Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
2,341
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
860

Always a Woman

Summary:

Sheba learns something about herself.

Work Text:

Warnings: Nice Sheba ahead! ;)
------------
"Bojay, who do you think I am?" the words slurred as she turned her drunken eyes towards her wingman.

Bojay spluttered the ambrosa he had just taken a drink of as he glanced sideways at his tablemate. "Um, Sheba. Daughter of the Legendary Cain. Damn good pilot. Hell of a leader." He answered, wondering where the frack that question came from.

Sheba nodded shakily. "That's what I thought you'd say." Wasn't there any human anywhere that realized she was a woman? The only... person, if you could use that term, that had realized she was a female was in instrument of Evil. Just fracking lovely. She turned her head to see if she could find anyone in the OC who had shown the slightest inkling that they knew she was a female. Boomer... nope. He was too enamored of Athena to look elsewhere, for all the good it did him. Jolly? Nope. Jolly preferred his companions to be a bit less... forceful. Greenbean? She snorted at the thought. Not a chance. Not even her own wingman. And then there was Apollo. She couldn't really fault him, he'd been too in love with Starbuck to even notice her. At least, she thought he had been. She hadn't really talked to Apollo since that disastrous kiss in the launch bay. She'd waited for Apollo to make his move... and he hadn't, well, not after Starbuck and Cassie had broken it off. Not a sectar had passed after that relationship had ended and Starbuck had moved into Apollo's quarters. She didn't blame either of them, really. It just would have been... nice to be loved for a change, to be free to show the softer side of herself.

Sheba sighed, not noticing the strange looks she was getting from her wingman. She was very depressed, and other than drinking more and more ambrosa, she couldn't seem to forget her need to be loved, as a woman.

"Um, Sheba, you ok?" Bojay's voice was filled with concern.

She started at the question. For Bojay to notice, she must be letting it show. Time to leave, now, before things get worse. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just feeling my age." She rose, and without a goodbye, or even a glance at Bojay's startled face, she lurched from the OC. She needed to find a place where she could just be herself, to be alone, and just be Sheba.

She wandered around the Galactica, and she finally remembered Apollo's Celestial Dome. It'd be private, that's for damn sure. Blearily, she donned some ear protectors, and climbed up the ladder, almost falling off several times. But she made it. She settled in, and pressed the button that opened the Dome. Staring out at the stars, she began to sober up, and started to think about where it all began, how she had gotten herself into this mess.

I suppose it all began with my father. Wanting a son instead of a daughter. Making me act like a boy to please him. Damn him anyway. Damn him to FRACK! He tried to make me in his image, ignoring the fact that I'm NOT him! I'm not even a MALE! And then he has the nerve to be with that Cassie! He took the one woman that is everything I'm not, the one woman who could and DOES make me feel like a fracking eunuch and makes her his companion. I wouldn't have wanted to be a socialator, but for sagan's sake, I'd love to be treated, just once, like she is. I'd love to be held and protected, love to be wanted, love to be seen as a woman the way that men see Cassie. Tears started rolling down the warrior's face as she realized that the only time she had felt that way, she'd been under the influence of Count Iblis. Oh great, the only time I can feel like a woman, I'm under the influence of pure evil! Soon the tears turned into sobs, and the sobs to a keening sound that let loose all the pain and frustration that she had been feeling all her life.

She stayed that way for close to a centar, before finally loosing her frustration at the situation. All that was left behind was pain, and loneliness.

It had been several sectons since her night in the Celestial Dome, and still no solution to her problem. She had started dressing more feminine while off duty, but last time, they had been called to a drill, and she had been put on report, because she had to stop and change into her uniform. So the dresses went back into the closet, and the uniforms became her daily wear, once again.

And she was still alone. Thinking about Cassie had given her the nerve to try a male socialator, but that didn't work out. She'd been well aware that entire time that the only reason he was being nice to her were the cubits that were in a nice pile on the table. She'd just gathered her things and left, not long after she'd arrived.

Sitting alone in her quarters, she'd settled in for the evening with a bottle of ambrosa, the only thing that took the edge off. She'd just taken her first drink when the comm sounded.

"Lieutenant Sheba?" A voice sounded as she answered the comm.

"Yes?" The voice was vaguely familiar.

"It's Cassie. Can you come to my quarters? It's important."

"Um, yeah. I'll be right there." Sheba answered, confused. But what the frack, she didn't have anything better to do. Except get drunk. And that didn't sound very appealing at the moment.

She made her way through the ship that she called home, and very carefully kept her mind blank. She didn't want to think about what this might mean. Cassie had been her father's companion for so long, and knew him in ways Sheba could only imagine. She kept her "warrior face" on, so that she didn't have to waste time with those that she saw in the corridor. They all thought she was on some important mission.

When she got to Cassie's quarter's, she chimed the lock, letting the blond medtech know she was there. Immediately, the door opened. Cassie's face was more beautiful than ever, now that she had the confidence to match her beauty. She was wearing a simple dress of light blue material that was two shades darker than her eyes, shimmering like it was kissed with a thousand butterflies. Sheba's breath was taken away with the sheer beauty of this woman, and her heart writhed with envy that Cassie could wear something like this and no one thought she was being "weird".

"Come in, Sheba." Cassie's voice was calm, but her eyes bore a look of uncertainty that had Sheba wondering what she was doing here.

Cassie motioned her to the longseat, and retrieved the remote from the table. She turned to the lieutenant and began to speak. "Not long after your father... left, " the medtech paused, and closed her eyes a moment before continuing. "I found this tape in my quarters. I don't know how it got here, and frankly, I don't care. It's from your father. I haven't been able to watch it until recently. Then it took me a while to decide whether or not to show you."

Sheba began to interrupt, angry that this woman had held a last communication from her father, and didn't share it with her!

Cassie held up her hand, understanding where the other woman was coming from, but also knowing that Sheba would understand once she'd seen the tape. "Just watch it. With me. Now?" Cassie asked, a hopeful gleam in her eyes that Sheba didn't quite understand but couldn't resist.

Sheba just nodded. Cassie pressed the button on the remote, and suddenly, her father's face was on the screen, and his voice filled the small space.

"Cassie, my dear, I'm making sure you get this, so in case I don't return, you will know. I will always have a special place in my heart for you, but it's time that I let you know that I know a few things. I know that you loved me in spite of me being a man. I know that you have boundless love in you, that is reserved for one who is not male. And I know that you stayed with me, even though your soulmate was near at hand. And I know that you don't know who that is. " Cain's smile was sad, but his voice was strong. He paused, then brightened, as he continued. "Take care of my Sheba, Cassie. I have done her a great disservice. I have raised her like a son, instead of the woman she is. She is the best of me and her mother, refined into one very pretty package. She longs for love, Cassie, but she's looking in all the wrong places. I don't think she's admitted what she wants, yet." His voice choked up. "I won't be able to rest unless I know that you'll watch this. You may not watch this immediately, but you'll watch it. And two of my favorite people will find what they need." Tears rolled down his face as he stared into the recorder. "I think you understand what I mean." He shook his head, one final time. Then he smiled his patented Cain smile, and nodded to the recorder. "Cain, out!" The vid went dark.

Sheba sat there stunned by what she had seen. Her father seemed to imply that Cassie and she... well, that, well, WHAT?

"Do you have any questions?" Cassie asked in her med-tech voice.

Sheba looked over at the blond woman, and noticed that for all the calm in her voice, Cassie's beautiful blue eyes were scared.

"What he said, did he mean that you liked women, too?" Sheba asked hesitantly.

Cassie chuckled. "It's more the otherway. I like women, and sometimes a few men." She sighed. "I'm a lesbian, Sheba."

"But you did love my father?"

"Oh yes! But he was right. I loved him in spite of the fact he was a man." She shook her head ruefully. "And he was right that what I needed, what I wanted was right under my nose."

Sheba raised her eyes at the tone, wondering if what she was hearing was the same thing Cassie was saying.

"Yes, Sheba. What I need, what I want, what I can love is a female Cain." With that simple statement, she leaned over and gave the lieutenant a kiss, wrapping her arms lightly around the warrior, stroking her hair as she held the contact of their lips.

Startled, Sheba almost jumped up. But it felt so right. The softness of the lips on hers, the smoothness of the arms around her, the slender fingers working through her long hair. She opened her mouth to deepen the kiss, and met Cassie's tongue, tasting her first woman. First and last. She knew that no moment, no taste would equal this. She pulled Cassie closer, and held her tightly, finally breaking the kiss so she could breathe.

Catching her breath, she saw Cassie in a whole new way. Not someone to be jealous of, but someone who could be her other half, someone she could hold, someone who would understand her need to be held. She leaned in for another kiss, and this time, Cassie took the lead, moving her hands down Sheba's back, caressing lightly. Sheba's desire grew. She suddenly moved her hands, needing to feel Cassie's skin. She rubbed the other woman's arms up and down, lightly. They broke again, only to stand.

Sheba's desire mounted as she stood and saw the lovely femininty that was being offered to her. Her hand raised, and she slowly cupped a blue-clad breast, rubbing her thumb over the fabric enclosed nipples. Cassie's eyes closed as she felt the warrior take the lead. This is what she had wanted.

Sheba could feel Cassie's surrender to her, and became bolder, running both hands over Cassie's breasts, feeling her nipples harden beneath her touch.

"We need to get rid of these clothes!" Sheba exclaimed, suddenly, needing to feel skin against skin. Cassie just smiled and turned around. With shaking hands, Sheba unzipped her dress, and Cassie stepped out of the blue confection, and turned around. She wasn't wearing any underclothes.

Sheba gasped. A vision before her. Being offered to her.

Cassie stepped forward, and started to disrobe Sheba, first with the jacking, kissing and nuzzling as she went. Piece by piece the uniform was shed, until the warrior was gone, and the woman stood bare, a little self conscious.

Cassie plastered herself to Sheba's body, with a deep kiss, feeling their breasts press against each others. It was heaven for both women. They moved into Cassie's sleep chamber and continued their exploration of each other. They used mouths and hands, tongues and fingers. They explored every nook and cranny of each other's bodies. The new sensations swept Sheba to a place she didn't know existed. Cassie felt as if she had found the other half of herself. Sheba knew she'd never be able to let this woman out of her life.

As they lay together after completion, Sheba finally got the courage to voice another question. "What about Starbuck?"

Cassie laughed. "I was just trying to replace your father, dear. Starbuck is so much like him. But he wasn't what I wanted. I wasn't what he wanted. We were smart enough to see that before we did anything we'd regret."

"Like being Sealed?" She shuddered at the thought that she'd have missed knowing this amazing woman.

"Like being Sealed."

"I'm glad." That didn't even begin to express what Sheba felt. But it would have to do.

"Me too." Cassie answered back, understanding what Sheba was trying to say.

The contented pair drifted off to sleep, with the sure knowledge that they'd never be alone again.