Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-05-10
Words:
20,759
Chapters:
9/9
Kudos:
22
Hits:
3,638

First Kiss

Summary:

Warnings: Bad Language and an incident later involving Josiah when a young man aged 18 with a drunk male.
Disclaimer: Not mine never will be not making any profit – just playing with the guys for a little bit of fun.
Notes: I first wrote this in 2002 under my old penname of Scotty Scott

Chapter 1: First Kiss Part One

Chapter Text

All Seven sat round the table in the saloon, bored, not much had been happening in or around Four Corners lately and they were all at a loss of what to do next.

"Would any of you Gentlemen be......" Started to ask Ezra but was quickly shouted down by the other six men before he could finish.

"No!" they all yelled in unison, they all were broke well, all except Ezra the Gambler and even he was getting bored with winning at the cards lately.

"Anyone want to go fission'" suggests JD after a silence had fallen over their group.

"We did that yesterday Kid!" Drawls a bored Buck looking sadly across at his friend.

"How about helping me rub down the church walls...." Even Josiah's work sounded really boring although they all knew it was a job that would have to be done at some time. But not one of them felt like that chore right now!

"How's about going for a swim...." JD was getting fed up with his suggestions falling on deaf ears and banged his head on the table and groaned as none of them took any notice of his gesture. "Come on....." he groaned in a muffled voice, "Someone must have an idea what to do?"

Silence was only interrupted by the sounds of glasses being refilled with some more beer by Ezra. Even Innez had gone home for a visit things were so slow around town and the saloon hadn't been doing much business lately to keep her mind occupied.

Buck squirmed in his seat and looked at his friends faces in turn, all seemed as fed up as him but this silence was driving him crazy and their was nothing in town to take his mind off anything, no new women and he had burnt his boats with the blonde across the way at the hotel as he had come on too strong too soon that's how desperate he had been talk about putting both feet in his mouth.

He had only wanted a teensy weensy kiss..... but had got a slap across his face for his cheek at thinking such a thought . Huh, he pondered, she wasn't that good looking after all anyway, he just couldn't find anyone else to chase at the time and look where it had gotten him? No where that's where

Wasn't his fault that Nancie his latest little exploit had just been wandering' past at that moment in time and witnessed his attentions to the other lady, so he ended up getting a slap on the other cheek from Nancie and she had to add in that disgusted icy tone for all to hear.

"Just to even things up" Slap! "Now you have matching cheeks for your damn cheek Mr. Bucklin Willmington!"

He was left stunned while both ladies nodded and grinned at each other and walked off arm in arm to go and have tea!

That's why he was sitting here bored, bored and even more bored. All because he wanted a Teensy kiss! A sudden idea flashed into his mind then and he started to grin and sat up a little straighter in his chair.

"Hay Guy's I may have an idea of how to relieve our boredom!" Buck grinned broadly showing his white teeth and with his eyebrows twitching with devilment they all knew by that look, what ever it was this could mean trouble for some of them, if not all.

Chris stared at his friend knowing him for the longest in the group of men and knew what ever it was, that Buck was up to something!

"Okay Bucklin out with it, what is this hair brained idea then?"

"Awe, Chris....." Buck put on his miffed look and pretended to be disappointed at Chris's words, "Not hair brained at all, ..."

"Naw it's probably Bird brained!" chuckled JD loudly and got his hat knocked off his head by Buck for his cheek!

"Kid, you never came up with anything like this!" Grinned Buck still amused.

They knew they had better listen to what Buck had to offer, well, beggars can't be chooser's!

They heard Bucks suggestion and all groaned out loud.

"Hay, come on no one has yet come up with anything nearly as good yet, so come on, it may be fun?" Buck tried to encourage his friends to go along with his idea.

Chris pondered for a second or two and then gazed across to Buck and saw a glint in his friends eyes. Maybe this could be fun after all thought Larabee as it may reveal something so far unknown about some of his fellow lawmen.

"Okay Buck," consented Chris, "I will give it a go, how about the rest of you boys?"

Five men looked at their leader and all agreed except one.

"You've not given me an answer yet Kid?" prompts Chris staring at JD who is looking uncomfortable and squirms with embarrassment of how to respond.

"Not sure what Bucks looking for?"

"Kid!" Buck rolls his eyes and lays a hand across the lads shoulders, "The question was simple wasn't it?"

"Yeah but..."

"But what?"

"How much detail do you want?" he reddens as he knows all eyes are on him.

"JD you don't need to give names if that's what your meaning, don't need time and place exactly!"

JD is relieved and Buck ruffles his hair affectionately as they all settle down to follow through with Bucks idea.

"I have one thing to add," announces Chris to them all as he goes up and locks the Saloon doors and gets in more beer sure they will be needing them.

"And that is Mr. Larabee?" asks Ezra curiously.

"That Buck goes first and then it follows round the table coming to JD last "
JD cannot help but raise his eyes to his leader and grin as he suddenly catches Chris's attention and gets a conspiratorial wink from him which makes JD feel much better.

"and what we hear is for our ears only, - understand?" He lets his famous Larabee stare land on each of them in turn and only leaving once he receives their nod of agreement, once he has this assurance he sits down

"Okay, looks as though I'm to get this started so here goes...." Buck took a long drink of his beer before starting to speak.

"My first real kiss ........."