Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Character:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
482
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
11
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
941

RollerSkating 1:Wheelies

Summary:

Summary: Umm AU snippet that takes place at the beginning of Season 5
Pre-slash.
*Slashy* N/Gil

Work Text:

Wheelies
by Heather Exhume

The day did not start out well for Gil Grissom. One of his twice a year migraines had hit the night before and traces still lingered making his head feel too small and his eyes too large for his head. Then there had been a budget meeting and having to put up with Ecklie and finances which had not helped matters. So it was pretty safe to say that the stranger in the break room caught him off guard. Though it probably had more to do with appearance. It wasn't often that Grissom felt an instant attraction to anyone, but with his guard down the movie star looks of the stranger combined with the warmth he seemed to exude through his smile and his laugh and Grissom was floored.

Greg who was also sitting at the table hurriedly got up, nervously rubbing his right leg, "Grissom this is Nick Stokes, the tech that's taking over for me." Even though it wasn't a question the hesitation in Greg's voice made it seem more like a question.

Nick extended his hand over the table, Grissom slowly reached over to shake, but it was awkward with the table in the way. It seemed odd that Nick didn't just stand up and make things easier. Grissom realized how off he was feeling, and still reeling a bit he fought to regain control of himself and the situation. The fastest way was to do an about face.

"I hope you aren't looking to eventually get out in the field." Ignoring Greg who was violently making no motions, Grissom plowed forward. "It has been quite a bit work to deal with Greg's quarter life crisis."

Nick smirked at bit at a joke that Grissom didn't get and somehow he felt that he hadn't regained control of anything. "Don't worry I'll be quite happy to just stay in the DNA lab."

Greg's eyes shifted away from Grissom's in embarrassment or shock or both. He walked past Grissom and mumbled something about showing Nick the locker room. Grissom followed Greg with his eyes so when he turned back to Nick he was shocked to see the man rolling up beside him in a wheel chair. It hit him instantaneously about what he had said and what he was seeing and how the two would never fit. He felt heat rise to his face and realized that he was *blushing* with embarrassment. Something that hadn't happened since that night in college where he had been caught in a compromising position. Nick seemed to pick up on this and waved his hand carelessly, "don't worry about it. You didn't know. Besides," Nick leaned back in the wheelchair popping up on two wheels, "I can get this bad boy up 22.4." He set the two front wheels back down and rolled after Greg, "Hey Greggo wait up."

 

end