Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,484
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
4
Hits:
1,270

If I Die Tomorrow

Summary:

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters I only use them. Some of the later part of this story was inspired by the song "If I Die Tomorrow" by Motley Crue but only a line or two was stole in the process.
Pairing: Harry/Draco mention of a F/F pairing
Rating: PG maybe PG-13 at the most.
Warning: This is my first ever Harry Potter Fic and my first M/M fic, I wrote it for my sister but decided to share so bear with me.

Work Text:

If I Die Tomorrow
By Ezrilover

The dungeon door swung open and Dumbledore stepped through. Snape's head rose from his reading and the students of his upper level potions class looked up from their potions work.

Harry's smile fell when he saw Dumbledore.

"Mr. Potter, would you please come with me." There was darkness in Dumbledore's normally twinkling eyes.

Harry looked to Hermione briefly before turning back to Dumbledore. "Yes, sir"

Snape's brow rose and he dismissed Harry with a flick of his wrist, "You may go Potter." `I wonder what the git did now.' Just as he finished that thought he felt that familiar tingle in his forearm.

Hermione watched silently as Harry left the room and just as she turned back to their work she noticed Snape's face fall.

"Class is dismissed you are all to vanish your potions and return to your common rooms at once."

The war had begun.

 

Later that night after hours of meetings Harry came back to his room to pack quietly as his mates slept.

Sighing Harry got up from his bed and took a set at his desk.

Dear Hermione,

The War has begun and I must go where I am needed. Please say goodbye to Ron for me and give the letter I have enclosed to
Draco.

Thank you Hermione.

I love you all,
Harry Potter

 

Hermione woke the next morning to find an envelope tacked to her dormitory door. Written across the envelope was her first name in Harry Potter's messy scrawl. Hermione sighed and whispered to herself, "So the end has come" before un-tacking the letter and going back to her room to read it privately.

Sitting on her bed crying Hermione looked down at the letter addressed to Draco, "at least he's finally going to tell him how he feels." Hermione sighed and wiped her eyes on the sleeve of her sweater before standing and straightening her uniform. Time to put on a brave front the first years can't know what's going on.'

 

Hermione left the common room to find a particularly young Slitherin loitering in the halls. "What are you doing here?"

The young boy smirked, "Draco told me to wait here and report to him if the Golden boy returned."

"And where is Draco this morning?" Hermione asked crossing her arms over her chest.

"Having is breakfast." The boy stated leaning back into the wall for a long stay.

"Just how long are you going to be waiting her for Harry to return?" Hermione asked with a raised brow.

"Until he does." The boy stated nonchalantly.

"Have fun with that then, if you cause any trouble I'll have you knocking erasers for a year." Hermione said gruffly more then a little irritated by the boy's blind following of Draco's every command.

Hermione turned on her heel and made her way to the great hall noticing on the way how silent the halls were and how the only people she noticed in them were fifth years and younger.

On the door to the great hall, which was abnormally closed, a notice was posted.

New School Rule

Sixth and Seventh Years to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner one hour later then normally appointed time to allow for added time in class.

Hermione smiled but then frowned a bit realizing that the rest of the sixth and seventh years were going to be horrible about having extra class time. Hermione took notice of the time and entered the great hall to find two row of tables instead of the normal five. The staff table was where it normally sat but the students' table sat opposite it with all the students seated facing their teachers.

Hermione took a seat between Ron and Ginny just as Dumbledore stood to address the students.

"As some of you may have guessed the war has begun. As such we the teachers have decided that it would be best if the underclassmen knew as few of the gruesome details as possible and that is one of the reasons behind this change of schedule. The other of course it that each of you will be spending an extra thirty minutes in each of your classes practicing those things that your professor have decided will be most beneficial to you should you ever have to fight in this war. Thank you. Enjoy your meal."

Hermione nodded before looking over to Ron and touching her wand under the table to cast a secret telling spell that would make it so that Ron and Ginny would be the only ones to hear her. "Harry left a note." They both looked at her and nodded in a subdued way. "He said that he had to do what was required of him and to tell you all that he loves you." They both nodded again with tears brimming in their eyes, though Ron would have denied it if anyone had noticed. "He also gave me a letter to give to Draco." Two sets of eyes widened slightly and rather loudly Ron said, "Finally." Before turning red in the face and shoveling food in his mouth. Ginny laughed at him and nodded to Hermione silently before she too returned to her meal.

When the meal was finished the sixth and seventh years milled about together discussing the war, the room was suddenly without house separations even the Slytherins, those who hadn't dropped out over the summer, spoke with the Gryffindors as equals and not rivals.

Hermione made her way over to the platinum blond that much to her surprise was talking to Neville Longbottom, "Draco we need to talk."

Draco turned in his highbred way and raised an eyebrow, "Fine Granger." He stepped away from Neville and followed Hermione to a quiet corner of the room. "What is it now Granger did I not dot a I in my last report for McGonagall's class?"

"I've got a letter for you."

"Really, Granger you're cute and all but I don't swing that way."

"Its not from me you git. Its from Harry."

Draco's eyes widened before he snatched the letter from her hand and muttered, "Thank you, Hermione."

Hermione was shocked, Draco had never called her by her name even after it had become clear that he wasn't going to be the Death Eater his father wanted him to be.

Draco turned around to read the letter.

 

Dear Draco,

If I died tomorrow would I have said all I needed to say?
No I never told you...
That I love you in every way,
I never told you that I see our lives entwined.
I never told you that you are the reason for my life,
The reason I'm still sane.
You make me feel so alive
You ground me
Without you I would die.
I never told you I'd gave you my heart and I never got to say the things I needed to say.
There was so much wasted and it all went so fast

If I died tomorrow would I have said all I needed to say? I would have loved you anyway.
If I die tomorrow...

Draco you are the man that I love and you are my reason for living. I give you my heart and just to know that you have read this letter makes what I have to do easier. For you alone I fight. For your future I go to destroy Voldermort and if I die tomorrow I have said the things I needed to say.

Love,
Harry Potter

Draco finished the letter and sighed as tears ran down his cheeks, "I can't believe the git never told me how he felt."

Hermione laughed quietly, "we'll I didn't see you down on your knees either." Hermione laughed again. "You have no idea how blind Harry can be he had no idea that you loved him too. He thought that you hated him." Hermione paused for a moment and smiled slightly, "I thought you did too. I guess we're all surprised when it comes to love."

Draco smiled, "that's right I haven't congratulated you on your engagement to Weasley yet, never say that coming. But I have to say I think you make a good couple."

Hermione smiled happily, "Thank you Draco I'll tell Ginny you said so." Hermione smiled coyly at Draco, "So are you going to tell him how you feel when he gets back?"

Draco smiled evilly, "No I think I'll show him."

Hermione laughed quietly and smiled again, "Good now that that's taken care of I think I'll get back to my own love life."

Draco smiled cockily, "You do that Granger."

 

end