Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Series:
Part 1 of The Circle Game
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
519
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
18
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,530

The Circle Game

Summary:

Fandom: XFiles
Pairing: Mulder/Krycek
Rating: PG
Summary: A visitor at the door
Note: this was written for the XFilesFic Live Journal improv. Words and phrases are 1)Disgrace, 2) Sleep on it, 3) rampant rage, 4) it sucks because, 5) fragile and 6) lets agree on an easy out clause

Work Text:

The Circle Game
by PEJA
peja1956@yahoo.com
http://www.wwomb.org

Fandom: XFiles

Pairing: Mulder/Krycek

Rating: PG

Summary: A visitor at the door

Note: this was written for the XFilesFic Live Journal improv. Words and phrases are 1)Disgrace, 2) Sleep on it, 3) rampant rage, 4) it sucks because, 5) fragile and 6) lets agree on an easy out clause

 

"What the ....?"

Seeing Kyrcek leaning weakly against his doorframe, his head bent low to hide the usually smirking face, like a fragile flower broken in a vicious windstorm had something twisting in Mulder's gut.

"Had ....nowhere else to...go." Krycek's voice was tight, rasping, as if a hand held his neck in a strangehold. He rolled his head up, using the doorframe to support the slight weight of his head.

Mulder's eyes widened, locked on the rope burns around Krycek's throat. A rampant rage coursed through his blood, leaving him shaking.

"Mis...mistake," Krycek started to turn away. His legs wobbled under him once, twice, and his body pitched forward.

Mulder scooped him against his chest before he could hit the ground. Krycek's head rolled around to settle face against the other man's hard breast.

"Never pictured myself as the Rhett Butler type," Mulder murmured, carrying his burden through the door and kicking the door shut. Moving quickly, before he could give it a thought, he strode to his bedroom and laid the battered man down on the mattress.

Krycek's dull emerald gaze lifted. "Aren't you worried ....'bout the disgrace....Spender might find out you had me in your...bed."

Mulder slanted him an amused glance. "You think?"

"They..." his hand lifted to his throat. "the rope snapped....Think they....planned it....Send me a...lesson."

Mulder laid a finger over Krycek's pale lips. "Don't talk now."

Krycek rolled away from the fingers. "This sucks...because..."

"Shhh...."

Krycek's fingers caught up Mulder's hand clinging to him. "...Used to dream....being here....your bed....your arms....Too late." His eyes quivered, fighting the numbing bliss of sleep. "Too late."

Startled by the semi-conscious confession, Mulder rocked back on his heels.

Krycek wanted to be in his bed. To... Ah, Jesus, did they dare?

"How about we see what tomorrow brings," he whispered, brushing a whisper soft kiss over Krycek's brow.

The injured man's eyes snapped open and is lips moved silently.

"Let me sleep on it, okay?"

Krycek's eyes shimmered with unshed tears and he nodded.

"No promises, Krycek....In the morning, if you still want to be in my bed...on a permanent basis, we'll talk...but for tonight, lets agree on an easy out clause."

The tears broke and raced down Krycek's pale cheeks. "Easy....out..."

Mulder's smile was brilliant. He might have given the man the option to refuse, but he knew deep down there would be no out.

He had chased Krycek until the wily assassin had finally caught him, and Mulder wasn't letting this little trophey fall off the shelf

end

Series this work belongs to: