Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2005-05-11
Words:
30,774
Chapters:
23/23
Kudos:
31
Hits:
6,169

Real Life

Summary:

Author’s note:

This is my first LOTR Elrond Fan Fic, so please don’t flame me! All original characters in this story belong to me except for Elrond (but he does own me in a way *wink*) and I am not making a dime off of this story.

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Chapter 1: Prologue

Chapter Text

Prologue

Molly hated her life. She hated her shitty job. She hated the place she lived in and most of all, she hated Christine. Why? Because she moved in and started mooching off of her just like the rest of her dead beat roommates had done, but only she was the worst one of them all. You're wondering why right? Well it all started six months ago. Gene and Molly belonged to a geeky, no let's just say fucked up Star Trek fan club. This was not a club per say but more like a cult and this was where Christine came into the picture.

You see Christine was a right wing Christian wacko who still lived with her parents while she was still in her mid 30's. Never had kids, never married and had more hair on her face than any normal man should. And she wondered why she was single. But the real trouble didn't start until Christine made herself at home one day and never left.

Now, Molly had been a LOTR geek all her life and she wasn't going to hide it. But when Christine turned Gene on to Jesus, things changed between them. Gene got more verbally abusive towards Molly and even went as far as trashing some of her Lord Of The Rings memorabilia, which included her books in hardcover, her collectable DVDs of all three films and even her action figures. In his mind, these things did have a place in their home if they were going to married and lead a Godly life (and yes he did his best to convert her, even though she was a devout Wiccan for many years). During his little Godly cleansing, she did manage to save Elrond and hide him in a place where Gene couldn't find him.

For the next six months Molly worked her ass off to keep a roof over their heads. She even cooked and cleaned as well as put in 8 hour or longer days while he and Christine sat around the house reading their bibles. Finally she switched jobs and started working for a prestigious security company. Sure the pay was a little better than her shitty restaurant job but the hours sucked. She of course, would start on grave yard. And her first assignment would be in a Sci-Fi Fantasy wax museum.

She worked the front desk did checks every hour upon the hour, but her favorite place to hang out was the Lord Of The Rings wax exhibit. To her it was the most calming place on the whole site. But if she could she would stare the statue of Elrond for hours. She was amazed at how life like he looked. In a way she kind of wished he were real.

Work was Molly's only escape from home especially since one morning she had come home to find Gene and Christine in bed together. They would deny everything but Molly was no fool. But yet she felt so whipped that she let them stay and suck her dry. Every time she would do her rounds at work, she would stare the wax statue of Elrond. Sometimes she would even talk to him because he seemed like a good listener.

"I swear you are the only one who understands me Elrond, too bad you're not alive." She sighed.