Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
411
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
4
Bookmarks:
3
Hits:
1,308

Peaceful

Summary:

“Is he asleep or only napping?� Tony followed her gaze over to their boss. “He’s asleep.� -
How could Tony know that for certain?

Work Text:

Between two dry heaves, Kate was looking at Gibbs with a curious expression on her face. He had his eyes closed, his arms crossed before his chest. She nudged Tony, who was sitting next to her, with her elbow.

He gazed over at her.

"What?"

"Okay, is he really sleeping? Or is that just a nap?"

Tony followed her look over to their boss. Then he grinned.

"Nah, he's really sleeping."

Kate frowned.

"How can you tell?"

Tony's grin grew a little wider.

"He looks peaceful."

Kate's gaze wandered between Tony and Gibbs, noticing Gibbs' little smile, and then she felt the next wave of nausea wash over her again, and hid her face in her throwing-up-bag again.

***************************************

The noise and the shaking of the plane was familiar for Jethro Gibbs. He knew that it would take them awhile to reach Colombia, so he decided to spend the time useful. He closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep.

Tony had stayed with him the last night, and now Gibbs had a definite lack of sleep. He began to dream. Dream of last night. Dream of Tony. And he began to smile in his sleep.

***************************************

Tony saw that little smile, and that was a sure sign for him that his lover was asleep. He knew that smile. Loved that smile. Saw it at night when his full bladder woke him up and he had to go to the bathroom. Or when one of his nightmares scared him awake, and Jethro, without really waking up, pulled him close to his chest again.

He listened barely to Kate's complaints, but when she questioned him if their boss was only napping or really asleep, he had to grin.

"Nah, he's really sleeping."

"How can you tell?"

He heard the obvious question in her voice and involuntarily his smile deepened.

"He looks peaceful."

He could practically feel Kate's curious look, but two seconds later she was hurling her guts out again into the little brown bag she was clutching in her hands.

Still smiling, he leaned back again, and closed his eyes, too.

Tonight, he would put that smile again on Gibbs' face. Put it there while Gibbs was awake. He knew that he could do it. Slowly he drifted off to sleep, too, while his smile never faded.

The end