Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-09-05
Words:
17,466
Chapters:
8/8
Kudos:
11
Hits:
3,855

Help With Chemistry

Summary:

Dom needs help with ‘chemistry’ for an audition ---Christine Astin volunteers Orlando/Elijah & Colin Farrell to help him out. Discovery of attractions ensue--kissing, & groping commences.
Notes: First, this takes place (in an unspecified time), after Rings trilogy. Colin Farrell and Orlando Bloom met during one of the LoTR premiers; becoming fast friends�a friendship that quickly included other fellowship cast members.

Chapter 1: part 1

Chapter Text

Dom clasped his hands tight to stop himself from fidgeting, took a deep breath and rambled his apologies to Chris begging her that she?d explain it to her husband Sean.

Chris stood smiling as she watched her daughter Ally jumped around racing between Orli, Colin and Elijah demanding their attention forcing them to try and catch her in her own version of tag. Turning away from the sliding doors she stared at Dom confused by his request and asked, ?What, but why? You?d be perfect for the role Dom.?

?I can?t, I just can?t. They want chemistry, steamy hot stuff---That?s not me?not with him?.? Dom spat venomously biting his bottom lip looking no more contrite than her seven year old.

Chris studied her friend trying to see through Dom?s fa硤e hoping that this had more to do with his inexperience with guys and of intimate relationships on screen than anything else. She knew it was easier for him to play the sidekick, a devious villain, or the comic relief. But now Dom had a shot as a romantic lead.

Smiling to herself Chris realized Gale probably wasn?t whom Dom originally envisioned when he first thought of a romantic lead partner, but rather some hot starlet. It was so much easier for actresses; lesbian roles seemed to be in vogue in Hollywood these days, and it only added to their fame and box-office bankability. For actors it was something else altogether. They still carried public stigmas if they played a role with any physical relationship beyond holding hands or hugging on screen. She had come to the conclusion that the public, or Hollywood itself on screen was homophobic. Unless the actor was walking within the boundaries of stereotypes of a humorous flaming queen with all implied sexuality delivering the punch-lines, or a victim of HIV ?in the industries you rarely saw anything more, but especially not on TV in the States. A nervous thought occurred to her, one she believed she knew the answer but needed to hear his response anyways. ?You?re not homophobic are you?

?No!? Dom declared firmly before stammering, ?I just----I haven?t?.

Chris smiled, relieved, before looking back out the sliding glass door to the giggling sounds of Ally, as she tried to wiggle her way free from Elijah and Orli as they started to walk her back to the house.

Facing Dom again she gathered his hands in hers, squeezing them in comfort then tighter making him look at her. ?Dom, you?re an actor, a very good actor, and this is a great role. I know I?m biased; you?re a good friend.? Dom looked down shyly from her sincere praise. Her thumbs caressed the back of his palms nudging him to look back at her once again as she continued, ?And yes it?s one of my favorite shows, and I?m happily sleeping with their newest director.? They both chuckled at that before she solemnly added, ?Besides all that, I really think this would be a great opportunity for you.?

Dom nodded, ?I know, and its not that I?m not grateful, but I don?t think I can do it? Dom looked down embarrassed then added in a smaller voice, ?I?m not a homophobe, but the kissing, the explicitness, the sexual intimacy they show---what they expect??

Chris hugged Dom seeing how nervous and scared he was, and whispered, ?It?s ok Dommie.? Squeezing him tight before releasing him, ?But please go Monday, try---maybe you really won?t have any chemistry, and if they don?t see it for themselves you can always decline after. I know for a fact it was just as bad for most of them when they started---especially Gale and Hal. From what I understand both are straight and they both had major intimate scenes first day of shooting. Hell Gale has at least one hot and heavy scene once an episode.?

?You know that doesn?t comfort me as much since I?d be playing opposite him.? Dom pouted.

?It?s just an audition, Dom. No contracts or changing your own life choices.? Glancing out the door she saw the guys approaching and had an idea that even Sean would be proud of. She bit the insides of her cheeks to keep from bursting out laughing as she turned back toward Dom, but quickly made herself busy collecting her daughter?s things and stated clearly just as they guys were within hearing distance, ?Dom, I think what you need is some rehearsal time before your audition.? Turning toward the door she addressed the rest of her babysitters, ?maybe one of these fine actors could help you rehearse??

Dom?s eyes widened in shock; he couldn?t believe she just bamboozled him by saying that in front of Elijah, and Orli with Ally dangling between them and Colin fucking Farrell trailing up just behind them. Sean he could believe he was a manipulative control freak, but sweet Christina, sainted mother of two even sweeter pint size munchkins. Now he knew for certain, saint she wasn?t, but rather truly Sean?s perfect match.

?Rehearse? You got an audition?? Elijah enthusiastically asked.

?Yes he does, Monday at 9:00 a.m.? Chris said as she knelt to help Ally tie her shoes. Once she was done she looked up waiting expectantly.

Dom stared in wonder; the devilish look was gone, and the sweet sainted mother and friend returned. Her eyes shone with sincerity and hope. Chris? concern was palpable; Dom knew Sean put his neck on the line by requesting Dom in the first place. Though he was a bastard he believed in Dom for the role, and Sean had just started directing a few of the episodes. The role itself wasn?t small, but a very riveting part, one that was pivotal; a role that extended for twelve out of the twenty-two episodes for the show?s last season. And the fact that he?d also get to play opposite Aidan Gillen and Craig Kelly when they reprised their original roles of Stuart and Vincent from the original British adaptation to help send out the Yank?s version in the last half of the season---didn?t hurt. It also meant the publicity was going to be big in the States and UK.

Dom hated to admit it to anyone, but he missed the attention. After Rings and deciding to work on the movie script with Billy, things had died down. Roles and scripts trickled down, but each was in a way a castoff to Merry. Passing on those roles left him with a lot of free time to work on a script that was going nowhere fast, and left him little to do other play cheer to his mates. Watching everyone from the sidelines--especially Orlando-- shoot to fame so quickly with one role after another pained him. Each had movie deals their fame growing beyond the Ring. Everyone but his---he was still stuck as Merry, and had trouble shaking the image.

Silence hung in the air as Chris waited anxiously for Dom?s answer.

Shrugging his shoulders in defeat Dom nodded, ?yeah 9:00, Monday.?

Chris quickly stood and hugged him as she added a kiss. ?Don?t worry you?ll be fine---you?re very good. Now I got a run. Thanks again guys.? Looking down at Ally as she grabbed her daughter?s things, ?Come on sweetie we gotta go, Grandma?s waiting for us.? Chris didn?t give her daughter a chance to do more than wave good-bye as she rushed out the door, the yelled out, ?Call me, and Dom, ?break a leg?.?