Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationships:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-05-27
Words:
24,544
Chapters:
3/3
Kudos:
19
Hits:
2,809

Dallas Central AU: Ghosts From the Past (Slash Version)

Summary:

The boys took a small vacation and while coming back had a bit of car trouble which landed them in a very strange town. Hundred year old murders, attractions long supress ocme to the surface, and ghosts are just some of the things the three men find.

Chapter 1: Dallas Central AU: Chapter 01 - Ghosts From the Past

Chapter Text

UNIVERSE: Dallas Central AU / Old West Crossover

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights over the Magnificent 7 characters used in this story, which has been written for the joy of writing only Trilogy Entertainment Group, the Mirisch Group and MGM own the Mag 7 characters/aspects of the story.

AUTHOR NOTE: Texas Aries and Setcheti have created the Dallas Central AU.

JTCTF is Joint Terrorism and Crime Task Force also created by Texas Aries and Setcheti.

ADDITIONAL WARNING: I should also warn those that like Mary Travis then you really don't want to read this fic.

 

To See more background about the Dallas Central AU follow the URL: Dallas Central Introduction Page

You can also read this story here Dallas Central AU / Old West Xover: Ghosts from the Past (Slash Version)

You can read more stories like this one here: Lone Tree Creative Preserve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Central AU: Chapter 01 - Ghosts From the Past (Slash Version)
by Texas Aires

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHRIS'S POV - July 23, 2005

I checked the rearview mirror to see if Ezra was still asleep. FBI JTCTF Agent was stretched out on the backseat out with his feet up and a cushion under his head. I had to smile, for Ezra was wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, a white t-shirt, cowboy boots and his hair was tousled from sleeping. Gone was the suave, expensively groomed FBI Agent; instead a relaxed, average Joe lay there fast asleep.

I then slid my eyes towards the right side of the Jeep cab to see that Vin was taking advantage of the reclining passenger seat and was asleep as well. Both men were catching up on two months of sleep, they lost due trying to track a suspected terrorist across the southwest part of the United States. From what they had discover that the terrorist main target had been the Hoover Dam which had earn both men commendations by the FBI but they would have preferred a week off instead.

Vin, Ezra and I had decided to go to Santa Fe for a three-day Western Antique show and exhibit. We'd left early on Friday to make it there for the Saturday morning opening of the show. Each of us had taken a turn driving and we'd arrived Friday night around 11:00pm. Due to the number of people attending the show we'd had to share a hotel room, but we were all too tired to care.

It turned out to be a great trip with the three of us relaxing and indulging in a hobby that fascinated all of us. Ezra had purchased a great big four poster bed which would be delivered to his home the next week and Vin had found an old brown Cavalry-type hat, a mare's leg shotgun and a couple of photographs all dated around the1880's. I had bought a roll-top oak desk, a rocking chair and a cedar chest, which I have loaded into my trailer. I knew all three pieces needed to be carefully restored, but once they were, they would be beautiful.

This morning had been the final day of the show but we'd decided to leave early since the majority of the vendors would be gone and so we'd set off towards home. Now we were about five hours from Dallas and I wanted a break from driving; I'd just reached over to wake Vin when the Jeep started to sputter and almost died in the middle of the interstate. Seeing an exit sign for Four Corners, Population 2,000, I sighed in relief when I noticed how close to the town we were and hoped that they would have a mechanic someplace.

By this time both Ezra and Vin were awake and looking for a garage, which we all spotted at the same time. Yosemite Garage was on the outskirts of the town and looked like it had been converted from an old stable. As I pulled into the garage the truck died completely and we coasted the last few feet before parking.

Sighing, I got out of the truck and was met half way to the office by a mechanic who was around Josiah's age. As I drew near he gave me a strange look but I ignored it. I asked him, "I was wondering if you could take a look at my truck to see what the problem is?"

"Sure, Mister. Let's take a look." Vin, by this time, had popped the hood and was leaning over the engine trying to see what the trouble was. The mechanic started to look and then leaned over a little more before pulling back to wipe his hands with a rag. "Well, Mister, it looks like your fuel pump is cracked. The good news is we can get your part here by tomorrow, but I won't be able to work on it till Wednesday."

I looked over at Vin to see if he had any objections to staying in this town for a couple of days. He simply shook his head and I turned to Ezra who was just now climbing out of the Cherokee. "Hey Ez, any problem staying here a couple of days till the truck is fixed?"

With a shrug of his shoulders Ezra replied, "It's fine with me, Chris."

Turning back to the mechanic, I asked him, "Is there somewhere nice we can stay?"

The mechanic nodded his head towards town and said. "Well, there is Potter's Bed and Breakfast or the Four Corners Hotel, they are both easy walking distance from here."

Holding out my hand I told him, "Chris Larabee. Thanks. The stuff on my trailer, is there anywhere I could store it?"

He was giving me a weird look as he shook my hand. "Don't worry, Mister Larabee, I'll put your trailer inside at night. The name is Jason Yosemite and I'm the owner, so I'll see you Wednesday." He then turned back to the garage and I picked up my bag as we set off towards town.

The town had made an effort at restoring the old buildings and had turned them into a quaint historical attraction. The old jail was now a museum and so was a restored newspaper office called The Clarion, both of which all three of us would probably want to check out. The various stores we passed were also beautifully restored and I looked forward to exploring the antique shops.

We first checked Potter's Bed and Breakfast, which appeared to be an actual restored version of an old west boarding house, but they were full so we went to the Four Corners Hotel. The hotel was restored like the rest of the downtown area, and the clerk inside was in costume and gave us a friendly grin...until we took our sunglasses off.

I though for a moment she was going to faint and rushed over to her. Ezra and Vin followed and Vin helped me to sit the girl down on a stool while Ezra got her a glass of water. Everywhere we'd gone so far in town people had been doing double takes and falling over things staring at us and now this. "Miss, are you all right?" I asked.

She just continued to stare at Ezra, never taking her eyes off him, which was starting to make the FBI Agent uncomfortable, when a middle age man stepped out of the back room. "Elizabeth. I..." Seeing that the girl he was looking for had three men surrounding her, he hurried to the girl's side and demanded, "What happened? What did you do to her? My God Elizabeth, are you all right?"

"Sirah, all we did was walk in the door and the young lady almost fainted." I could tell that Ezra was still unnerved by the girl's reaction to him and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rising as if someone had walked over my grave. I shot a look over to Vin to see what he made of this town's strange behavior and could tell that he felt the same.

The man swiveled to look up at Ezra and then slowly rose to stand between him and the girl. The color had drained from his face and now I was worried that he might faint. Then in a shaky voice he asked, "What can I do for you, sirs?"

Figuring I'd better take over and get our rooms so we could figure out what the hell was going on with this town, I said, "We would like three rooms for two, maybe three nights." The man swung his eyes towards me and then to Vin, and if it was possible he got even paler. He reached for the girl's arm and pulled her up to follow behind him as he made his way to the counter. When they reached the door he'd just come out of he pushed her through it and closed it before turning back to help us.

I was starting to get a pounding headache what with all the strange reactions we'd been getting from the townspeople and all I wanted was to lay down and rest. Taking out my wallet I handed my Visa to the manager. "Here, put it on my card. You guys can pay me back later."

The man took it and told me, "The rooms are $49.99 each and we are running a special so if you stay two nights the third night is free. Is that all right Mr. ..." Then he glanced down at my name and squeaked "Larabee?"

That was the final straw and I growled, "Yes ... yes that's fine. Can we have our rooms now?"

This made him even more nervous as he handed us cards to fill out. "Could ... could you and the other two ... gentlemen sign these ... while ... while I get your keys?"

We hurriedly filled out the cards, grabbed our keys and headed up to our rooms, all three of us just wanting some time to ourselves to soothe our ruffled nerves. As I lay down for a nap my last thought was that we'd either need to go shopping for some clothes or do laundry someplace.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

July 24, 1877

"You both know what to do?"

"Yes."

"I want their deaths to look like an accident."

"No problem. Just remember we both get $50.00 apiece for doing this."

"Yes, yes, I'll have your money ready tomorrow. Now just do it."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EZRA'S POV - July 25, 1877

I sit here keeping watch over Chris and Vin, not really believing that they are gone. They look like they're sleeping and waiting for me to wake them...but I know that they are dead for I have touched them and found no life. The others are watching me carefully, as if I were made of spun glass and might break any moment. Nathan drugged my coffee this morning so that I slept most of the day, but I had awakened earlier than they'd expected and snuck out of the clinic to come here, to be near them.

None of our brother peacekeepers knew of the relationship between Vin, Chris and myself. We'd decided to keep it secret out of necessity, for it would not have sat well with the people of the town or even with our friends; being discovered having same-sex relations with each other would have resulted in us being jailed, run out of town or even killed, so we'd kept it quiet. All anyone knew was that we had become close friends after the assassination attempt on Mary's life. We'd recently decided to pool our money to buy the McAllister's' ranch and start raising horses...but now that dream is dust.

 

Buck was the first to find me after I escaped their constant supervision. I told him that I was fine and that I just wanted to watch over them tonight; to say my last goodbyes to my two friends. Josiah, Nathan, JD and Buck took turns checking up on me, probably afraid that I might do something rash. Instead I sat between them, holding one of their cold, lifeless hands in each of mine and trying to come to terms with the idea that I would never again hear their voices, never again feel the warmth of their friendship and brotherhood. I now understand how Chris had felt at the deaths of his wife and son, for I feel like my heart and soul are as dead as my beloveds now are.

Buck told me that the men who found Chris had been murdered outside of town, both shot in the back, but I couldn't even raise enough interest to ask who they were, not with me trying to deal with this.

"Ez....." I raised my head to look around, because it sounded like Vin calling my name.

"Ezra-a-a-a..." I drop their hands as I got up and pulled out my gun, to peer-gun. I peered into the shadows of the room to see who would pull such a cruel joke by, trying to make me think that Vin and Chris were calling my name.

Then, in one corner of the room, a glow started and a warm summer breeze assaulted my senses. Inside of the glow I saw a beautiful summer meadow with buffalo roaming free on green pastures. Two figures appeared as they walked towards me and I knew instinctively that it was Chris and Vin. I dropped my guns and I rushed to embrace them, not caring that it would be impossible for them to be here with me.

I felt their strong arms go around me, embracing me. I cried as I held them close. They held me in their arms and comforted me with soothing words and gentle touches until I grew calm. Only then did they pull back a short ways, but still allowing them to touch me. I had closed my eyes when they started to withdraw, not wanting to open them to find that this was only a dream, but they called to me to open them.

"Ez ... my heart ... look at me ... let me see those beautiful green eyes of your."

That voice was Vin's and the concern in it almost made me open them, but I shook my head determinedly. "No ... If I open them you will disappear and I will be all alone again."

I then felt Chris gently grasp my shoulder. "Ezra, please open your eyes. Come on love."

I couldn't resist their pleading and opened my eyes. They were my Chris and Vin but somehow more. Gone was the pain from Chris' face and he looked years younger; joy shone from his eyes but there was still a little sorrow there as well. Vin's eyes were also lit with happiness, but like Chris the sadness could be seen in them too. Their faces glowed with an inner fire and I thought that this must be what angels looked like. I saw how worried they were for me but I couldn't care, I was just happy they'd come back and I clutched at them not intending to ever let them go.

Chris gently broke my hold on them both to capture my face in his strong hands and told me, "Ezra ... we can't stay, love."

Vin hugged me and said, "Listen pard, we will always be there for you. We will be the sun that warms you when you are cold. When you feel the winds touch, it will be Chris and I caressing you. We will always be with you, watching and waiting until the day you join us, but Ez you got to listen to us now for we don't have much time."

Chris then took over. "Ezra, we were murdered..."

Murdered!

Someone killed my lovers. A burning flame ignited within me and I wanted to tear apart the one who did this. "Who?" I demanded.

"The last thing Vin or I remember is having a drink with your mother. She wanted to congratulate us on the ranch. It surprised us...but that is all either of us remembers until we woke up here."

My Mother?

Could she really have planned this and murdered them?

Yes!

Now things added up; she'd hired those two men who were murdered. She must have drugged Chris and Vin and then had let those two murders kill my lovers. They must have been the ones who threw Vin off the roof of the hotel and somehow got one of their horses to kill Chris. Then, so that they couldn't blackmail her for more money, my mother killed them as well. I closed my eyes to steel myself for I would see to it that she was punished for her crimes. At this moment she had ceased to be my mother and became a murderess.

"I will see to it that she is punished for what she has done," I told the spirits of my two loves.

They stayed with me for a short while before returning to heaven, leaving me but not. When Josiah came in to check on me I told him I believed that Vin and Chris had been murdered. At first I thought he believed me, but I soon realized that he was patronizing me. None of the others believed me except perhaps JD. Figuring that I had to get the proof myself, I set out to con my mother. I would put my plan into effect tomorrow after the funeral.

Since we had found my beloveds, Mary Travis was constantly at my side offering support and comfort to the remaining gunslingers and myself. It still surprises me how her attitude changed once I stepped in the way of the assassin's bullet. I believe she thinks of me as her hero and I couldn't tell her the reason that I did what I did. It wasn't for her but for Chris Larabee, one of the men I secretly loved. I couldn't let my Chris be cut down by an assassin bullet.

The whole town turned out for the burial. It took every lesson my mother ever taught me not to let my grief rage as their bodies were lowered into the ground side by side. I wanted to fall to my knees scream out my denial and grief to the world and damn the consequences, instead I stood there with tears running down my face. My other brothers' grief was as silent as my own, but we stood together to offer each other the support of our shared grief. But when the first shovel of dirt Vin's coffin I felt my knees grow weak. Something must have given me away for Mary wrapped her body around mine holding me up, but making it look like I was the one to offer support. She was a good friend and I regretted the last few weeks of avoiding her, thinking her interested in me was more than just friendship. No, she was a true friend being here for me.

When I returned to my room after the funeral I sat down and planned my trap for mother. I outlined everything in my journal, which I hid in my secret place in the floorboards. Knowing that my mother also kept a journal outlining her cons, how much it gained her, who she worked with, and who the victim was. If I could get that book I would have the proof I needed. I watched as she started on her rounds around town and then snuck into her room to retrieve the journal. Knowing I had to work fast I searched her room, finally finding it hidden in the dresser attached to the bottom of a drawer. She would know that I had taken it and would come to find me.

Now I just had to find JD and show him the proof, and then...then I would confront Maude and have her confess so that JD could hear it straight from her own mouth.

Tonight, Mother, you will be punished for what you have done!

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EZRA POV - July 23, 2005

I knew I was dreaming, being caressed by two sets of loving hands, two hard naked bodies touching mine. Touching me with such loving gentleness I knew who ever it was, they loved me. I was experiencing in my dream what it meant to be loved totally and completely, something in real life that had never really to me.

Both bodies shifted closer and I felt two hard male erections sliding against my body. The shock was realizing it was two men making love to me. Driving me insane with pleasure and touching me. I thought to break free of their embrace, but my dream self didn't want that to happen. Instead, I returned each caress with one of my own and against my wishes I started to relax and enjoy the pleasure.

Curious as to who was giving me so much delight and love, I started to search in the darkness. Slowly it started getting lighter until I could look into the hungry blue eyes of Vin Tanner. Vin leaned in and kissed me. My dream self was moaning in pleasure at the sweet assault while I was in shock.

Never have I ever thought of Vin that way.

Hell, I rarely though of any man in that matter and never anyone who I worked with, but my resolve was slowly weakening under Vin's passionate attack. I reached out to touch him of my own accord, to enjoy the silkiness of his skin.

Vin released my mouth so that we could breathe, and he leaned his forehead against mine. "Ez, I love you." Cupping my cheek, he continued in a voice husky with desire. "I love you my heart." Then he kissed me again.

Then the other man wrapped his arms around both of us and he started to lick and kiss my ear making me purr. Then in a voice laden with so much passion I didn't recognize him at first, "Ezra, we both love you."

Oh My God!

Chris!

I knew I was dreaming for I was facing my mother but not my mother - this woman was dressed in something from the past. Anger and vengeance burned through my heart and soul and I snarled at her, "Admit it, Maude! You killed Vin and Chris."

The woman drew herself up as if I insulted her. "I did no such thing Ezra. Where did you get such ridiculous idea?"

Sneering I told her. "I have your journal mother. I know. I know everything but why."

Her face drained of all color and she demanded, "Ezra, that's private property and I insist that you return it to me."

"No, Mother, you will be punished for killing Vin and Chris. I swore to their spirits that you would get what is coming to you." I turned my back on her determined to leave the room, when I heard the signature click of her derringer being released. Turning back towards her I said. "Put that away, Maude, you're not going to shoot me."

"Give me my journal, Ezra," she demanded as I took a step towards her, to disarm her.

"No," I told her and then grabbed the gun, which she refused to let go of. As we struggled over the weapon I heard JD slam open the door and then I felt a bullet rip though my chest. I never heard the shot, but the last thing I did hear was Maude screaming my name.

I sat straight up as I awoke from the strange, deadly dream patting my chest making sure that there was no hole or blood from that vivid dream.

Woke from a dream that was both erotic and deadly.

How will I look them in the face after that exotic and pleasurable dream?

Why did I dream that my mother killed Chris and Vin?

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

VIN POV - July 23, 2005

The dream started with me riding towards a shack I see in the distance. As I got closer I saw Chris and Ezra working on a gate, but something was off. They looked like my Chris and Ezra, but the clothes looked like something they would wear in the old west.

Chris looked up at me and said, "About time you got here Tanner. I was about to send out a search party for you."

I was still trying to figure out what was going on but I heard myself say. "Well Cowboy, I jus' figured I'd come after ya did all the work."

Ezra looked up at me hands on his hips, "Well Mr. Tanner, since you didn't help us you will not be getting any of the delicious apple pie Mrs. Potter gave me."

"Ah, come on Ez ... apple is my favorite." Then I lowered my voice making it even raspier and huskier than usual, enjoying the way the southerner's eyes grew darker with passion before I continued. "What if I gave ya both a back rub? Could I get a piece then?" I begged as I got down from the horse.

Ezra turned to Chris and prompted. "Well ... what do you say Chris? Do you think it's a fair trade?"

Chris crossed his arms and pinched his lip while looking me up and down with a mischievous light flickering in the green depths of his eyes. "I don't know Ez ... I think someone needs to do a little more than a backrub for a piece of that pie."

I felt myself slowly walk towards Chris, swaying and rolling my hips just a little and watched that mischievous light change to one of hunger and desire. I molded my body to his, wrapping one arm around his slim waist, and kneading one ass cheek in my other hand.

What The Hell!

I tried to let go but I couldn't. Instead, I heard my voice, husky with desire; say, "What if I gave ya individual attention, something like this maybe?" I then took Chris' mouth in a demanding kiss, exploring his mouth with my tongue, tasting Chris and hearing him moan in pleasure as my hips thrush against his. He tasted like whiskey, beef stew, and pure Chris. I only back I so I could take a breath before asking in a sultry voice as I nuzzled his neck, "Would that earn me a piece, Cowboy?"

Panting he answered me, his voice low and husky as his body responded to mine, "I ... I don't know ... o-o-o-o-h-h-h-h ... maybe ... maybe you should ... a-a-a-a-h-h-h-h y-y-y-y-y-e-e-s-s-s-s ... check with Ezra."

Giving one last little nip, I gently released Chris and turned in Ezra's direction. He was leaning against the gate that he and Chris were fixing with sexy, heated eyes holding a touch of a challenge in them for me. I felt myself smile as I accepted his challenge, making my way towards him determined to have him making those little sounds that I just know will drive me and Chris mad with desire for him. I felt myself trapping him against the gatepost, pushing my leg between his and lifting him so that our straining erections could grind together. I looked down into his eyes before ravenously claiming his mouth. As with Chris, I could taste beef stew, whiskey and the intoxicating spice of the man himself. Where I dominated the kiss with Chris, I dueled with Ezra seeking to conquer with quick thrusts and slow sensual caresses. Finally, I heard Ezra moan in surrender before I pulled back.

I couldn't stop myself from kissing or caressing either man and somehow I knew. Knew in the way they looked at me, touched me, that they loved me and I in this vision loved them with every particle in my body. I never thought of either Chris or Ezra in that way before but ... but this dream is opening that door. I have always found them attractive, but they meant too much to me for me to ruin with wanting more so I just left it alone. The brotherhood formed between all of us was something I have looked a longtime for. I satisfy that itch somewhere else when it becomes too much for me to handle.

Turning my attention back to this dream, I saw Ezra licking his lips as I released his mouth to nibble my way under his jaw. I smiled as I heard his breathless response. "On ... on second ... o-o-o-h-h-h-h ... though I ... h-m-m-m-m ... your proposal .... there Vin ... has merit."

Then the scene suddenly changed as two men yanked me out of Ezra's arms and I couldn't seem to move. All I heard was "She wants it to look like an accident."

Then another voice said, "He's up here all the time so falling off in the middle of the night would just be about right. His luck just ran out."

Then I was thrown from the roof and I felt myself falling, knowing that I would die when I hit the ground.

Gasping I woke, shaken by both parts of the dream but especially the last part. I took deep breaths to help calm my nerves, to get over the feeling of falling to my death. As I calmed, I tried to shake off the dream, but it didn't seem like a dream. It was too real, almost like it happened sometime in the past. I recognized the place that I was thrown from, for it was this hotel.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHRIS POV - July 23, 2005

The dream started off with me walking into a bedroom lit by lantern to see both Vin and Ezra taking off their clothes. I tried to leave but I felt myself leaning in the doorway, desire heating my blood and started to pool in my groin.

I have rarely felt this way towards another man, and I have never acted on those feelings. Now, to feel them directed at two men that not only work for me but who are also my best friends had me wanting to turn and run for the hills. In desperation I even tried to wake myself up but something prevented me. So I stood there watching my two friends slowly undressing, revealing their bodies to my hungry gaze as each piece of clothing was sensually removed.

Vin pulled the shorter man against his body, embracing Ezra from behind to take over unbuttoning the southerner's shirt, so that he could caress the smaller man's chest. My mouth felt like a desert as I watched Ezra's head slowly came to rest against Vin's shoulder, his body arching into the New Mexican's caresses as he groaned and swayed against the Detective.

"Isn't ol' Ez here beautiful, Cowboy?" Vin asked his voice husky with desire as his hands caressed Ezra's nipples until they hardened into stiff cinnamon peaks, just begging to be suckled. Fanning his fingers, Vin then slowly moved them down the southerner's torso to the top button of his pants. One hand continued to slowly slip behind the waistband of the gambler's pants to cup and caress the southerner's hardening manhood, while Vin's other hand started to unbutton Ezra's pants. The southerner was purring in pleasure as Vin played with his body, both of them swaying together as if to some exotic music that only they could hear. With a shimmy of Ezra's hips the pants were gone, leaving the southerner completely exposed to my starving gaze.

I never saw anyone more perfect than the man before me; Ezra's body was made up of hard, lean muscle under skin that looked like cream, pure and unblemished. Like some ancient marble statue depicting a god or a male nymph put on this earth to tempt mortal man. Vin's hands were gently stroking Ezra's proud manhood, arousing the southerner even more, while the other man kissed and nibbled the side of the gambler's neck and shoulder. Both of us enjoyed hearing Ezra's little cries and purrs of pleasure and he was making those delicious sounds for us.

My breath caught in my throat as Ezra lifted his head to look at me. In the sultry green eyes I saw desire, need, want, and love. Pure love beckoned me forward to take him but instead I shook my head and smiled at him. Issuing a challenge which was accepted with a slow grin as he panted, "Vin ... I think ... Chris needs a ... little ... more ... encouragement ... and that ... you still ... have way to ... many clothes ...on."

Ezra turned around in Vin's arms to start removing the New Mexican's clothing as slowly and as tempting as possible. With each button Ezra unfastened he placed a little kiss or lick on the area being exposed, encouraged by the groans of pleasure from Vin that had me standing a little straighter. Once the shirt was open all the way, the southerner's hands caressed the expanse of exposed muscle and skin then ran them up towards Vin's shoulders so he could push the shirt down the New Mexican's arms.

I licked my lips as Ezra's temping ass dimpled, shifted and moved as he leaned towards Vin to start licking and sucking on the tracker's rose-color nipples. This had Vin throwing his head back, clutching Ezra's head as he arched his body towards the sweet torment of the southerner's mouth. A snarl of pleasure escaped the tracker's open mouth as his body started to tremble with passion.

Ezra must have been happy with the response from the normally quiet tracker because the southerner's fast fingers made quick work of the buttons on Vin's pants. He pushed them down, past slim hips to let gravity take over so that they fell to the floor. I sucked in a gasp for Vin was beautiful, he was all lean muscle and sun-kissed skin, built for speed and swiftness, with a coiled strength there as well.

Ezra and Vin were so different but they fit each other like two pieces of a puzzle. The southerner was exotic and sensual like a large cat while Vin was like a raging stormy wind. Both men lost themselves in caressing and arousing the other but didn't forget me; everything they did was to tempt me into coming and touching them.

Being only mortal I gave in. With a growl I stalked forward to capture my green-eyed temptation to ravish his kiss-swollen lips, caress rose petal soft skin, and to grab Ezra's round ass cheeks pulling him firmly against me. My denim encased erection ground against his, I absorbed the very spice of this man was until I was forced to pull back so that I could breathe. Ezra's eyes were so dilated with passion that they appeared black as he rested bonelessly in my arms. I then snaked one arm freed to pull my other lover against me so that I could ravish him as I had my gambler.

Ezra's busy fingers quickly unbuttoned my shirt as I was hungrily devouring Vin's mouth and I felt the New Mexican's trembling hands trying to help the southerner undress me. I felt myself smirk, I couldn't allow him to think about anything but me taking and possessing him. I increased the intensity of the kiss, making him forget what he was doing and whimper in need and desire as he rubbed his body against mine. Only when I was threatened with passing out did I release Vin from the kiss. His expression was dazed and the upturned face was flushed with desire. Gently I kissed one then the other until Ezra pushed me onto the bed where both men removed my boots and yanked my jeans off before they pounced.

Suddenly the dream changed; instead two men were dragging me to a stable. I couldn't move, but I knew that if I didn't I would be dead. Then from somehow I knew that Vin was dead. One part of my soul cried out in denial, the other half was frantic with fear that Ezra would be next if I didn't get away, but I couldn't.

Then a voice said, "I'm starting to think $50.00 apiece isn't enough for this job."

"I think your right ... more like a $100 apiece. After all she doesn't want to get caught."

They threw me in a stall with a strange horse and then I heard a whistle, and the next thing I felt was a blow landing on my chest. I awoke, crying out my denial, my heart racing, and I took gasping breaths to try to calm down. It was only a dream. It was only a dream.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The three men could not go back to sleep but paced around their small rooms, each man trying to deal with the two very different aspect of their own dream. To each man, the dream was just too vivid to be a figment of his unconscious, for it had the feeling of a memory to it. Ezra kept touching the spot where the bullet had entered in the dream and noticed a bruise forming at the site, while Chris and Vin still felt the hands of the unknown men pulling at them.

Hunger finally drove Vin to knock on Ezra's door where the young Detective waited nervously till the FBI Agent opened it. The men exchanged uneasy glances, each remembering what it was like to touch and kiss the other man, until Vin took a deep breath, determined to push aside the vision. "I'm hungry and I though maybe you and Chris would like to join me for dinner."

Ezra chided himself for letting a dream, that was nothing but a figment of his unconscious fears, shake him so badly that it might interfere with his friendship with Vin. Pulling himself together, the FBI Agent smiled warmly at his friend. "That sounds great Vin. Let me just grab my wallet."

Chris startled both men as he opened the door before Ezra could knock. The blond blinked at the sudden appearance of the two men that he had dreamed about not more than an hour ago. Squashing his arousal at seeing the two men after such an erotic and disturbing dream, he told them "I guess what they say is true. Great minds do think alike."

The three men wandered slowly down to the lobby, each man preparing themselves mentally for the strange reaction of the townsfolk. As they reached the lobby they noticed a twenty-something young man standing watch at the front desk. Bracing themselves for the typical reaction, they were surprised when he turned and sent them a friendly smile. "May I help you, gentlemen?"

Letting go of the breath he was holding, Chris asked, "Is there a restaurant within walking distance?"

The desk clerk thought for a minute and then told them. "Normally I would suggest the hotel, but our chef had to leave for an emergency and the kitchen is closed tonight, but you could go to the Saloon across the street. The food is not fancy but it's good, plus it was once a real Western saloon and it has a small museum that you can tour. The people around here told me that it's supposed to be haunted by a dead gambler, but I just moved here so I can't tell you if it's true or not."

Chris nodded his thanks and the three men headed to the saloon. As they were crossing the street Vin remarked, "JD will be disappointed that he missed the chance to meet a ghost."

Ezra shot a glance to his friend and said, "Vin, you can't tell me that you believe in such things?"

Vin's expression turned serious. "I don't know, Ez, but I have seen some odd things during my years on the reservation and police force. I can't really say for sure. How about you, Chris?"

Chris glared at Vin and answered grudgingly. "Yeah, I do."

Chris opened the door to allow the other two men to enter the saloon first and ran smack into them. The room grew deathly quiet as everyone stared in wide-eye wonder at the three men waiting in the doorway. A waitress walked in from the kitchen carrying a tray, which she promptly dropped upon seeing them standing there.

Then a little girl of about five stared at Ezra, pointed her finger and screamed at the top of her lungs, "Mommy, the ghost! The ghost is after me!" and then started to scream and cry at the top of her lungs.

That seemed to break the frozen standoff between the three men and the people in the saloon. It was also the last straw for Chris; he raised his voice and growled, "What the hell is wrong with you people? It's like you've never seen strangers before!"

The town sheriff got up from the back table he was sitting at to make his way over to the three men who were obviously very confused and uncomfortable with being the center of attention. The sheriff was a friendly-looking man in his mid forties; around six-two with a slender build and black hair turning slightly gray.

Turning to an older waitress he asked her, "Nancy, why don't you box up my dinner and three more for these gentlemen. Send them over to the office." Then turning to the three men he introduced himself. "Gentlemen, I'm Sheriff Michael Dunne. Why don't you come with me and I can answer some of you questions."

Figuring it would be the best thing for everyone involved, Chris turned to walk out of the saloon followed by Ezra, Vin and Sheriff Dunne. "Gentlemen, this way please." The three men followed the sheriff to the right and down about two blocks before going into the sheriff's office. Dunne ushered them past the gaping deputies and into his office, where he closed the door and then closed the blinds. He hung his hat on the coat rack before indicating to his visitors to have a seat.

Once he took his seat, he looked at his three strange visitors and said, "Gentlemen, I hate to do this...but could I see some identification please?"

Vin and Chris pulled out their identification, including their Dallas Major Crime badges, while Ezra handed over his FBI identification. Once the sheriff had looked at all the ID's he handed them back and sat looking at the men who owned them in complete wonder.

Ezra was feeling that things had just gotten a little out of control and decided to do something about it. "Sheriff Dunne, could you Please tell us what the hell is going on around here?"

The sheriff took a deep breath and began his explanation. "Well, this might take a while so get comfortable. Four Corners was settled around 1868, and like all towns in the West it attracted some bad elements as it grew. Around 1873 five men were passing through and two of them prevented the hanging of a healer name Nathan Jackson. Judge Owen Travis hired them as peacekeepers for the town and surrounding areas. The leader was a well-known gunfighter by the name of Chris Larabee. His second in command was an ex-bounty hunter, Detective, and tracker named Vin Tanner who had a $500 dollar reward on his head for a murder he didn't commit. Then there was another gunfighter, an old-time friend of Larabee's named Buck Wilmington, the healer Larabee and Tanner saved from lynching, Nathan Jackson, and the preacher Josiah Sanchez. Next was my great grandfather, Sheriff JD Dunne, and lastly the gambler Ezra P. Standish."

The three men sat stunned as Dunne listed the names of each of the town's peacekeepers. Chris was first to recover somewhat and asked, "I can understand our names spooking people, but why ..."

"Why do they react that way to just seeing all three of you?" interrupted Dunne. "Well simply put, you are carbon copies of Larabee, Tanner and Standish. The only difference I can see is Detective Tanner here has short hair while the tracker grew his hair long, as was common in those days. I can take you over to the town museum to see for yourself. Now as to why little Cassie Wells screamed 'ghost' at you, it's because your ... relative ... Mr. Standish, haunts the saloon. Believe me, it's true; I ran into the specter for the first time when I was eighteen."

Ezra couldn't believe what he was hearing. "Excuse me Sheriff Dunne, but you can't be serious!"

"Oh I am totally serious, and we've had experts out here who have documented and confirmed the haunting. I can even show you proof, for the bedroom floor of the gambler's room has a pool of blood that appears every night around nine o'clock and then disappears before dawn."

Ezra couldn't give up the augment and questioned Dunne. "Well it could just be a hoax, or maybe something wrong with the wood. Maybe you should replace the floor."

Smiling at the tense man Dunne replied, "Well the floor has been changed twice and each time the pool of blood reappears. We've taken samples; the blood is human and always the same type and DNA match."

Vin's curiosity was aroused and he asked, "So why does this gambler haunt the Saloon?"

Dunne leaned back in his chair to rest his hands on his stomach. "Weeellll, the legend has it that one night both Vin Tanner and Chris Larabee diedâ€"" The sheriff paused as both Vin and Chris' faces drained of color. "Gentlemen, is something wrong?"

Vin nervously licked his dry lips and asked, "Did your Vin Tanner fall from the hotel roof?"

The Sheriff sat up to look intently at the Major Crimes Detective. "Yes, but ..."

But before the Sheriff could finishing ask his question Chris interrupted to ask, "Was the gunfighter killed by a horse?"

Intense brown eyes locked gazes with the captain and the sheriff said, "Yes, but how did you know? Did someone tell you?"

Still not fully understanding what was happening to him and his two friends Vin answered, "I took a nap and dreamt of being thrown from the roof." He shuddered as if someone had walked over his grave. "It wasn't pleasant."

Shifting his eyes between the three men, the sheriff continued his story but watched the three men's body language and facial expressions; he could tell the other two men had also had similar dream experiences. "Tanner did fall from the roof and Larabee was killed by a horse. The thing was that everyone thought they were just accidents, all except for Standish. He told the other peacekeepers that he thought the two men were murdered, but no one believed him. They just figured that he wanted someone to blame for his friends' deaths. Well, according to legend, Standish found proof in his mother's journal. Apparently Mrs. Standish didn't want her boy to waste his talents as a peacekeeper in a small town, so she hired two men to kill Tanner and Larabee. Standish showed the journal to my great grandfather and they set up a con. The gambler took the book and hid it someplace so that his mother couldn't find it. When he tried to get her to confess to killing both men she denied it, but when he told her he had her journal his mother pulled a gun. They fought and she shot and killed her only child. My great grandfather was too late to save his friend but even though Mrs. Standish was hung for her son's murder she was never convicted in the deaths of the other two men. It's said that the gambler can't rest until the proof is uncovered and everyone knows that his mother indeed killed Larabee and Tanner."

Chris ran his hands though his hair, thinking over everything that the sheriff had told them. He didn't blame the townspeople for their reactions now; here the three of them had come to Four Corners, the spitting image of three men that had a profound effect on the town. And now Dunne had revealed two possible murders with missing evidence, plus there was that damn dream...

The sheriff leaned back, watching the three men, and told them, "There have been reports that the two murdered men appear once in a while near where they were found. I can't say if it's true or not, but I thought you might be interested."

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The three men silently made their way back to the hotel after eating a surprisingly good steak dinner and finding out more about the town's murdered heroes. Each man was lost in his own thoughts and feelings, trying to come to terms with what they had been told and seen. The Sheriff had brought out a picture of the seven men and the resemblance between themselves and their other team members was astonishing but did have a few differences.

As they made their way up the stairs to their respective rooms, each of the men called out a good night to the other two before going in and closing their doors. None of them thought they would be able to sleep after everything, but surprisingly they all fell into a deep sleep. None of them knew what was in store for them in the early hours of the morning.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

EZRA'S POV - July 24, 2005

Something woke me from my dreamless sleep, calling to me, demanding that I follow it. I could not deny that call and quickly dressed and left the room, not bothering to shut the door. I was pulled down the hall to a closed door that led to the roof. I reached out to open it, but jumped back when it silently opened of it's own accord. I hesitated for a moment as I thought about getting Vin and Chris, but the thought faded from my mind as the commanding tug had me walking through the doorway into a glowing fog. I should have turned around at the sight and run to the safety of my friends, but instead I calmly ascended the stairs. Everything was like a dream and instinctively I knew that nothing would harm me.

The door at the top of the stairs open soundlessly to allow me to step out onto the roof as the glowing fog rolled out across the rooftop. I could only look up in wonder, as the sky seemed filled with stars, taking my breath away with the timeless beauty. I was lost in the beauty before me when I felt a presence and a voice greeted me. "Ez, is that you? God Ez, you are so beautiful."

I felt a shiver of desire run like electricity thorough my body as I recognized the voice. "Vin what are you doing up here?" I turned to a darkened corner where Vin's voice had come from.

As the form moved closer I saw that the man was dressed in a buckskin jacket, Calvary hat, jeans and had a sawed off shot gun strapped to his leg. As the man moved closer and the dim light, produced by the glowing fog, revealed his face, my breath caught for the face was Vin's but there were slight differences that told me that it wasn't him. As the man drew closer I could vaguely see the stairwell through his form and I felt my heart skip a beat. He stopped in front of me and raised his hand to touch me.

I tried to jerk back, afraid of the unknown that I have been confronted with, but I couldn't move. It was like some force had seized me, holding me firmly in its grasp. Sorrowful blue eyes that were so much like the Vin I known caught my attention. As I watched his eyes they changed, the sorrow replace by joy. Cold fingers gently caressed my cheek as he whispered with pent up emotion, "I've waited such a long time for you, Ez." He stopped to cup my cheek and rub his thumb over my cheekbone in a soft caress. "My beautiful heart." Then, wrapping one arm around my waist he brought me up against his body, holding me close. I opened my mouth to tell him that I am not his Ez but before I could he was kissed me. He took total control as he kissed me with such passion and hunger. Taking my mouth like a force of nature that could not be stopped. His tongue caressed and tasted every part of my mouth and I could only groaned in pleasure. It never crossed my mind to fight him off, instead I accepted and responded to the kiss pulling this ghost closer to me.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

VIN POV - July 23, 2005

Something woke me from a sound sleep with the knowledge that Ezra was in danger. Quickly dressing, I jerked open the door to see that Chris was already in the hall looking around, searching. We exchanging a single glance I could tell he felt the same air of danger I did. It was then that we noticed the door at the end of the hall was open and the strange glowing fog shrouded the stairs and the doorway.

Pulling our guns we made our way cautiously down the hall, not knowing what we were facing but taking comfort in the feel of the cold metal of the guns in our hands. Slowly we made our way up the stairs in the eerie silence that wrapped around us, too afraid for Ezra to be afraid for ourselves. The strange fog wrapped around our legs and seemed to caress us in its welcoming embrace. It was as if there was some sort of intelligence behind the wisp that kept urging us upwards almost as if it was pushing us faster. Giving into the urging we hurried up the stairs to emerge onto the rooftop where we separated, seeking cover as our cop instincts told us to.

From the safety of my spot, I started to scan the area, looking danger and for our missing friend. My eyes quickly found what I was searching for, but my mind refused to believe what I was seeing. I must have made some sound for Chris came to my side and I heard his breath catch in his throat as we observed Ezra locked in a passionate embrace with ... a creature wearing my face.

I don't know how to describe seeing myself kissing one of my best friends. It was erotic, confusing, and to be honest, jealousy twisted and turned in my gut. The strange blue glow that surrounded Ezra cut through the jealous as some instinct told me that it was slowly sapping the life out the man I have fell in love with. I started forward, determined to rescue Ezra from the danger that the ghost represented.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CHRIS POV - July 23, 2005

At Vin's gasp I quickly made my way to where he was. Following his gaze I felt my own breath catch in my throat. Ezra locked in a passionate embrace with a man that could have been Vin's twin except for two things. One he was glowing with a faint white light and the second was that we could vaguely see through him. The ghost had somehow immobilized Ezra with a blue light; a light that instinctively I knew was slowly killing the southerner. The man ... ghost ... had molded the southerner's body down his long length, one hand between Ezra's shoulder blades holding him still, while the other cupped one of the FBI Agent's ass cheeks, lifting the smaller man up so it would align their groins together.

I felt myself responding, watching as the two men kissed, but also I felt anger that this thing was taking what belonged to my Vin and me. I heard Vin growl in anger and when he stepped toward the pair I was right at his side.

A strong wind suddenly came up, making us stagger a bit before we noticed that the ghost was gone and that Ezra was standing there alone his beautiful face lit with happiness, making me all the more jealous because it was that thing invoking the southerner's response and not Vin or me. Then it was like someone cut a string and Ezra collapsed.

Rushing to his side, I hesitated before reaching out to touch him, afraid that whatever the ghost had done had killed him. With trembling fingers I placed them along the vein in his throat to feel a slow, thready pulse under skin that was freezing to the touch. I leaned over him, using what little light there was to see that his skin was colorless and lips blue, all signs of hypothermia. Here it was a warm eighty degrees at night outside and Ezra was literally freezing to death.

Vin knelt down on the other side of Ezra and picked up his hand to check the pulse before trying to rub some warmth back into the freezing limb, but I knew that it wasn't going to be enough. "Vin, we need to get him back into bed. Help me." I looped one of Ezra's cold arms around my neck and wrapped my other arm around his waist while Vin copied me on the other side. Awkwardly we made our way down the stairs, Vin going first and me taking up the rear with Ezra a dead weight in our arms.

Once down we made our way to Ezra's room since it was the closest to the stairs. In under a minute, we had the southerner tucked under the warm sheets and blanket but he was still shivering and hadn't regained consciousness.

Vin and I took up positions on opposite sides of our friend and started to rub his cold limbs trying to warm him up but I could tell it wasn't enough. My concern and fear was rising as the minutes went by. Knowing we had to do something more, I turned down the sheet of the bed and started to unbutton Ezra's shirt. "Vin, we have to get him warmer. I need you to go start the shower, put the water on as hot as it can go and then come back and help me get him in there."

Vin went into the bathroom to start the water as I continued to undress my friend. It wasn't right that Ezra was lying so still for it reminded me too much of times spent in hospital rooms waiting for him to wake.

"OK Pard' the shower's ready. Let me help you with Ez." Vin lifted the southerner up and I quickly striped him of the jeans. Once he was nude I couldn't help but look ... truly look at him. My dream didn't do him justice and under different circumstances I would take my time but Ezra needed us to help him. I quickly stripped to my underwear and we made our way into the bathroom.

Once there I made sure that Vin could support Ezra before going to the tub and closing the drain, letting the tub fill with hot water. I then stepped into the shower, before taking Ezra's dead weight in my arms, while Vin lifted his legs into the tub. Shifting the southerner around so that his shivering form was bombard with the hot spray.

I held him firmly in my arms, letting his cold face press against my neck. Keeping one arm firmly around Ezra, I started to gently stroke his back in what I hope was a soothing manner. It seemed to do some good because I felt him shift a little closer to me. Keeping the petting up I started telling him to wake up, that we had him and we were worried.

It seemed like forever before he stopped shivering and his skin seemed to have lost some of that coldness, but in reality it was probably about five minutes. Happy at that small success I still was worried that he showed no other signs of coming around. My gaze met an equally worried one from Vin who stood at the ready if I needed him or if I slipped.

When the water reached my calves, Vin shut off the shower. With care we maneuvered Ezra around so that we could gently lower him into the hot water. Vin knelt down, not caring about the water that was soaking the knees of his jeans, as I used his shoulder to carefully step out of the shower. He gently sponged Ezra's face with a washcloth as he tried to wake him, while I quickly stripped off my soaked underwear and dried myself off. Wrapping one of the larger towels around my waist, I joined Vin at the tub.

Vin looked up at me worriedly as he continued to gently stroke Ezra's face. "Cowboy, I don't like it. He should have come around by now."

I ran my hands through my hair, trying to find some form of release for my own worry. The only solution that I come up with was to get Ezra to the hospital. Maybe they could figure out what is wrong with him. "Okay, Vin; get some towels from my room, we're going to dry him off and then take him to the hospital."

Nodding his agreement, Vin left to get the towels from his and my room. I propped the FBI Agent up, making sure that Ezra couldn't slip under the water before I got back. I quickly went to the other room to pull on my jeans before returning to the bathroom. Sitting on the side of the tub, I gently brushed the damp hair back from my friend's forehead as I waited for Vin to get back. I just prayed that Ezra would be ok.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------