Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
383
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,203

ABC

Summary:

Pairing: Percy Weasley/Oliver Wood
Rating:FRT-13
Summary: From friends to lovers in 26 sentences.
Notes: Challenge on POWSN where each line had to start with the next letter of the alphabet.

Work Text:

ABC
by thelovemutt

 

All my years at Hogwarts, I've just known we were meant to be together. Because of what I thought was his indifference to my feeling though, I hadn't been able to tell him the truth. Constantly, my devotion for him would be on my mind, but I'd push it to the side and turn my mind to more platonic thoughts. Despite my efforts, I couldn't get him off of my mind. Eventually, he found out.

Finishing Quidditch practice always put him in another state of mind, as if he's hogged the hookah. Glad, recklessly glad, was how the natural rush of endorphins made him feel, and I'd vowed never to take advantage of him in this almost inebriated state of mind. However, I soon found myself loosing control to my desire. Inebriated was how *I* felt when I saw him undress from his Quidditch robes. Just as my eyes followed a trail of sweat down his shapely legs, he turned at caught me at my gratuitous leering. Kaught! Looking away, I tried to hide my face. My cheeks were flushed. Not only that, but other parts of my body seemed to have accumulated extra blood as well. Oh, I was so ashamed. Perhaps it was contagious and he'd caught it from boarding with me, or, maybe it was the way he was raised, but it turned out that he was gay as well. Queer!

Renunciation on both our parts had been a foolish waste of time, as the feelings I had for him were mutual. Serious conversation took up much of our time that night, as we tried to right the wrong of staying apart for so long.

Transformation from a friendship kind of relationship to true love took more than that one night however. Unappealing was the thought of an instant intimate relationship. Valid as our feelings are, they still need time to grow. We're still working on it thought, and I think we've almost found our on little piece of Shangri-La. X-ing the line that stands between friendship and love was well worth it though. "Yammering away in your journal again?" asks Oliver. Zealously I finish my writing, then I move to join Oliver in bed.

 

end