Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
466
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
12
Hits:
761

Too late

Summary:

Sam reflects on Janet and the regret of not telling her the truth. Sam/Janet angst and implying Jack/Daniel. First person's POV. Slash and dark fic.

Work Text:

Too late
by HollyShannensAngel

You never told her how you felt, figured you had plenty of time, but now its too late. She's gone and she'll never know how you really felt.

"Sam?"

Your eyes flicker upwards, and then back to your raised knees. "What the hell do you want Daniel?"

Your bunk goes down, as he sits next to you. "She would have liked what you said."

You smirk, and tilt your head rightwards. "What are you? Psychic?"

He smiles weakly and looks at you. "I think you mean medium."

"Whatever!" You snap.

You bury your head more into your raised knees. "I never even got the chance to tell her how I felt."

You try you hardest to fight the tears, but it's no use, as they come rushing out. You feel the warm tears sink into your pants. "I-I..."

Daniel pulls you into his embrace, where you let yourself go and utter that singular word; the one, which you know, can never be answered. "Why?"

"I-I don't know Sam, my God, I wish I did. I wish I could take away your pain, and bring her back."

"I-I-I...m-m-miss h-h-her s-s-s-so m-m-much."

"I know you do."

"I love...d her...a-and she'll never know. Why didn't I tell her Daniel? Why did I think I had more than enough time?"

You look at him. "D-don't make the same mistake I-I did."

He looks at you puzzled. "Tell Jack, before its too late."

He smiles at you weakly, but says nothing; you close your eyes and sink further into his shoulder.

After a while, you pull away and look at him. "I'd like to be left alone."

"Sam?"

"Please?"

He looks at you, then nodding his head, removes himself from your bunk, he smiles at you and kiss your forehead. "You know where I am if you need me."

You watch as he closes the door, you stand up and lock the door, making sure that no-one will interrupt, your hand reaches for your key, you bend down and unlock the top drawer.

Your hand tightens around the object, as you take it out, you sit on your bed and look at the object...the 9MM, standard, you know, but it's always been in your drawer just in case.

You bring it up, to your mouth, as you debate on whether or not to use it on yourself. Your eyes close, as you make a decision.

End