Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
5,483
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
995

ABC 4: Desperados

Summary:

Part 4 of the ABC series
Feedback welcome!!
Disclaimers: The characters and show all belong to Joss Whedon, Fox, Mutant Enemy, Kuzui, and God only knows who else. The storyline, however, is the sole property of the author. This story cannot be sold or used for profit in any way. Copies of this story may be made for private use only and must include all disclaimers and copyright notices.
F/F M/F romance: the story assumes a loving and sexual relationship between people of the same gender, mixed genders, and may even include 3 at the same time . If this offends or is illegal for you, then please leave. Come back when you are older, have an open mind, moved, or changed your laws.
Spoilers: Takes place after Wrecked
Summary: Willow disappeared shortly after Wrecked. Two years later she's back but drastically changed. Who are the bad guys: the Watchers or Willow?
Rating: FRT-13
Author's Note: W/G, An/C, B/R, B/F, X/A

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

ABC 4: Desperados
by Frau Hunter Ash
Copyright © 2004 by Hunter Ash. All Rights Reserved.

Willow paced restlessly as they waited for Tracy and Tara to return until Spike yelled in frustration and slammed out the door.

"Don't mind him, he doesn't play well with others," Angel smirked as Cordy sat in his lap.

Willow shook her head, this was a new Angel for her, a loving and joking lover.

Tara and Tracy finally entered from the back door and shook their heads when Willow looked at them hopefully.

"We couldn't get near Giles," Tracy complained. "The Watchers have a magic shield up around him and nothing with magic can get near him."

"To keep me away," Willow growled, her eyes shifting to yellow in anger.

"Yup!" Tara agreed. "We didn't dare drop our glamour appearances in case they knew what we look like and we would trigger their alarms."

"I didn't know you were magic inclined," Gunn complained to Tracy.

"It never came up," Tara joked easily. "She always lets me take the lead, she doesn't think she's good enough."

"I'm nowhere near as good as you," Tracy protested.

Willow smiled, it sounded like the old arguments she used to have with Tara about the blonde witch's insecurities around Willow's magical talents.

"So what do we do?" Cordy demanded. "The hospital says Giles is in critical condition and not likely to survive."

Willow whimpered and began pacing again.

"Damnit!" she shouted. "How do we get through to Buffy, find out what the hell the Council wants and rescue Giles?"

"That about sums it up and I've got a really bad idea," Angel said slowly, looking at Cordelia as she sat on his lap.

"What?" she demanded. "As long as you don't dress me up in Willow's leather and make me pretend to be a vampire!"

"You'll like this even less," Angel promised.

* * *

"Buffy," a voice whispered from the shadows as she walked towards her front door. The Slayer turned with stake in one hand and an automatic pistol in the other. Her Slayer senses didn't send her any warnings so she didn't think it was a vampire.

"Xander?" she called back and ran to hug the young man when he stepped out of the shadows. He quickly pulled her back into the shadows of the large tree.

"Are Anya and Jesse okay?" he asked quickly.

"Yeah, they picked up Dawn in San Francisco and left the City," Buffy said with a slight smile. "No one knows where they are or where they're going, not even me."

"Thank God," he sighed. "I've kept out of sight like you said. Any news on why the hell a Watcher tried to kill me?"

"I'm beginning to get an idea," Buffy said slowly. "Come in through the back door and meet me in Dawn's room, the lights will be out."

"Okay," Xander nodded and waited until the Slayer got inside her home, heard the door lock and saw lights clicking on inside before he moved.

Moments later he worked his way through the house and was surprised to hear the shower running. He wasn't sure he had heard Buffy right until she called out to him from Dawn's room.

"Shower?" he asked, his eyes adjusting to the darkness as he sat down on the bed next to Buffy.

"In case anyone is watching and listening outside," Buffy explained.

"So what the hell is going on?" Xander demanded.

"Besides you shooting an intruder in the face with a shotgun in your home?" Buffy quipped and watched Xander turning green. "Sorry, Xan. I'm just still freaked. Seeing Willow as a vampire was just way too déjà vu, you know?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "I'm just glad you suspected someone might come after me and Anya and showed up."

"I was still too late, if you hadn't had that shotgun he would have killed you both," Buffy complained.

"We live in Sunnydale and you won't always be there, we learned," Xander shrugged. "How did you figure out he was a Watcher?"

"English passport, airline tickets and they all wear a medallion that no one else sees. I saw it fall out of Giles' chest one night when a demon slashed his shirt open. Your attacker had it," Buffy explained.

"So that's why you dressed him in my clothes and had Anya pretend the victim was me," Xander nodded.

"Keeps you safe, gets Anya and Jesse out of harm's way, and it clued me in that the Council is up to something," Buffy agreed.

"Yeah, a shotgun blast to the face makes identification difficult," Xander muttered, still struggling with his stomach at the memory of having killed a human being so brutally, even if the man was trying to kill him, his wife and child. "Still think Willow and Faith are the bad guys?"

"No, I'm not sure," Buffy frowned. "Why set Faith up for killing you? They could have easily said that Willow put a spell on the Watcher to kill you. They said she had put a spell on Giles, why not on another Watcher? It would have explained the attack."

"They need you fighting Faith for some reason, but why?" Xander pondered.

"The Watchers said that Willow was an evil vampire and wanted to destroy my life and everyone in it," Buffy said thoughtfully. "What if that's the Council's plan? They kill Riley and you and blame it on Faith; Willow shows up as a vampire and is attacked at my front door and Giles nearly killed; and Angel disappears. They tell me they shot Willow and Giles to protect me?"

"They didn't explain that part?" Xander asked with a smirk. He was tired, it had been a long day spent in the library in a baseball cap and keeping a low profile. He had been worrying about Anya, son and Buffy and it was catching up with him. Xander still couldn't believe Willow was a vampire either.

"No, they didn't. Willow said to contact Angel and Tara, that they knew the truth," Buffy said slowly. "Then they disappear. The Watchers are acting like they don't care if Giles lives or dies but they've put up shielding to keep magic out and are hovering around like vultures."

"Hoping Willow shows up to kill him?" Xander ventured.

"Or claim him," Buffy offered and smiled at Xander's confused look. "She always did have a crush on him."

"That's true and so utterly Hellmouth weird!" Xander protested.

"It is not!" Buffy countered. "Giles is kinda sexy."

"Tweed man?" Xander squeaked. "I don't think so!"

"What, is Spike more your type?" Buffy teased.

"Oh, if these were the old days, I'd throw you down on the bed and tickle you for that!" Xander warned. "Can we say 'yuck'?"

"So they isolate me, kill everyone that means anything to me," Buffy lost her smile as she considered the original questions. "Why?"

"Spike always tried to separate you from us so you'd be vulnerable," Xander suggested.

"Yes, so I'll turn to the Council when they offer help, but again why?"

"I don't know that one, they're worse than the Initiative," Xander complained. "How do we find out what they're up to?"

"I don't know except let myself play into whatever their plans are and play it by ear," Buffy suggested.

"That is so not funny!" Xander protested. "Once they get you in the back of one of those vans we'll never see you again!"

"I know, that's what worries me too," Buffy agreed as she leaned her head on Xander's shoulders. "I miss Riley."

"I know," Xander said softly. "He was good to you."

"Did you know he knew about Faith and Angel and never said a word?" Buffy asked, her voice soft and small sounding. "He just accepted what love I could give him."

"Yeah, he mentioned it a couple of times," Xander nodded. "Said he knew he could never have all of you but he was happy with what you two had."

"Someone is gonna pay for what they did to him," Buffy growled.

"Big time," Xander agreed.

The doorbell roused Buffy up from the bed.

"Hang out up here but stay quiet, that'll be the next set of Watchers," Buffy instructed.

"They don't leave you alone for long, do they?" Xander asked pointedly.

"No, they don't," Buffy agreed with a frown.

"What the hell do they want you for?" Xander frowned in frustration as she went to answer the door.

* * *

Buffy sprinted down the hallway of the hospital at full speed. The police hadn't made it there yet and she was hoping they would keep back. The situation was just too unreal for conventional methods.

The Slayer rounded the corner to the ICU unit and skidded to a stop and blinked. Buffy really hadn't believed what the Watcher had told her over the cell phone but she had to admit he had been telling the truth.

Cordelia Chase was standing by the Nurse's Station with a large automatic pistol in her hands and was waving it all around the room, trying to keep everyone in sight. Angel was in the unit with Giles, a doctor and a nurse.

Buffy's eyes widened as she took in the tube running from Angel's arm and into Giles.

"Oh my God! Cordy?"

"Buffy!" Cordy grinned a nervous grin and motioned for the Slayer to move a little closer with the gun. "Come join the fun. That's close enough, I know how fast you are!"

"Cordy, you know I've never actually said this before to you: what the f... hell are you doing?" Buffy demanded.

"Well, if we remove the breathing tube and try to feed Giles Angels' blood that way, Giles will die before he can get enough of the blood to survive. This is the only way to get the good blood into his veins so he'll live."

"Do you know how insane that sounds?" Buffy demanded, spotting the two Watchers kneeling with their faces pressed against the wall.

"Yes, but this is Sunnydale so I think I can get away with that for a while," Cordy smirked.

"You're turning Giles? Why? He'd rather die!" Buffy protested, looking for any opening but Cordelia was keeping a good distance between her and actually did look fairly manic.

"It was his wish, Buffy," Cordy shrugged. "We talked about it when he and Willow visited a few days ago."

"Willow had him under a spell!" Buffy protested, watching the Watchers shifting uncomfortably on their knees. Cordy's pistol instantly was covering them.

"No, no spells, just love," Cordy countered. "Hurry up, lover!" she shouted back at Angel.

"Almost there, honey," Angel called back, enjoying the confused look on Buffy's face. "Sorry, Buff, we promised Giles."

"Okay, you two survived the blast or weren't there when it blew up, but why are you helping Willow and Faith destroy everything I love?" Buffy demanded.

"We really don't have time to go into this," Cordy complained.

"I agree," Angel nodded and removed the IV needle from his arm and checked Giles over. "I hope that's enough."

Buffy whimpered as he ripped the monitor wires away from Giles' body and turned to the doctor in full game face.

"Remove the tubes and the breathing thing, now!" he ordered. Both nurse and doctor hurried to obey him.

"If we remove the respirator, he'll die," the doctor protested, hesitating at the tube.

"Just do it," Angel demanded.

Buffy wrapped her arms around herself as she watched Giles stop breathing and his heart flat-line into nothing.

Angel nodded grimly and pulled the Watcher's body over his shoulders.

"Come on, lover," he said as got next to Cordelia.

"Buffy, I really don't want to damage our friendship but I need you to join your Watcher friends over there against the wall. Kneel down, face against the wall, cross your feet behind you and interlace your fingers behind your back," Cordy ordered.

Buffy blinked and then moved slowly to obey.

"Here's a warning, Willow was trying to help but now we're leaving," Angel said softly. "You and your Watcher friends stay away and go about your lives. Any of you come near us and we'll consider it open warfare. Fair warning, lover."

"Angel..." Buffy started to protest but Angel snarled.

"No! No talking! Willow is one us, Cordy soon will be and Giles will wake up soon," Angel snapped.

"You've lost your soul again?" Buffy whispered, tears flowing from her eyes.

"Think what you want, there's always something there to remind me," Angel said harshly. "Leave us alone, Slayer."

Buffy couldn't see who was driving the car waiting for the body snatchers when she chased after them out of the hospital but she had a pretty good idea it was Willow.

The blonde Slayer walked back inside the hospital in shock just as the two Watchers caught up with her.

"Damnit! What the bloody hell does this mean?" the first one demanded from the other. "Now we have to deal with Willow, Faith and Angeleus?"

"Looks like it," the other one nodded grimly.

"Listen, Buffy, this is getting way out of hand. We have a safe house left over from before you coming to Sunnydale," the first Watcher said slowly. Buffy noticed he looked to the other Watcher for approval before continuing and that Watcher nodded. "It's kind of a scientific lab and house when we were trying to find some cures for lycanthropy and vampirism. Let us take you there and you take some time to relax. We'll transport you and Dawn to England in a week and you can rebuild your life with us. You can train future Slayers and we'll give Dawn the best education in the world."

"Let me sleep on this, I'm kinda out of it right now," Buffy said slowly. "I need to sleep. We'll make plans in the morning."

"Alright," the first watcher smiled. "You won't regret coming back to the Council, Buffy. We'll treat you differently, just as you deserve this time."

* * *

Willow whimpered as they lowered Giles onto the bed and Angel secured the shackles around the Watcher's wrists to an iron ring in the stone wall.

"Is he going to be okay?" she pleaded softly.

"I don't know," Angel said honestly as Faith and Cordy looked on. "I hope it's enough to turn him, we didn't have a lot of time. I'm just surprised that Buffy didn't rush us and let him die."

"Could she realize something's going on?"

"I don't know, B is like kinda clueless at times," Faith smirked.

"I'd talk," Willow snapped, her green eyes flashing. "At least she never teamed up with the bad guys."

"Hey lapse in judgement," Faith protested.

"Lapse in sanity," Willow muttered.

"Enough!" Angel snapped. "Come on, let's leave them alone. He should wake up in an hour or so if he's going to. The ice chest is by the door with several bags of blood. Got everything you need for your spell?"

"Yes," Willow nodded, never taking her eyes off the too-still body of her lover.

"We'll be waiting," Angel whispered, kissing the top of her head. "Remember, things get a little rough when they first wake up."

"I've never seen it," Willow admitted.

"Cordy, you and Faith go on downstairs, I need to talk to Willow for a sec," Angel suggested.

"Don't take too long, lover," Cordy smiled. "Spike is back and he fights with Faith as much as Willow does."

"Makes me think I'm not welcome here," Faith smirked.

"Get a life," Willow grumbled.

"At least I'm alive!" Faith countered and laughed as Willow blushed, unable to come back to that one.

"Out!" Angel shouted and shut the door behind the Slayer.

"What's the 411 on this, Angel?" Willow asked, attempting to joke a little.

"He's going to be in a blood frenzy," Angel explained. "Just throw the blood at him and let him drink a few of the bags before you even approach him. Do your spell and then bond with him. He'll still be a little out of it. If you share your blood with him, he'll want sex and it'll be like nothing you've ever experienced in your live or undead life."

Willow's eyes widened. "Okay," she whispered.

"You're not his sire and so you need to bond with him, drink some of his blood, he drinks some of yours, fantastic sex, more blood," Angel grinned. "You get the idea."

"Yeah," Willow nodded, blushing almost as red as her hair.

"I'm going downstairs to keep the natives in line. I'm hoping Buffy has figured out things aren't what they seem to be on the surface and maybe we can reach her," Angel said, hugging the red haired vampire quickly. "I'm going to try and talk to her a little later."

Willow sat down to wait impatiently.

* * *

Faith and Spike stood outside the mansion smoking together and escaping Cordy and Tracy's small talk and Gunn's silence.

Suddenly, Spike's head snapped up and Faith drew her stake out. She yelped and they both looked down at a tranquilizer dart embedded in her leg.

"Oh f...," she muttered as Spike caught her. He glanced up as Buffy and Xander walked up, crossbow and pistol in hand. Xander had a tranquilizer rifle in his hands and a cross in his belt.

"Move and I won't hesitate to stake you, Spike," Buffy warned.

"What do you want, Slayer?" Spike growled.

"You're obviously playing both sides again and I want answers!" Buffy snapped.

"You'll get more answers inside," Angel's voice suggested from the doorway and bent down to help Spike lift a semi-conscious Faith between them.

"Where's Giles?" Buffy demanded. "You are not going to turn him into a demon!"

"No, I am actually," Angel growled. "Then Willow's going to bring his soul back, just like hers and mine."

"You're not Angeleus, are you?" Buffy nodded. "I didn't think so. I got your song lyric message to show up in all the old familiar places. Willow's okay?"

"Come inside," Angel suggested.

Buffy and Xander's eyes widened when they took in the sight of the entire Los Angeles gang in the large living room space.

"None of you died?" Buffy asked softly.

"Actually, we threatened a local Watcher into telling you the hotel blew up," Wesley explained.

"Watcher," Xander muttered as Tara rushed forward to hug him affectionately. "Always comes back to Watchers, doesn't it?"

"Yup, they're behind this whole mess," Gunn nodded.

"Glad to see your death is a little exaggerated too," Tara grinned at the young man. "Does Anya know?"

"Yeah, she was there when I killed the guy trying to take my head off," he nodded.

"He was a Watcher too," Buffy added.

"Back to Watchers," Angel muttered.

"Alright, time for everyone to catch up," Wesley suggested.

"Can I see Willow?" Buffy asked softly and noticed Angel shift on his feet and Spike smirking as he placed an unconscious Faith in a chair.

"She's with Giles," Angel tried to explain. "He's going to be waking up soon and she wants to do the soul spell as quick as possible for him."

"Then they'll shag like rabid bunnies!" Spike added. "I wouldn't go near the door, pet. They'd throw you in the middle and you'd probably be shagged to death between the two of them in a blood and sex frenzy."

"You're disgusting, Spike," Buffy snarled.

"And you tasted it enough, Slayer," he taunted.

"Stop it, both of you!" Cordy shouted. "That is so not productive!"

"She's right, I've got very little time before they check on me," Buffy said. "Xander and I snuck out, they don't know he's alive."

"Smart move," Wesley nodded appreciatively.

Within moments they were exchanging stories, information and theories.

"So we still don't know why they want Buffy," Cordy complained.

"Except that it has to do with a lab and Buffy disappearing," Wesley said thoughtfully.

"Disappearing?" Buffy questioned.

"Well, they're eliminating anyone who might question your disappearance," Wesley pointed out. "Even if they don't get their hands on Dawn and Anya and you disappear then Dawn and Anya will assume Willow or Faith killed you."

"You wouldn't believe what they put Willow through, Buffy," Tara added. "They kept her starved and weak so they could break and train her."

Buffy growled.

"Okay, Willow and Faith aren't the bad guys," she nodded. "I'm glad. I'm also glad that Dawnie is safe with Anya and Jesse somewhere roaming the state."

"Me too," Xander nodded. "Guess I shouldn't have shot Faith with the dart."

"Safety measure," Buffy said, dismissing it. "She'll understand when she wakes up."

Buffy grinned at the disbelieving looks greeting her.

"Okay, maybe she won't understand," the Slayer smirked. "She can take it up with me."

"I agree," Angel smirked. "Why don't we put her in a room and you can explain it when she wakes up, which should be soon?"

"Yeah, then I have to get back to my house," Buffy nodded.

"What is the plan for tomorrow?" Cordy demanded.

"I'll grab a panel van from work and we follow wherever they take Buffy," Xander explained. "The vamps can ride in the back out of the sun. I'll put up a blanket behind the seat to block out the sun."

"Good idea," Angel nodded. "Gunn and Tara will follow in one of the cars in case we lose them or we're spotted."

"I'll take the bitch upstairs for you, Slayer," Spike offered.

"You'll drop her," Buffy growled and picked Faith up over her shoulders easily and headed for the stairs. "Which room, Angel?"

"Fourth on the right," Angel responded, watching the Slayers heading up the stairs.

* * *

Willow looked on as a vampire once named Giles sank his fangs into the third bag of blood and drained it quickly. When he turned to her, it looked like he was finally paying attention to his surroundings and her.

"Let me go!" he demanded.

"Shut up, Giles," she muttered and turned her back to him as she began casting her spell. She no longer needed a lot of the trappings of incense, altar cloths and such but they made her feel comfortable and more human so she lit the incense and began chanting.

"What are you doing?" the vampire demanded. "Willow, let me go!"

"Well, at least I got an intelligent demon," Willow muttered, looking at the orb in front of her. "Shut up while I do this."

"Don't do this! I don't need a soul!" he shouted.

Willow ignored him and began chanting again.

* * *

Buffy waited patiently as Faith began to moan slightly and stir. A few minutes later the Slayer opened her eyes reluctantly and tried to sit up on the bed. She fell back onto the pillow with a groan.

"Sorry about the tranq, I didn't want to beat the answers out of you," Buffy said calmly as Faith finally was able to sit up and glare at her.

"Goddamn it, B," Faith growled. "That was totally unfair!"

"Something you might have done, huh?" Buffy grinned.

"Well," Faith hesitated and then nodded. "Yeah, actually."

"Angel explained things, including you," Buffy commented.

"Yeah, what about me?" Faith demanded.

"That the Watchers got you out of prison and set you up, like they did Willow," Buffy explained.

"Yeah, bastards," Faith muttered and lay back down, holding her head. "What the hell did you use on me, elephant dosage?"

"Something like that," Buffy grinned and stood up slowly. Faith opened her eyes and watched Buffy approaching the bed with a wary look. "Angel says your progress in prison was going well and that you're reformed."

Faith looked away with a frown.

"I don't know about reformed," she muttered. "I think I paid though."

She turned back to look at Buffy.

"I can't say I'm sorry enough and you probably won't believe it but I am," Faith said slowly. "I messed up bad. I have no excuses other than that's how I grew up. Screwed up, mixed up and used. I learned to use people before they used me. I was looking out for me and no one else. No excuse, just me."

"And now?" Buffy asked softly.

"I don't know," Faith admitted. "I realized way too late what I had lost when I turned against you and the others. I was so jealous of you being The Slayer and Angel moping around. I wanted power, money and everything I didn't have growing up."

Faith sat up frowning in thought.

"I missed you and I even missed the gang," Faith admitted. "I want what you guys had, that feeling of family and team."

"You could have had that," Buffy said bitterly. "My mom invited you into our family."

"I know," Faith said, her eyes filling with tears. "I messed up, B. That's the simple end of it. I messed up and I know you can never forgive me but I'm sorry."

"Faith," Buffy said softly and reached out slowly to touch Faith's cheek, wiping away a tear. "What we could have had...."

"You were with Angel, sort of," Faith protested.

"You knew that couldn't work and had ended," Buffy countered.

"What we had was occasional sex, Buffy," Faith snapped, her eyes angry. "You were using me because you couldn't have sex with your vampire boyfriend."

Buffy winced as if Faith had slapped her and then nodded.

"Yes, it was just sex, at first," Buffy agreed. "You have to take some of that responsibility too, Faith. You pursued me hot and heavy and nearly ripped my clothes off that first night."

"Yeah, I wanted you so badly I was willing to accept it on any level," Faith admitted with a typical shrug of her shoulders.

"It changed into something else and then you went whacko on me!" Buffy complained.

"Yeah, and you ran hot and cold so many times that it drove me a little crazy," Faith countered.

"I'll admit to that," Buffy nodded. "I was confused. You have to admit, switching bodies and screwing my boyfriend wasn't exactly endearing to my heart when you came back."

"Yeah, I wanted what you had, a somewhat normal life for a Slayer," Faith countered. "Heard you married Captain America."

"Yes, after he came back from South America," Buffy nodded. "We had a good life until a few days ago."

"Did you love him?" Faith asked in a whisper.

"What do you want me to say, Faith?" Buffy suddenly complained. "Do I admit that I didn't love him as much as I loved you or Angel? Do I tell you we had a wonderful marriage but I still think of you when I... I, uh, please myself?"

"If it's the truth," Faith suggested.

"When the hell would you know the truth?" Buffy growled.

"When you tell it to me, I know it," Faith said softly, suddenly looking vulnerable.

Buffy paced across the floor, looking angry.

"My husband hasn't even been buried yet!" she complained.

"And you're thinking of me sexually," Faith guessed.

"Don't put words in my mouth!" Buffy snapped.

"I'd rather put my tongue there," Faith smirked and watched as a flush spread over Buffy's face and body and her breathing quickened.

"No sex games, Faith, I'm not a kid anymore," Buffy growled.

"Neither am I," Faith said firmly. "We're both adults and have been through a lot. I went to prison, you died for the world and came back, you got married, I got attacked and now we're both trying to figure out if there's anything between us in ten minutes."

"Can we slow this down?" Buffy asked, almost pleading.

"I don't know what the plan is but do we have time to slow down?" Faith asked honestly. "You want risk, okay, here it is. I've never stopped thinking about you and kicking myself black and blue for blowing it between us. Do I want you? Oh God, yes! I've also been in prison for awhile now and sex sounds pretty good with most anything including Gunn last night."

"Gunn? Already screwing around?" Buffy demanded.

"Give me a break, B!" Faith smirked. "You were after my head last night, I've been away a long time and I never let anyone get that close to me in prison, I wouldn't give in to any of them. I grabbed the first good looking male in sight. Sue me."

Buffy shook her head, smiling in spite of herself.

"Some things don't change," she smirked.

"They would if it was you," Faith said softly.

"It's not just sex," Buffy frowned.

"No, it wouldn't be just sex with you, B," Faith agreed. "I'd want a future with you."

"Future?" Buffy repeated as she sat down on the edge of the bed. "I don't have a future. Riley's gone, Dawn's in hiding, Willow's a vampire, Giles is probably one by now..."

"That's what the Watchers want you to think, that you have no future," Faith snarled and moved closer to the blonde Slayer. "You make your own future, Buffy Summers, that's always been your gift."

Buffy and Faith sat quietly for a few moments.

Faith squeaked in surprise when Buffy turned suddenly and tackled Faith to the bed, kissing her roughly, almost desperately. Faith fought back for a moment as Buffy grabbed her wrists and held Faith's arms over her head. The brunette Slayer struggled to toss Buffy off but then relaxed and melted into the kiss as Buffy's tongue claimed her mouth.

She sensed that Buffy needed the control right then and fought against their usual play for dominance. Faith had been fighting back all her life and she felt an incredible feeling sweeping over her as she gave up that control and surrendered to someone for the first time in her life.

Buffy whimpered with need and kissed Faith from lips to shoulders and back again, releasing the other woman's wrists after a moment. The brunette Slayer kept her hands only lightly touching the other Slayer as Buffy came back to her lips.

Finally, Buffy surprised her again by rolling over and pulling Faith on top of her. Faith looked down into Buffy's blue eyes and saw the same surrender and felt her heart opening up for the first time in years.

She returned the kiss with several of her own as Buffy whimpered and moaned.

Faith had no idea how long they kissed and embraced except that she was tired and nearly dozing in Buffy's arms and the other Slayer seemed relaxed and peaceful.

"I gotta get back before they miss me," Buffy mumbled.

"You had better come out of this one, Buffy Summers," Faith warned as she rolled off the other Slayer. "I want more of those."

"So do I!" Buffy said softly, leaning over to kiss Faith's nose with a smile and then she frowned. "I feel like I'm betraying Riley."

"Kinda weird, you blamed him for cheating on you with me when I was you," Faith said softly. "I won't tell you all the tripe stuff that he'd want you to move on and be happy and all that stuff. You have to live with yourself, B. I just want to be part of it."

Buffy sat up and buttoned her blouse again. "When did that get unbuttoned?" she muttered.

"About the same time my shirt disappeared," Faith laughed, pointing at her shirt at the foot of the bed. Buffy's eyes roamed over the gorgeous Slayer's breasts surrounded by a simple white bra.

"I'm coming back for you," Buffy declared. "I'm tired of trying to figure out what's right and wrong with love. I'm just taking it."

"Good, as long as you take me with it," Faith teased.

Buffy leaned over and kissed Faith again and long. "Lots of taking with that," Buffy promised and Faith moaned.

A scream nearby startled both of them into sitting up and reaching for stakes until Buffy smiled.

"What the hell was that?" Faith demanded.

"That was Willow," Buffy grinned. "She screamed like that a couple of times when she was with Tara and they lived with me. Usually when they didn't know I was home."

"You lived with two beautiful women and never got in the middle of it?" Faith demanded.

"No, it was different when I came back," Buffy tried to explain. "I didn't want to come between them."

"You're going into the lion's den, aren't you?" Faith asked as she put her shirt back on.

"Yes," Buffy nodded.

"Expect a rescue and a long honeymoon," Faith promised as Buffy leaned down to kiss her again. "We've got a lot to talk about, yell about, forgive each other, and maybe even fight about."

"Yes, it won't be easy," Buffy agreed. "This is happening too fast but I don't want to slow it down either."

"At least I'm not a vampire!" Faith teased, watching Buffy blush. "Spike was bragging."

"I'll get you for that and him!" Buffy promised.

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Frau Hunter Ash.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.