Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
533
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
1,427

Drabble: The Pinnacle

Summary:

Small scene based on ep "The Pinnacle"

Work Text:

Danny silently watched the people from the morgue cut Jack Claymore off the sign. From the signs on Claymore's body, Luca and his boys had worked him over pretty good before finally shooting him. "I'm sorry, Jack," Danny whispered.

It wasn't as if Joey had never seen a dead body before, but Claymore was a fellow cop. Losing one of his brothers was never something he could get used to. He remembered all too vividly the anger and helplessness when Wes Connolly was shot (by Ray Luca). He stood by Danny, just taking comfort from his lover's presence.

Not only had the MCU lost a good man, the case they'd been building against Luca died with Claymore. Mike watched Claymore's body loaded onto the ambulance, his face a mask of fury. He paced in agitation, waving his gun in the air. "Damn it! Why do we have to play by the rules when we're dealing with animals like Luca? There's only one thing that guys like him understand."

"I'm as angry as you, but we have to obey the law," Abrams cut in, stepping in front of Mike to stop Mike's movement. "We have to start over."

That would have to wait until morning. The MCU went back to the hotel and Danny went to his room. He hung his suit coat in the closet and took off his shoes. He sat on the edge of the bed to wait for Joey. He knew that neither of them would want to be alone that night. Ten minutes later, Joey showed up.

Danny let Joey in and shut and locked the door behind him. He turned only to have Joey wrap him in a tight embrace. He rubbed his hands up and down Joey's back. "It'll be okay, Joey."

Joey buried his face in Danny's shoulder. "I hope so."

Danny led Joey to the bed and pushed Joey to sit down. He sat next to him and put an arm around Joey. "We will get Luca. I don't know how yet, but we will. He won't get away with this."

Joey rested his head on Danny's shoulder. "Luca wouldn't hesitate to kill any of us, Danny."

Danny kissed Joey's hair. "He won't get the chance."

Suddenly, Joey took Danny's face in his hands and captured Danny's mouth in a bruising and needy kiss. Then he rested his forehead against Danny's. "If anything happened to you, I don't know what I'd do."

This time, Danny initiated a deep kiss. "I'm right here," he murmured against Joey's lips. He placed feather light kisses on Joey's forehead, cheeks, eyelids, and along Joey's jaw. "And I'm not going anywhere."

Joey moaned softly and tilted his head to the side to bare his neck to Danny's mouth. He shut his eyes in pleasure. "I need you, Danny."

Danny sucked on Joey's neck and slid a hand inside Joey's shirt. "I know. I need you, too."

They proceeded to help each other cope with yet another tragedy.