Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
321
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,131

The Boy And His Pet

Summary:

Here's my take. (The Pet challenge)

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

The Boy And His Pet
by Paloma Manchada

Illya Kuryakin gazed around his bedroom, pleasantly satisfied to be safely home. He and his partner, Napoleon Solo, had finished their last assignment in relatively good condition. For a change, Napoleon had actually been a bit more battered than the Russian agent, but neither had suffered more than some minor cuts and bruises. It was good to not end an assignment in the infirmary.

Kuryakin stretched luxuriously, enjoying the quiet of his peaceful room. He smiled to himself, ruefully acknowledging to himself the comfort of the warm body curled beside him. He petted the sleek, dark head resting on his t-shirted chest. He was sure that many of his colleagues would never believe this simple, homey sight. He liked dogs and respected cats, and was slightly envious of those he knew who came home to a pet instead of an empty, silent apartment. However, he'd never considered getting a pet; his schedule was so erratic that he could never count on being home two days in a row. Plus, there was the inevitable day when he would never come home again. Illya believed that if one took on the responsibility of another's life, even if it was 'just' a dog or cat, then one had to provide for the creature's care and wellbeing. No, having a pet just had never seemed possible.

A soft snuffle came from his companion in response to his continued slow petting. "Shh, Napoleon. Everything is fine; go back to sleep."

Solo snuggled closer, rubbing his cheek against Illya's soft, cotton shirt as he slipped away to pleasant dreams. Illya watched over him a bit longer as his own fatigue caught up with him. He flipped a sheet over them both against the slow cooling of the room as it darkened with sunset. He could get used to sharing his bed with this new pet.

 

finis

Paloma Manchada c2005

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Paloma Manchada.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.