Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
394
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,009

A Kiss for Luck

Summary:

FEEDBACK: Yes, please.
DISTRIBUTION: This story belongs to Virtual Season 12 for two weeks. After that, it will be OK for archival at Gossamer, Ephemeral, and the like.
RATING: FRT.
CATEGORIES: SR -- Story, Romance.
KEYWORDS: Mulder/Scully Romance.
SPOILERS: Up to Je Souhaite. There's a spoiler for VS11x23, "Displacement."
DISCLAIMER: Mulder and Scully belong to Chris Carter, 1013 Productions, and the FOX network. I'm not making any money from using the above.
SUMMARY: Mulder and Scully discover that they are truly lucky to be together.
NOTES: This story was written especially for IMTP's Virtual Season 12 - St. Patrick's Day Special. I would like to thank Devin and Lisa for their lightning fast beta while my regular beta was busy thoughout this week. I would like to thank them as well as Jen for their support of my writing.

Work Text:

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A Kiss for Luck
by Erin M. Blair
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

There was not a cloud in sight on this gorgeous summer-like day during the third week of March. After the recent rains, the ground was finally beginning to dry out, leaving the grass looking greener than usual.

Scully was outside, breathing in the fragrance of the blooming flowers in the planter. She looked over at the man, who returned her love a thousandth fold, was sitting on the plastic, white chair. "Mulder, I didn't know you were out here."

"I'm just enjoying this shamrock that I found today."

She smiled. "It's convenient that you found it just in time for St. Patrick's Day."

"I discovered it when I was walking home from running the track this morning," he said smiling.

"You're lucky, Mulder."

"No, Scully, I think you have it wrong."

"I do?"

He nodded. "We're both lucky."

"And how do you figure that, G-Man?" she asked teasingly. She gave him an adoring smile and looked deeply into his eyes.

"When I came close to losing you, I felt as though I was going to lose the half of my soul," he said as he was gazing into her eyes. "You have always completed me whether or not you knew it at the time."

Her eyes became misty as his words sunk into her soul. She leaned down towards him and she kissed him. This time, she didn't let him be the one to initiate this special moment. She wanted to show him just how much his words meant to her. She murmured into his hair, "Mulder, I've always known. I remember what you said to me in the hallway before the bee stung me. You told me that I keep you honest, that I made you a whole person. What I didn't tell you at the time was that you completed me in more ways than one. We're connected like two sides of the same coin. I know I never believed in soul mates before, but you're mine."

His face brightened up with his smile. His lips tenderly grazed hers for a few seconds, and then he finally returned a more passionate kiss. "We believe the same thing."

 

~~~ The End ~~~

erinmblair@gmail.com