Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-05-02
Words:
4,989
Chapters:
3/3
Comments:
3
Kudos:
12
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,906

Knockout

Summary:

Fandom(s): NCIS
Genre (general, hetero or slash)mild slash?
Pairing/Characters: none exactly
Rating: FRT
Acknowledgments: This is my first story. It has not been beta'd.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Part 1

Chapter Text

Knockout
by theresa
TerriMMarsh@aol.com

 

Leroy Jethro Gibbs looked up from his position, flat on the floor, and rubbed his sore jaw. Stunned he looked at the people around him. Kate Todd, her mouth open, her eyes widen in shock. Tony DiNozzo, his stance defiant, his hands still tightly curled in fists. Timothy McGee, trying to hold Tony back, was urging him quietly to stop, "You shouldn't have done that, Tony."

Tony turned his head to look at McGee, before saying fiercely, "He can't talk to you that way."

Gibbs was off the floor in a flash and in Tony's face. "Conference room. Now!" he barked. He turned and walked away, not checking to see if Tony following. He didn't turn around until the door slammed shut behind them. Gibbs eyes were blazing as he snarled, "What the hell was all that, DiNozzo?"

Tony wasn't intimidated in any way. "You can't talk to Tim like that," he said through gritted teeth.

Gibbs blinked. He was puzzled though it didn't show on his face.

Sure he'd been a little rough on McGee, but not anymore so than usual. Well, maybe a little rougher then usual. Hell, Tony and Kate often gave the younger agent a hard time. What was it this time that had been different and why was Tony so upset about it? What right did Tony have to be upset anyway. "Sit." Gibbs ordered gruffly, not wanting to give Tony an advantage.

With bad grace, Tony flopped into a chair and clasped his hands on top of the table.

Gibbs paced back and force behind Tony's back, trying to unnerve him. Judging by the rigid posture it wasn't working. "Why can't I talk to McGee like that?"

Tony's lips were clamped tightly shut.

"As your superior, it is my right to chew out any member of my team when and where I want. Considering the way you and Kate ride his butt, I'm wouldn't have thought you cared." Was it his imagination are did Tony look a little guilty. He had noticed recently that Tony and Tim were getting along better, teasing Kate together. Gibbs leaned over him, one hand on the back of Tony's chair the other on the table, his classic interrogation technique and brought his face within inches of Tony's. "Just how close are the two of you?" he growled.

Tony looked down at, not meeting his gaze. Neither confirming nor denying. Slowly he brought his gaze up to connect with Gibbs. "Would it matter?"

Gibbs pushed away, barely avoiding blinking again, the question catching him by surprise. How did he feel about it? He let out a deep breath. "I'm not your father, Tony."

Now it was Tony's turn to blink. Gibbs could see the wheels in his mind turning, wondering what that small phrase meant.

"I can't tell you how to run your life." Gibbs informed him, then he walked to the door and opened it. "McGee! In here. Now!" he yelled.

The newest member to the team sidled through the door. "Yes, boss?" he said, glancing nervously from one man to the other.

"Tony." Gibbs ordered, quietly.

Tony looked up at McGee and took a deep breath. "Prob...Tim. I'm sorry for the hard time Kate and I have been giving you."

McGee frowned, his eyes going from Tony to Gibbs and back again. He hadn't known what to expect when he'd been called in, but this wasn't it. Finally what Tony had said sunk in. "Does this mean no more being the butt of your jokes ...no more being called Probie?" he asked warily.

Tony turned his puppy-dog eyes up to Gibbs. "Do I have to, Dad?" he whined.

Gibbs turned away to hide the smile that threatened to break out as the two younger men chuckled and his slapped Tony upside the back of his head.

 

END