Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,369
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
15
Bookmarks:
4
Hits:
1,745

Blue Eyes

Summary:

"At least let me see your eyes before I go"

Disclaimers and Beta list can be found on my author's info page.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

~*~

Horatio stood on the precinct's steps watching as the police escorted the suspect to the car. Hands on his hips his gaze roamed over the area, resting on the victim, a fashion model, tall blonde with a beautiful complexion was standing off to the side watching the police drive off, her stalker in the back of the squad car. Eric and Calleigh stood behind him, waiting for him, so they could wrap the case and move on.

Horatio watched as the model walked up to him, a sultry smile on her face. She flipped her hair back, causing the sun to enhance the golden curls. Horatio ignored Calleigh's snort from behind him. He rose up to full height, hands dropping from his hips waiting for her to speak.

"I wanted to thank you, Lieutenant Caine," She placed her perfectly manicured hand on his arm. "You believed me, and saved me from my stalker."

"Just doing my job, Miss Thorn," Horatio smiled a polite smile. "He won't be bothering you any more, so you can get back to living your life."

"Is there anyway I can thank you personally?" She purred stepping closer to him.

"Your safety is enough thanks for me," Horatio ignored Eric's polite cough.

She stepped up to him, her hand moving up his arm, "At least let me see your eyes before I go." She slipped off his sunglasses. Horatio blinked at the sudden bright light. She smiled at the bright blue eyes. "I knew it, blue as Miami's ocean." She slipped the sunglasses back on, turned and walked down the steps to the waiting town car. She turned, flipping her hair back over her shoulder, waved and smiled up at the three CSI's.

"What is it going to cost me?" Horatio turned to look at his two CSI's, both who were grinning uncontrollably.

"Less paperwork," Eric's tone was light and full of mischief.

"This weekend off," Calleigh flipped her hair back behind her shoulder.

"Fine," Horatio shook his head. "Have a nice weekend Calleigh, and I'll do the paperwork for the case. Now go, before I change my mind."

"At least let me see your eyes before I go," Calleigh battered her eyelash while she purposely deepened her southern accent. She couldn't keep it up and busted up laughing, Eric followed suit.

Horatio shook his head and walked into the building, "Not a word."

"We swear," Eric managed to get out before he sat down on the steps laughing too hard to stand. Calleigh joined him, leaning against him for support. Horatio rolled his eyes and headed for his office.

~*~

Horatio sighed as he walked into the house. He opened the drawer of the small table in the hallway and placed his gun and badge inside. Slipping off his shoes he left them under the table. He walked down the hallway towards the bedroom slipping off his cufflinks and watch, setting them on the dresser. He hung up his suit coat and tie, and tossed the pants into the basket for the dry cleaners. He dumped his socks into the hamper and pulled on a soft comfortable pair of blue jeans, then padded softly back down the hall into the kitchen.

The aroma of what was cooking in the kitchen had his stomach grumbling in the hallway. He smiled when a hand held out a beer for him as he passed the breakfast bar. He grabbed the beer and took a sip, setting it on the counter he walked into the kitchen and pulled the cook into his arms.

"Long day?" Speed turned in his arms with a smile.

"Stalker case," Horatio kissed him then let him go. He grabbed his beer and leaned up against the counter. "What's for dinner?"

"Something simple, Caesar salad and shrimp fettuccine," Speed grinned at him.

"I love your idea of simple," Horatio smiled at him. "How was court?"

"Nothing exciting," Speed shrugged. "Presented the evidence, shot holes through the defenses' case," Speed had a smug look on his face. "We got out early, so I went grocery shopping and came home to start dinner."

"Did you stop by the lab?" Horatio asked, curious.

"No," Speed glanced over his shoulder. "Did something happen?"

Horatio set his beer down and crossed his arms in front of his chest, "No just a weird day."

Speed let the sauce simmer, then turned and looked at Horatio, "It's a beautiful night, why don't we have dinner on the patio?"

"Sounds good," Horatio leaned over and gave Speed a small kiss. "I'll set the table."

~*~

Horatio leaned back in the patio chair, stomach full watching the shadows play in the backyard. "Dinner was great as usual."

"I think the only reason you keep me around is for the food," Speed leaned back in his own chair. "That and the sex."

"Oh definitely the food," Horatio grinned over at his lover. "Why do you think I never invite our co-workers over for dinner? I don't want them even getting a glimpse of the chef I've got stashed away."

"And here I thought it was because you were embarrassed I leave the wet towels on the bathroom floor," Speed bantered back.

"There's that too," Horatio at his watch. "We should clean up, maybe a movie?"

Speed slipped out of his chair and into Horatio's straddling his lap. His brown eyes full of mischief and a dash of lust, "At least let me see your eyes before you go."

"OH GOD!" Horatio's head dropped onto the back of the chair. "Okay who told?"

Speed laughed as he slipped off the glasses, looking into Horatio's deep blue eyes. "I was there; I had just walked up when I saw the blonde bimbo prancing around you. Though she's wrong, they aren't blue as Miami's ocean," Speed rolled his eyes. "They're more like the pure mountain lake during the spring time." Speed leaned forward kissing Horatio softly.

"Did I thank you for dinner?" Horatio's hand slipped up under Speed's shirt.

"Not personally," Speed grinned claiming Horatio's lips, his tongue slipping inside pulling a moan from the redhead.

Horatio pulled back panting, "Inside."

"No movie?" Speed stood up then pulled Horatio up with him. His hands rubbing up and down Horatio's back to end up cupping his jean clad ass.

"Not tonight," Horatio pushed the man inside and down the hall eaving the dinner dishes outside to be picked up in the morning.

~*~

Horatio pulled off his glasses and glared at the two CSI's "Explain to me how Speed found out about Miss Thorn?"

"What?" Eric looked shock. Horatio cooled his features this was too much fun. "I didn't tell him."

Horatio turned towards Calleigh, "Don't look at me."

"Well he found out," Horatio placed his hand on his hips. "And you were the only two people in sight that was there."

"Hey man," Eric shook his head. "We wouldn't do that to you."

"Wait, aren't you the one that let it slip to Speed about his Christmas surprise?" Horatio eyes narrowed at Eric.

"Yeah," Eric admitted. "I know I denied it, but I didn't do it this time."

"And you," Horatio looked at Calleigh. "Weren't you the one who put that picture of us up in the break room?"

"But I didn't tell him what happened Friday afternoon," Calleigh stood there hands on her hips.

"Damn it!" Speed growled as he walked up and hand Horatio a twenty dollar bill. "I really didn't think they would confess to the other crimes."

"Don't bet against the master," Horatio grinned at the two CSI's.

"Wait," Eric glared at the two men. "How did you know about Miss Thorn?"

"Stopped by to drop off some paperwork, and over heard the conversation." Speed grinned at them. "Speaking of, H, I got the results of the sticky stuff found on the victim…" The two walked off discussing the newest case.

"You know ever since they got together," Eric turned to Calleigh. "We've been manipulated, out maneuvered, and played. I miss the cynical asshole that was my friend. This one scares me sometimes, he smiles and laughs."

Calleigh smiled as she watched the two men, "They're happy."

Eric looked over at his friends, "Yeah they are."

 

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Bj Jones.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.