Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 2 of Once Again
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
341
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,089

Once Again 2: Kemp's POV

Summary:

Something unusual happens to Methos and it changes Methos' and Duncan's relationship.

Work Text:

Once Again 2: Kemp's POV
by Nelle
I, Jason Kemp lurked in the shadows as always. I was watching the fight of Adam Pierson and Jules St. Vincent. Pity, it looked like Pierson was losing. I had known Pierson when Pierson had been a Watcher. It had come as a great shock that Pierson was immortal, no one in the Watchers gave him more than ten years to live and it unfortunately looked like that guess had been correct. I saw the white mist rise up from Pierson's body, and the mist hovered in the air for an unusually long time. Right after Pierson lost his head, I saw Duncan MacLeod run down the alleyway and crouch by Pierson's body and put the head where it should have been. I noticed that MacLeod was sobbing and that the white haze of a quickening hadn't traveled to St. Vincent but had instead channeled back into Pierson. MacLeod then unsheathed his katana and charged St. Vincent. St. Vincent hadn't had a chance; he was cut down in a matter of seconds.

When the quickening was over, I saw Pierson rise up and go over to MacLeod. I moved in closer to the pair, curious about what would happen when MacLeod realized that Pierson wasn't dead.

He heard Pierson say "It's me Duncan."

And MacLeod reply "Methos, you were dead."

Methos, Pierson was Methos. I slipped back into the shadows to process MacLeod's statement. I had seen a lot of strange things that night, but somehow I couldn't write in my closing report on St. Vincent that Adam Pierson was Methos. Maybe it was because Pierson had been a good friend to me in his Watcher days, maybe it was because he had risen from what should have been a very permanent death. Whatever the reason was, I left that alleyway with a new purpose, I was going to work on the Methos chronicles and make sure that no one ever found the man.



~~finis~~

Series this work belongs to: