Actions

Work Header

Changing Faith

Summary:

Romance/General
FRC rated
Faith and Riley. This is my first go at fan fic so it’s quite short. But all criticism is greatly appreciated. Lol.
Warnings: None
Disclaimer: I own none of these fantastic characters, they all belong to Joss Whedon and WB studios.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Changing Faith
By Lindsey's Angel
jenigee@bigpond.net.au or peppilepeu@hotmail.com

 

The music flowed through the Emerald Coin club. People were dancing and talking and having a good time in general.

Except for Faith.

Faith was always alone. She was the school loner, the one that you only went to if you needed help with homework. Whenever she went out, it was always on her own. She had her eye on a guy, but he was one of the popular guys.

In actual fact, he was the most popular jock in school.

And his name was Riley Finn.

He was dancing with his on/off girlfriend, Cordelia Chase, their bodies bumping against each other on the dance floor.

Faith turned away, sipped her diet coke and turned her attention back to the Calculus in front of her.

The question was quickly answered and she turned her attention back to the dance floor and Riley.

To her shock, Riley and Cordelia were arguing!

Suddenly, Cordy slapped his face and stormed off, her groupies trailing behind her like the sheep they were.

Faith smiled to herself. Maybe now she could ask Riley out.

Her smile faded as quickly as it had appeared. As if Riley would ever go out with her.

Just them she heard a voice coming from the table in front of her. She looked down and nearly screamed. Sitting in front of her, on her books, was a small blue fairy, about half the size of a Barbie doll.

"Don't scream! I'm here to help you. My name is Maria." The fairy introduced.

From there, the conversation between the two flowed easily. And just before Faith left to go home, Maria told her that she would bring Faith something to wear that would knock the socks off every guy in school.

Faith smiled weakly at that, before saying goodnight and walked home, silently thinking what the fairy was going to do to her.

 

Next day in the girl's bathrooms before school...

"Maria? I'm not so sure about this." Faith said nervously.

Maria had made Faith wear what she called, LOOK AT ME, clothes.

Instead of the dark haired, green eyed, mousy girl in dreary clothes, horn rimmed glasses and no make up, stood a chestnut haired, green eyed girl in leather pants a midriff top, moderate heels, make up that showed off her cheekbones, and contact lenses.

"Faith. You are sexy as hell. There is no way that he won't notice you. Now then, chin up. And don't fret. Have a good time!" Maria said cheerfully, before disappearing.

"Ok." Faith said to herself.

She tilted her chin up, and walked confidently out of the washroom...and right into Riley!

"Oh, hey I'm sorry...Faith?" Riley said as he helped her up.

"Yeah! Hi! Umm, are you uh... are you ok?" she asked Riley, who was staring at her like he never had before.

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Wow, you've changed."

"Uh, yeah. I decided it was time for a new look." She joked, tucking a stray bit of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah. Hey, I gotta go. See you later." Riley said, running off to join up to his mates.

Faith was in Heaven.

 

The real test for Faiths newfound confidence came later that day before lunch.

Faith hated school Gymnastics. The only reason she liked it was because Riley was in it. Unfortunately, so were his mates and Cordelia and her groupies. What nobody knew though, was that Faith was junior state champion in gymnastics.

So today, instead of refusing to do anything, she wore her training out fit, which consisted of really tight gym shorts, and a sports top.

The teacher, Ms Beck, looked a bit surprised when Faith asked her if she could do some warm up exercises.

Miss Beck said yes.

Faith had just finished her warm up, when Ms Beck called her over. The whole class watched as Ms Beck spoke to Faith.

"Faith. Do you think you could do some demonstrations? You know, just some routines. If you know any that is."

"Sure Ms Beck." Faith said, ignoring the teacher's last comment.

She could hear the sarcasm in Ms Beck's voice, and that made her angry. So instead of doing some simple routines, Faith chose to do the one that she had one the state championship with.

As she walked to the other side of the gymnasium, she heard laughter, and she knew it was Cordelia and her groupies.

Screw them, Faith thought, as she begun, this'll show 'em.

The routine lasted for about 5 minutes, and was filled with incredible turns, flips, twists and somersaults. By the time finished, she was completely out of breath, but she was smiling.

When she had walked back to the rest of the group, she was receiving a standing ovation from everyone except Cordy and her groupies. They were sitting their with their mouths open like goldfish.

Faith stopped in front of them. "Guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover huh." Faith smirked. "Now I'd love to see you try and beat that. Which you won't, because that's what won me the title of junior state champion. So beat that!" and with that Faith turned and walked towards Riley and his mates.

"Wow! Faith, that was amazing! You're just full of surprises today." Riley said.

Faith blushed slightly. "Which part? The gymnastics or me telling Cordy off?"

Riley laughed. "Both."

 

At lunch Faith went to the library, since Riley wasn't ever in the lunchroom, she decided to forego lunch today and finish her homework.

"Oh. Hello Faith."

It was the librarian, Mr. Harris. But he let her call him Xander when no one else was around.

Hey Xander, how's it going?"

"Well, seeing as you're not the only one in here? Things are going very well. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll just go and finish cross referencing these new arrivals."

"Kay. Bye Mr. Harris." Faith said, remembering that someone else was in here and she didn't want to sound rude. She walked to her usual table and dropped her books on the floor when she saw who else was in the library.

It was Riley!

When her books hit the floor Riley jumped.

"Oh. Hey Faith. You kinda scared me." Riley said as he helped her pick up her books.

"You scared me to. I didn't pick you for the library kind of guy." Faith told him as they picked up her books.

Riley blushed. "Can you keep a secret?"

"Yeah. I'm just full of secrets, so one more isn't going to hurt."

"You know how I'm never around at lunch? That's cos I'm always here."

"Oh! Well, don't fret, your secrets safe with me."

"Riley smiled warmly. "Thanks."
They sat down at the table and Faith retrieved her English work and Drama script. Riley saw the script and grinned. "Romeo and Juliet?" he asked, indicating to the script.

Faith looked at him in surprise. "Yeah."

Riley nodded. "Same. Which part did you get burdened with?"

"Juliet. You?"

"Romeo."

"No kidding?!"

"Nup. So what do you say? Wanna practice together?"

Faith grinned. "Sure. When were you thinking?"

"Uh, well. Mr. Harris is usually here early and leaves pretty late. So how about before and after school. Oh and during drama as well."

"Sounds great."

 

They continued working till school ended as they both had a free period last zone. They practiced their lines till Mr. Harris told them to go home so he could lock up.

Riley insisted n walking Faith home.

"You never know who's around at this time of night."

As they walked, Faith found out that Riley was an honors student, and he wanted to be a veterinarian!

"Wow. And your friends don't know about this?"

"No. I kind of never found the courage to tell them." He grinned sheepishly.

"I know just how it feels to not have to courage to tell someone something." Faith said.

"We all do."

Both Riley and Faith jumped at this new voice.

It was Mr. O'Conner, their English Lit teacher! And with him was Maria and another fairy, but this one was male.

"Maria?"

"James?"

Faith and Riley looked at each other.

"You know him?"

"You know her?"

Mr. O'Conner laughed.

Faith and Riley turned their glares on him.

"What the hell's going on?" the demanded.

"So, you've found me out. I'm the one who sent Maria and James to you two.

Well, actually, I got orders for the PTB to get you two together."

At their confused looks Mr. O'Conner sighed. "You are each other's sole mates. But it seems Riley was out of Faiths reach, so we had to lend a hand."

Mr. O'Conner told them the whole story and it was only then that they realized that what they were feeling wasn't teenage hormonal lust, but love. True love. Neither realized they had been walking until they reached Faiths house.

"Well. I'll see you two at school tomorrow. Oh and don't forget your essay's on Matter's o the Heart." He called as he walked away into the night.

When he had disappeared Riley and Faith finally spoke.

"Wow." Riley said.

"Ditto. Major freakage." Faith replied dazedly.

Riley stared at her while she wasn't looking. 'She's the one' he thought.

"Faith?" he said, snapping her out of her daze.

"Yeah Riley?"

"I know we're supposed to be soul mates and all. But what do you say we start at the beginning? Will you go out with me?"

"Yes." Faith grinned.

"Good. Now, most importantly..."

"Yes?"

Riley grinned evilly "Will you be my study buddy?"

They both laughed.

"I'm going to kiss you Riley Finn." Faith said as she slowly pulled his head down to hers.

"And I'm going to let you." Riley murmured, only loud enough for their ears.

Their lips met, and that's when they knew that there really was such thing as true love.

 

Epilogue
22 years later.

"Mom! Angel stole my claggdah ring! The one William gave me!" Elizabeth cried.

"Angel Summers Finn!" Faith yelled.

From upstairs came a boy of 10, in his fist he clutched a silver claggdah ring.

"Yes Mommy?" he said meekly, his mischievous brown eyes shining.

"Why did you take your sisters ring?"

Angel's lower lip trembled. "Cos if she loves William then she won't love me no more."

Elizabeth softened. "That's not true. No matter what happens I will always love you Angel." She said as she hugged him.

Riley had walked in just after Elizabeth's tantrum and said "Family hug."

They all cuddled up, and Elizabeth spoke.

"You're not William Angel. You're you. And that's why I love you."

Faith looked at Riley and smiled. "I love you Riley Finn."

"And I love you too Faith Summers Finn."

Suddenly a gigantic ball of fur flew into them.

They all laughed and said

"We love you to Spike!"

The big St Bernard howled and Faith's life was complete.

 

The End.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author Lindseys Angel.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.