Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
733
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
7
Hits:
1,022

Still Bitching About Stuff

Summary:

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Sequel to "Thought He Liked Gauchos..." which is a sequel to "She Has Nice Silk Knickers, Too." Previous parts are at http://www.sand-in-my-shoes.com/ragna/wbteh/Series4.html Even though this isn't a YGTS? story, I'm sending it to the list since the first two in the trilogy are.
RATING: FRT
CLASSIFICATION: Eventual Spike/Giles
SUMMARY: What Spike wants, Spike (eventually) gets.
SPOILERS: I set the first fic in the trilogy at pre-"Into The Woods" so we'll just assume it diverged into an alt universe at some point around that time.
DISTRIBUTION: Any sites with my fic up; you all have unspoken permission. I write it, you can post it. Everyone else just keep my name on it and let me know.
DISCLAIMER: If you don't recognize it, chances are it's my own creation. If you do, I don't own it. Joss Whedon, Kazui Sandollar, The WB, UPN, et. al. most likely do.
FEEDBACK: Please send it offlist and let me know it's feedback; I do rapid delete on my account due to a lot of spam
FICATHONS ANSWERED: The Lyric Ficathon. The other fics were songfics, but this one is inspired by a snippet of lyrics. Also the Funny Fic Ficathon...this one was fun to write! Go to http://geocities.com/pal_athon for more info.
DEDICATED TO: Sottovoce10, who gave me the idea via a different ficathon assignment. The assignment was:
Three things Sottovoce10 would like to see: Spike and Giles together, difficulty in expressing their love, Wesley, different location than the US. Okay, that's four. Tried to slip that last one by. Two things Sottovoce10 doesn't want to see: Fisting, character death

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Still Bitching About Stuff
by Ragna
writinggoddess@aol.com

 

"You know the butter melts out of habit,
You know the toast isn't even warm."
- from "Out of Habit" by Ani Difranco

He was gone. Giles was rather far away from Sunnydale, far away from his Slayer, her friends...and the nuisance that was me.

And so he left. Except he didn't tell me where he was going. Of course, he'd been avoiding me since the Bay City Rollers incident, which was understandable. I think Giles was so deep into the closet that not much would bring him out.

Yes, while I may swing both ways, I'm almost positive Giles swings towards the masculine sex. At least, I'm betting on it. Counting on it, really.

Now I just have to find the bugger...

***

It only took a few phone calls. While Angel may not have been much help, the new hire of his, the former Watcher who I also heard had made Giles' life miserable, had let it slip that Giles was in England again. Might as well visit the mother country and have this all done with...

***

I'm rather very good at spying and sneaking and whatnot. Good at stalking, if you want to label it that, but I'd rather not. "Stalking" has such a bad taste to it...let's call it "hunting the prey." No, how about "following the vic--."

Forget it. Stalking it is.

I think only Buffy realized how single-handedly obsessed I was getting over this. Imagine that, Slayer and foe bonding over the fact I've got a school girl's crush on her Watcher. Go figure. Life's funny like that sometimes.

I could see him pacing in his room. He had his own place, didn't doubt that for a moment, just getting to it was a bitch, though, because there was more green shrubbery with pointed leaves there than a thin-skinned vampire would want. Bloody hell, it was worse than the torture session The Immortal put Angel and I through...

Enough of that. When I finally did make it to the window, he was doing this: sit at his desk, get up, pace, talk to himself, sit back down at his desk, write something, repeat.

And he *was* playing Bay City Rollers in the background. Lying ponce.

Have I mentioned something? Ivy looks beautiful on a trellis but it's damn hard to hold on to when you want to peer through someone's window. When I landed with a thud on the ground below the windows flew open.

"Bloody hell, Spike."

"Thought you were more of a Stones man."

"How did you find me?"

"Wesley."

Giles shook his head and half-glared at me. "Well, get up."

"Why? Wouldn't you rather the morning sun hit me in the chest and I go 'kaboom'?"

"I would. Buffy would skin me alive." He gestured to the door three feet away from me. "In. Now."

***

I kept rubbing my head. Damn if a fall like that won't knock something loose.

"What are you writing?"

"Something."

"Really? Something what?"

"Something I don't want to share."

I shrugged. "Look, Rupert."

"Giles."

"Pardon?"

"Giles. I don't like people I don't like calling me Rupert."

I shrugged again. Shrugging so much was making my head hurt even more. "Fine. Giles. Point is, I was serious back in Sunnyhell."

"I gathered that much."

"And I came to tell you, once and for all--" Giles handed me the letter and I skimmed through it. "My name's not Olivia, mate."

"But my girlfriend's is. I doubt she'd want to see me when I broke the news to her. I figured I'd write a letter."

"Oh," I said, and then as I went back and actually *read* the letter, I said, "Oooh."

"So, Spike. You were right. I'm a ponce. I'm not straight. I'm gay. Happy now?"

"So why leave Sunnydale?"

"Do you really think I wanted them all to know?"

I just crooked my eyebrow and gave him the patented look. "It's California, mate. Do you think they'll *care*?"

"Good point."

"And, not that I'm not happy because now I can chase after you all I want, but why are you telling me?"

"The Bay City Rollers incident was rather amusing and lead me to have some interesting thoughts."

"Just how interesting?"

"Give me some time to warm up to the idea of being with a vampire and I'll show you."

 

end

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Ragna.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.