Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 4 of Finding Home
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
830
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,561

Its Good To Be Home. (Finding Home 4)

Summary:

This is a short piece in continuation of the Finding Home stories that is a moment in the lives of B'Elanna and Seven, and their children.

Work Text:

Its Good To Be Home.

"Uhhh!" B'Elanna exclaimed as she flopped down onto the sofa, she had just pulled triple shifts.

Seven hadn't had it any easier as she came out of the girls' room with her hair frizzled and limp along her face.

B'Elanna smiled affectionately at her and sighed, "rough night with the girls?"

Seven gave her a dirty look and blew hard through her teeth, "yes. Charles went to bed easily, however; Katie refused to do her homework, Nikki wouldn't eat dinner because 'she doesn't eat vegetables anymore,' and Misty threw a fit when Charles took Toby from her and then she fell asleep for merely an hour only to wake up sick and crying so loudly that the rest of the children woke."

B'Elanna had the decency to look sheepish and worried about her poor wife who had definitely had it worse then she had. "Sit down, honey, let me rub your back."

Seven sighed and plopped down on the floor between B'Elanna's spread legs leaning back against her wife's warmth.

B'Elanna smiled down at Seven's tangled mass of blond hair and noticed one perfectly gray hair sprouting from the part. B'Elanna ran her fingers threw that soft blond mane before cupping her neck and gently rotating Seven's head loosening her wife with messaging thumbs and a warm hand.

Sighing Seven leaned further back into B'Elanna's warm embrace as the warm gentle hands moved down her neck rubbing in slow circler motions down to and across her shoulders.

Breathing deeply in the calm of the moment B'Elanna spoke softly into Seven's ear. "Move forward." Seven complied.

B'Elanna slid off the couch to sit behind Seven on the floor of their quarters that was absent the standard issue coffee table, for the children's safety, and continued her massage.

As B'Elanna continued the massage Seven slowly relaxed into her arms until her long elegant back was rested upon the soft curves of B'Elanna's front while she softly snored and B'Elanna smiled happily resting her head along side Seven's and fell asleep.

 

Miral Torres-Paris walked into the darkness of her mothers' quarters in surprise; usually Seven was up by now preparing breakfast and hoping that Misty wouldn't wake. "Computer lights."

B'Elanna and Seven both moaned loudly and Miral's eyes widened in surprise when she saw her mothers sitting there on the floor, eyes crusted and looking of a not so goodnight's sleep.

Miral rushed to the sitting their side. "Are you okay?"

B'Elanna laughed and growled out, "Computer lights to half."

Seven smiled as the lights went down, "Yes, sweetheart, were fine we just had a rough night with the girls."

Miral nodded her young head, "why didn't you call me you know I'd help?"

Seven smiled, "Because you should be enjoying your youth and it was quite awful here I would not want you to experience Misty when she's that sick."

Miral's eyes bulged, "Misty was sick?" She shook her head, "was it explosive?"

B'Elanna laughed. "You could say that."

Seven leaned forward and looked back at B'Elanna with a raised brow. "And how would you know miss I spent the night in engineering cleaning out Jeffrey's tubes?"

"Seven it was my night in engineering; you could have called you know I would have come home." B'Elanna answered frowning.

Seven lowered her head. "Yes, I know. I wanted you to enjoy your shifts in engineering, I over heard you speaking to Harry about how much you missed the days of all nighters in our engine room and I wanted you to be able to have that. Besides, you would not have wanted to be here, it was quite unpleasant."

B'Elanna pulled Seven back into her arms. "Honey, you and your sanity are far more important to me that engineering any day. Call me next time, I want to be with you."

Seven nodded and relaxed back into B'Elanna's arms, "I know, I'm sorry."

B'Elanna smiled shaking her head. "You don't have to be sorry, you didn't do anything wrong, just don't let yourself suffer alone next time."

Seven smiled softly and sighed in contentment.

Miral watched this in amusement before walking to the replicator smiling. "I'll fix breakfast this morning why don't you two go get cleaned up."

B'Elanna and Seven smiled in unison at Miral's newly developed mature adult routine and went off to do just that as their eldest daughter ordered.

Series this work belongs to: