Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,413
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
1
Kudos:
8
Bookmarks:
1
Hits:
1,477

Secrets Undone Book II

Summary:

Sequel to Secrets Undone.

Work Text:

Title: Secrets Undone Book II
Author: QueenH
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: None
Summary: Sequel to Secrets Undone; Did Jack survive? Will SG-1 be reunited? What will happen during Harry's next term at Hogwart's? Keep reading and all your questions will be answered.
Feedback: Please!! The more I get, the faster I'll be able to put out another chapter.
Distribution: www.geocities.com/akaqueenh ; anywhere else just ask me first
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the main characters. If I did I certainly wouldn't be writing about them.
Notes: I highly recommend reading the first part of this story before trying to read this one. If you haven't read Secrets Undone beforehand, you will be seriously confused. Of course the choice is yours, but you have been warned.

Chapter 1

Everything around him seemed oddly familiar as he walked alone through the forest. The sound of a child's laughter drew him forward and he sped up trying to find out who the sound was coming from. The laughter seemed to be calling to him as he got closer to its source. Finally he stopped in front of a tall oak tree and scanned the area. As he spun around he came face to face with what he was sure was a ghost.

"Hi!" The cheery voice matched the smile that came with it and Jack froze in place as he looked down at the small boy before him.

"Charlie? Is that really you?" He reached down tentatively letting his fingers brush through the boy's hair.

"Sort of. I'm really only in your mind. That's where all this is." Charlie waved his arms around at their surroundings and Jack blinked in confusion.

"What happened? All I remember is seeing the dementors attacking Harry and Siri-" Jack paused just long enough to cover his mouth in horror. "Oh my god! What happened to Harry? Is he alright?"

He was frantic, but Charlie's hand on his calmed him. "Harry's fine and so is Sirius. At least they are for now."

For a moment Jack let his breathing go back to normal and then looked down into his son's eyes. There was a solemn tone in his voice as he spoke. "It was me the dementors got wasn't it?"

"In a manner of speaking, yes...but not quite the way you think. They didn't take your soul, but they did try."

Jack watched the way the boy smiled so casually and he sighed not sure he understood what he was being told. "Then what happened?"

"The dementors did try to take your soul, but Daniel called the unicorns, and they helped protect you."

"Daniel called them?" Jack brought his hand up to his now aching head and let out a deep breath.

Charlie laughed softly causing Jack to look up. The boy was smiling as his eyes motioned for Jack to turn around. Curiously Jack did so and was surprised to see a silvery white unicorn walking proudly towards them.

"Apparently they seem to like you, Dad."

Jack heard Charlie speak, but he was mesmerized by the creature in front of him, and he didn't respond. The unicorn bowed its head once it was a few feet from Jack and Charlie and both of them nodded back.

"Hello Jack." The unicorn's mouth never moved but the soft female voice definitely came from the majestic creature. "It is time."

"Time for what?" Jack asked, the confusion clear in his voice.

"To go home, Dad."

"Home? I don't understand."

Charlie motioned for Jack to follow as he reached out to touch the main of the unicorn and began to moved deeper into the forest.

"All will become clear in time, Jack." The creature's words made no sense to him, but he stayed just behind them as they moved forward.
As they walked Jack noticed that the trees began disappearing and were replaced by images from Jack's past. He could see his childhood, his life as a husband and father, then his battles with the goa'uld, and going through the stargate. Stumbling forward he let the memories wash over him, lowering his head when it finally became too much.

"Calm yourself." The unicorn's voice brought him back, as she let her head touch Jack's arm and slowly he looked up at her.

"I don't understand what's going on. Why am I seeing all this?"

"Going home is never easy."

Jack stared blankly at the unicorn, her response being far from what he had hoped for. "What exactly do you mean by 'home'?"

"Come Jack. You will see."

"Yeah Dad. It'll all make sense soon." Charlie's smiling face made Jack nod and he took the boy's hand as he reached it out to him and they began to walk again.

The images continued to go by and he did his best to avoid them. They walked for what seemed like ages and when they stopped Jack glanced around trying to figure out just where they were.

"There are things you've yet to do, Jack...things we need for you to finish." The unicorn's voice had changed and was more forceful than it had been before.

With a confused glare Jack shrugged his shoulders. "What are you talking about?"

"Do you recognize this place?"

Jack looked around as the grass at his feet turned to sand and the trees disappeared and were replaced by a small hut. The straw on the roof of the hut was blowing gently in the wind and a few strands drifted to the ground as he stepped closer to get a better look.

"I've...been here before." The unicorn nodded and Jack reached out for the door and pulled it open. "This place was in dream I once had."

"We know, Dad. It was the dream that sent you to the Centaurs when you were younger." Glancing over at his son, Jack nodded and then stepped inside the hut, followed by Charlie and the unicorn.

"I don't understand what all this is about."

"You were brought here to keep you safe. This is the safe haven of your mind. The Centaurs helped you create this place so that none of HIS servants could harm you." Jack didn't need to ask who the unicorn meant, the venom in her voice could only mean one person.

"I don't get it. How is this...place...supposed to help me? Keep me safe from Voldemort?"

The unicorn sighed and raised a hoof towards the window at the far end of the hut. Slowly Jack went towards it, but paused before looking out.

"Go on. Take a look, Jack. See what's been going on while you've been here." Reluctantly, Jack did as the unicorn instructed and looked out the window.

Through it he saw strange images of his friends and family struggling to help him. He could see Sirius going into hiding, and Remus doing what he could to help. Albus was keeping watch over Harry, while the boy worried about the uncle and godfather he'd just met. Then Jack saw Daniel and the rest of his team. They were desperately hoping that he would come back soon. Even General Hammond seemed worried that he would be gone from them forever.

"Why am I seeing all this?"

The unicorn moved closer and moved her head so that Jack's hand was rested on her mane. "I wanted you to be ready when you returned to them. They've been keeping watch over you for months now. Even Firenze doesn't know why you haven't awoken yet."

"This still makes no sense to me." Jack looked from the unicorn to Charlie and back, but neither of them responded for several seconds. To his surprise it was Charlie that answered back.

"It will once we've told you what you need to know."

The images in the window began to speed by and it was as though he was watching a movie with every important person in his life as the main characters, only he seemed to be missing. Each event that had occurred in the last few months was spinning around in his view and he felt almost as if he were experiencing them himself. Suddenly it was as though a light bulb went off in his mind, and it all began to make some sense. He could see a clearer picture of things. He knew what his part would be in the times to come, and he knew it was time for him to go back.

tbc...