Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
412
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
851

Untitled drabble

Summary:

fandom: CSI:NY
this isn't betaed, so I hope I didn't do too badly - I'm terrible at spotting my own mistakes. This is my first attempt at writing in the CSI universe.
Comments and criticism are welcome. (Offers to beta some of the other stuff I'm working on are even more welcome :P)

Work Text:

Untitled drabble
by danthomir

Mac nodded an acknowledgment of Flack's greeting and started a mental count. By the time he got to three Flack was at his side.

"I hear Danny didn't return to New York with you."

Mac hummed an affirmative and ignored the frustrated look it got him.

"So he is taking a vacation?"

"No."

He restrained a smirk as the frustrated look turned into a glare and decided to trow the detective a bone.

"He got invited for some extra training. ...He claimed the offer was too good to pass up."

"He claimed?"

Mac turned to coffee machine to hide a smile.

"Well, Mr. Grissom is certainly a foremost expert in his area. And it isn't really something he could learn from me." He could practically feel detective's gaze sharpen with suspicion as he poured himself some coffee he didn't really need.

"But?"

"I never saw Danny show any interest in insects before. And he didn't seem particularly interested in Mr. Grissom either until he got a good look at his young colleague."

The nonchalant "She is a looker I take it." was so far from nonchalant that Mac had to take a hasty sip of coffee to prevent his _expression from giving the game away.

"I suppose he is, if you are into that kind of stuff. Not really my cup of tea, though."

He fleetingly wished he could have gotten away with bringing a camera as he did his best to memorize the pole-axed look on detective's face.

"You.. Danny.. with a man? I taught he was into women?"

"It isn't really any of my business detective. Or yours for that matter." and the sheer indignation on Flack's face made him resort to the cup of coffee again before proceeding "If he found someone to make him happy his friends can only wish him well. Wouldn't you agree?"

The "Yes." he got was less than convincing and the expression on the detective's face brought sour lemons to mind. Or would that be sour grapes?

***

"I'm not in. Leave the message after the beep."

BEEP

"Mac I don't know what I did to piss you off but this counts as cruel and unusual punishment. Do you know WHY Grissom couldn't get any of his CSIs to help with the experiment? I'm not amused, Mac!" CLICK

end