Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
278
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
9
Hits:
800

As Long As The Fires of Memory

Summary:

FANDOM: Andromeda
RATING: FRC
FOCUS: Dylan
STATUS: new (09/08/02), complete
SPECIAL WARNINGS: Character death
ARCHIVE: At my fic site at http://www.angelfire.com/tv/fanfiction/index.html, otherwise please ask first.
DISCLAIMER: This story is an original work of amateur fiction, and is written purely for private entertainment. This story is no way affiliated with Tribune.
EPISODE SPOILERS: No spoilers
SUMMARY: Dylan reflects.
NOTES: This story was in response to a 5 minute story challenge posted on May 26, 2002 to the Andromeda_and_Dylan mailing list. In it, you had to write a story using the following topic: "The memory burns?" You wrote for five minutes straight (more if you felt like it) without editing until after you?re done. When finished, you could edit or rewrite as you liked. This was what popped into my head. Thanks to Meg for beta-reading it for me.

Work Text:

As Long As The Fires of Memory
by Meana
meana_fic@yahoo.ca

 

No matter how much he tries to push it away, it keeps eating away at him. Day by day, hour by hour, the memory just keeps trying to fill his head.

The way she'd smiled, the sound of her laugh, the way she had looked as she'd entered the fight. Each of her movements had always been graceful and sure, beautiful just like her.

Scowling he takes another swig from the bottle of alcohol in his hand. He doesn't seem to notice the dozens of other bottles littering the ground around him. Maybe if he drinks enough, he can drown the memory - drown himself.

But it never seems to work. Hundreds of times he's tried, and each and every single time the memory comes roaring back, pounding into him with a forcefulness he cannot stand against.

A sob falls from his lips as he remembers her last moments. Fighting, desperate to keep them alive, giving them all time to escape. In the end, giving her life to keep them alive - to keep him alive. He'd watched from the Maru in agony as she burned - his ship, his life, his Shining Path. Only then had he realized how much he'd loved Rommie - how much he'd been in love with her. But as was often the case in life, the realization had come too little, too late.

The memory burns?

The End
http://www.angelfire.com/tv/fanfiction/index.html