his arms and to their room when the coy seduction act becomes to much. That of course is the point to the dance - a lover's game.

 

Website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/twin_swords/