Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
230
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,353

When Darkness Falls ...

Summary:

I'm currently uploading the lists off YG onto my computer, finding long lost treasures in the archives of these lists...that said, I wrote this awhile back, posted it to creativewriters on YG but don't think it ever made it to the archive, heck I even forgot I wrote something like this, how hinky is that?
anyway, thought I'd dust it off and share it with the journal here. Its a freestyle writing, very dark...

Work Text:

When Darkness Falls ...
By PEJA

Night follows day as death follows life. An ending and a beginning.

Time for the creatures of the night to rise. In the forests, the hunters come out. The peaceful creatures scurry into their caves, their burrows, their safe zones.

In the city, the creatures of the night come out. The hunters glide through the concreate forests, following the scent of blood. Of danger. The creatures of peace cower in their personal cages, behind locked doors and barred windows. That which was once reserved for the evil now protect the innocent.

Yellow moon. Red Moon. Silver moon. Each color sets a mood in those who roam the darkness. Happiness. Danger. Love. The moon tells it's story in song and in myth.

The night closes down, getting its fangs into the world. And the supernatural fears reach out to tease the imaginations of the fearful.

Vampires stalk behind the curtains, waiting to be invited in. Werewolves stalk the parks in the guise of human predators. Death comes in different guises as the killing hour approaches.

Passes.

The creatures of destruction begin to creep back into thier dark, dank retreats, hiding from the coming dawn... the gentle beings who had hidden from the blackness

And the sun peeps up, bringing a rainbow of beauty, lighting the coming of day...And the rebirth of life.

 

end