Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
479
Chapters:
1/1
Comments:
2
Kudos:
6
Bookmarks:
2
Hits:
1,291

Almost Doesn't Count

Summary:

The denial starts now...one take on Speed being shot in the jewelry store

Notes:

(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:

Eric pulled to a quick stop in front of the hospital's entrance. He jumped out of the Hummer barely remembering to shut the door before running into the hospital.

Horatio spotted the CSI from the other end of the hall and started toward him. " Eric."

He turned at the voice. " Where is he? What happened?"

Eric looked ready to pass out, something his boss had never seen before. " Calm down," Horatio told him. " Speed's gonna be fine."

" He was shot," Eric reminded him.

Horatio nodded. " And the doctors said that the bullet missed everything. He lost some blood so they're keeping him over night. But they stitched him up and he is fine." He put his hands on Eric's shoulders. " Right now I'm worried about you, okay? So take a deep breath and calm down."

Eric nodded taking the deep breath. " I heard you on the radio and knew he was with you, but I couldn't leave the-"

" He knows that," Horatio assured him.

" Can I see him?" Eric asked quietly.

Horatio squeezed his shoulder then let him go. " Third door on the right."

Eric took a deep breath and went down to the room. He pushed the door open and blinked at the sight. Speed looked too pale lying in that bed with his shoulder bandaged. Eyes closed and eerily still as the man hardly ever was. Eric quietly entered the room, not wanting to wake him.

Speed shifted in the bed and opened his eyes spotting Eric. " Hey."

" Hey," Eric made his way to Speed's uninjured side.

They both watched each other. Eric watching and listening to him breathe. Speed watching his expression.

Speed was the one that dropped the macho crap first. He reached out and grabbed Eric's hand. " I'm still here."

Eric laced his fingers though Speed's and gave a slight squeezed. " You almost weren't."

" But I am," Speed told him.

" You almost weren't," Eric repeated.

Speed tugged on his hand. " Hey, almost doesn't count. I'm promise, I'm fine."

" You have a bullet wound in your shoulder that has got to hurt like hell," Eric finally managed a small smile.

Speed gave him as answering smile. " Morphine, wonderful little discovery."

Horatio knocked on the door before taking a step in. " Eric, we..." he trailed off hating to make the man leave.

Speed squeezed Eric's hand. " Go find the kid, I'm not going anywhere."

Eric nodded and not caring Horatio was there leaned down and gave the injured man a quick kiss, whispering something in Russian. " I'll be back later."

Speed nodded a small smile on his face. Horatio had all ready ducked out so Speed barely hesitated. " Love you too."

" Get some sleep." Eric grinned at him walking out to meet Horatio in the hall.

The boss made no comment as to what he'd witnessed. " Let's go find him." Eric nodded and followed him out.

Notes:

This orphaned work was originally on Pejas WWOMB posted by author angelh2o.
If this work is yours and you would like to reclaim ownership, you can click on the Technical Support and Feedback link at the bottom fo the page.