Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Characters:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Completed:
2004-07-05
Words:
10,675
Chapters:
10/10
Comments:
1
Kudos:
34
Hits:
5,691

The Hot Chicks

Summary:

If you've seen the movie with this title, you can guess what happens in this story. *Minor* squick alert (for our male readers!).

Chapter 1: Those Two Are Really Asking For It

Chapter Text

"All I'm saying is that I think they're making too big a deal over it, that's all."

"I do not think so, Major Healey," Jeannie replied patiently. "I think they are perfectly within their rights to aspire for more than they already have," she said, quoting from what she'd heard on the television.

A curious Major Anthony Nelson peered out from his kitchen into the living room, where Jeannie and Roger were watching TV. The two of them were intent on the news program, a late-night broadcast that was evidently inciting some controversy, not just between them but wherever the incident was occurring.

"What's going on?" asked Tony, after coming back with a glass of orange juice. He glanced at the television screen; it showed a group of young people, mostly women, holding signs and banners. "What's got you two so stirred up? Another anti-war protest?"

"No, Master -- Major Healey does not think that there is anything wrong with how women are treated in your 'modern' society," Jeannie said, folding her arms. "He does not think that they should be concerned that they are not paid well for their work, or that it is difficult for them to advance when they do work or if they go on to higher education. That is what these people are demonstrating for."

"That's not what I said," Roger tried to explain. "I meant that most of the time women have it a lot easier than men, so they shouldn't get so worked up over things like that."

She shook her head. "Do you see what I am dealing with, Master?" Jeannie asked in exasperation.

"Well Jeannie," Tony said, trying to be the mediator. "I understand why you might think the way you do, but I can see Roger's point. There are a lot of things that are much easier for women than men."

"Yeah," said Roger. "Look at it this way." he began ticking off his points on his fingers. "Women don't have to worry about asking someone out on a date, they don't have to pay for the date once they're on it, they don't have to work after they get married-"

"And taking care of their house and their children and their husband does not count as work?"

"Well.not exactly," said Tony apologetically. "Look, Jeannie, I know how hard women work to keep their homes and families happy -- I remember how my mother used to do it -- but in our culture staying at home and watching the kids just doesn't compare to going out and earning a living."

"So this is why you take his side," Jeannie said, with narrowed eyes. "You think that women do nothing all day while their husbands go off to work."

"Now you know that's not what I meant, Jeannie."

"Yeah, why are you getting so worked up about this?" asked Roger. "It's not like you came from a time where women were treated all that differently."

"It is precisely that reason," she countered. "You like to think how advanced you all are, but really your time is not that different from mine."

"But Jeannie, things are changing. I mean, it was only about fifty years ago when women couldn't vote, and they were expected to wear corsets when they went out.I don't know about you, but those things looked pretty uncomfortable to me." He smiled at her, trying to cajole her into dropping the subject. "C'mon.why don't you forget about all this, and tomorrow we can take a drive to the beach, and spend the whole day there.just you and me. What do you say?"

For a moment, Jeannie looked like she was about to continue her argument; then her expression slowly turned into a smile. "That would be wonderful, Master," she said, a little too sweetly. "In fact, I think I will be going to bed early, so I will be ready to make an early start of it."

Tony was relieved, and thankful that the promise of a day together seemed to have gotten her past her irritation. "You do that, Jeannie."

"Y'know, I think I'll be running along too. I have a date tomorrow night, and I need to run a bunch of errands and have everything ready in my apartment before then."

"That sounds lovely, Major Healey -- I am sure that the girl you will be seeing tomorrow will be most appreciative," she said. Neither he nor Tony noticed the odd glint in her eyes as she spoke.

"Why thank you Jeannie," he replied graciously. "Well, I guess I'll be going. Got a lot of sleeping to do before tomorrow."

"Bye, Rog," said Tony. "Golf on Sunday?"

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he said.

Jeannie stood before the two of them. "I am very sleepy too." She yawned. "So I will be going into my bottle now. Goodnight to both of you."

"Goodnight."

"'Night, Jeannie."

With that, she became a cloud of pink smoke and settled back into her bottle. When she reappeared inside, her eyes still had that amused sparkle and she was trying very hard to keep her laughter from bubbling out.

"Oh Master," she giggled to herself. "I do not think you will be going to the beach tomorrow."

Several hours later.

"Master?" came Jeannie's hushed, rather excited whisper.

"Mm..huh?" Tony mumbled into his pillow. "What is it, Jeannie?"

"I would like to postpone our day at the beach for a little while, if it is all right with you. I would like to visit my mother this weekend."

"At four in the morning?" he asked, after a brief glance at his alarm clock.

"It is not four in the morning where mother is, Master."

"Sure, Jeannie," he murmured. "You go ahead. Take all the time you need." He yawned and turned over on his side. "You have a good time."

"Oh, I will, Master," she replied.and blinked.

***

Roger Healey woke up around 8:30 the next morning, well-rested and looking forward to his day. There was a lot that he needed to do before this evening, and the earlier he could start the better. He sat up in bed and yawned, scratching his head; he'd been having all kinds of strange dreams that he couldn't seem to remember now that it was light.

He yawned again, swinging his feet over the side of the bed; he stood, then headed for the bathroom.

There was a moment of dead silence once he'd gone in; then, from behind the closed door, there was a shriek. A high-pitched, decidedly feminine shriek.