Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
845
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
1,132

Edge of Heaven

Summary:

This is my first fic. Suggestions welcome. Thanks Aria.
First I don’t own them but a girl can dream can’t she? Jim, Blair and Gabe belong to Pet Fly and Paramount. The song Edge of Heaven was written by Ace of Base.
You can consider this as an in between story it occurs between Sentinel Too part 1 and Sentinel Too part 2.
Spoiler alert. Although I’m sure I haven’t really spoiled anything.
Short-term character death, Be warned.
Terra Sophia Helios is mine all mine. Please don’t borrow her without permission. You will be seeing more of her.
I saw Sentinel Too at 3:00 in the morning. Please excuse me if certain parts of this never happened or are incorrect.
This is my first piece compliments and healthy criticism are welcome. No flaming.
Submitted through the sentinel_fic mailing list.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Edge of Heaven
By Kathrine Star Cairo

Fire! I can see it burning so brightly
Fire! I can feel it calling out to me

Blair saw the gun flash and felt a hot searing pain reaching out to claim him. Shortly afterwards he felt himself being lifted and dragged somewhere. The pain was excruciating and he would have traded his soul to be rid of it. He suddenly felt water infiltrating his lungs. Water? Hadn't he been in his office?

And as the sun goes down
It starts to paint a picture
of an ancient town
So far away, across the endless sea

Blair felt the life slowly leave his body. He saw all the places he'd been and all the things he'd done. He remembered plans he had for the future like the trip he was gonna take with Terra next week. She was gonna kill him. The dig was so important to her.

"Howbeit when he, the spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak; and he will show you things to come."

"Gabe?"

"I am here."

"Where am I? Why is it so cold? Why are you here?"

"You are at a crossroad. The warmth has fled your body as soon will your soul. I have been sent here to lead you home."

Lead me to the light
And take me to the edge of heaven
I'm standing in the night
Looking for the edge of heaven
We'll be touching the edge of heaven

"I'm dying aren't I?"

"Yes."

"But that means that you're really an angel?"

"I am what you believe me to be."

"Gabe do I have to die?"

"No, but is this not what you want?"

Blair thought for a moment he didn't want to die did he? He had a lot going for him. He had almost finished his thesis. He had Jim and a home. Then Blair remembered he didn't have a home or Jim. He had betrayed Jim and he had been kicked out of the loft. "Your right Gabe I have no desire to live."

Time
Close your eyes see dream of tomorrow
Time
The wheels are turning till eternity

"Gabe if I would have chosen to live would Jim have ever forgiven me?" Blair asked hopefully.

"In time all things change."

"Oh" Blair said disappointed. "Gabe? Will I ever see Jim again?"

"Darkness threatens to consume him. Your paths will only cross again if he can withstand it on his own."

"Jim's strong he'll be okay."

"He has no hope without the light of his soul to guide him."

And as the darkness comes
I start to see a picture
of a lonely man
So clearly now reaching out for me

"Gabe? All of the sudden it's so dark."

"It is always dark in the beginning."

Suddenly, Blair heard off in the distance

"Chief? Don't die. Don't you leave me! You hear me! Chief I can't handle these senses on my own."

"He's calling for you."

"I know."

"Do you still wish to die?"

"Yes. Why would he want me back?"

"Why wouldn't he? You are the sun which shines upon his soul."

"At one time maybe before I betrayed him but not now."

"What has grown dim can become bright again."

"No there are some voids that not even the brightest light can penetrate."

Lead me to the light...

"That light up ahead, it's beautiful! Is that where were headed?"

"Yes, heaven is a beautiful place."

"I don't think I deserve to go to heaven after what I did to Jim."

"Doesn't all that you have done to help him outweigh the mistakes you made?"

"I hurt Jim, nothing can ever change that."

"Does hurting him again make it any better?"

"He'll forget me. Why would he want to remember?"

"How can one forget his own heart?"

"Look, it's not like I'm leaving him alone. He has Simon and the guys in the bullpen."

"He had them before but still he felt lonely."

"Yeah but it's different now they know the real James Ellison."

And sail the endless sea
so lead me to the light
and take me to the edge of heaven

"Gabe? Someone will take my place as Jim's guide won't they."

"Yes. But how do they guide someone they don't understand."

"Simon's known Jim even before me. Surely he can help Jim."

"Simon has not yet completely accepted his role. He can not guide what he does not wish to understand."

The edge of heaven is near
We'll sail the endless sea

"We are here there are the gates. Once we pass trough them there is no turning back."

"I don't wish to turn back." Blair started to walk towards the gates but as he neared them, he turned to look back. "Gabe? I can't die. Jim needs me and I'm gonna be there if he wants me there or not."

 

And as Blair turned to go back Gabe smiled.

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Kathrine Star Cairo.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.