Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandoms:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,066
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,851

Hot Romanian Nights

Summary:

rating: pg13
main characters: Faith, Charlie Weasley
disclaimer: you know they aren't mine.
distribution: Twisting & Mental Wanderings
notes: Twisting's FfA pairing # 959, post s7.

Work Text:

Hot Romanian Nights
by Lucinda

 

Faith shook her hair back and glared at the trees. Why had the vampire gone into the trees? Why had the stupid blood sucker even left the city to begin with? For that matter, how come she'd ended up being the one to go to Romania anyhow?

The coin toss had probably been rigged. Stupid coin, stupid Kennedy... Well, at least she was far away from that brat of a Slayer.

Ahead, she heard the snapping of twigs, and the vampire cursed. She could tell that much even without speaking any Romanian at all. Now, the question was, did his curses have to do with being chased by a Slayer, or was there something else bothering him?

More branches snapped, some of them sounding like they were still in the trees, and something roared. It was definitely a large predator, not a human trying to sound scary. It wasn't a lion, or a bear, or any of the demon types that Faith was familiar with, and it sounded like the thing's head was at least a good twenty feet from the ground.

"This can't be good." Faith whispered, clutching her stake tighter. "I think I need a bigger stake."

The roar sounded again, and fire lit the air, descending from a large scaly head towards three terrified vampires. One of them managed to evade the gout of flames, diving frantically to the side while the other two barely had time to scream before falling to ashes amid the dancing flames. The flames continued to burn on the ground, and Faith could see the remaining vampire pick himself up, and glance fearfully towards the looming dark shape that could only be a dragon.

Faith glanced at her stake, now completely certain that it wouldn't be big enough at all. "This is bad."

The dragon roared again, and Faith made a decision - get out of there and don't go back without some better weapons. She started to run, trying to run as quietly as she could through the trees.

She could hear the dragon crashing through the trees behind her. More flame shot out to the left of her, and a dead looking tree caught fire.

Her mind was frantically trying to remember anything she might have seen about dragons. Large carnivores, very difficult to poison, armored, fire breathing... she couldn't remember anything particularly helpful at the moment.

There was a strange shape flying towards her. It looked rather like a person crouched over a broom, assuming that the broom in question would be airborne, moving rapidly towards her.

Looking towards the flying shape that might or might not have been a person, she shouted "Got any dragonsbane?"

"Very funny!" A very normal sounding man's voice replied. Swooping closer, a hand was being held out. "Grab on, I think I can get us out of range."

A small, paranoid part of her wondered just who - or what - broom boy was, and why he would help her. What did he get out of it? How did she know he didn't have some nefarious ulterior motive?

She grabbed his hand anyhow. If he did have some hidden motive, she'd be able to deal with it later, when she wasn't fried to a crispy dragon-snack. "Thanks."

As the broom sailed upwards at a rather sharp angle, Faith heard the dragon roaring again. It sounded angry, and rather frustrated. Shuddering, she held tightly to the man, noticing that he seemed to be wearing some sort of dark robes which smelled strongly of aloe and scorched wool.

He didn't speak again until they had emerged into the air above the trees. She could still see the pine that she'd run past burning merrily, and another patch of smoke rising from where the vampires had been. Now that the threat of instant fiery death was gone, the view was actually quite pretty.

"So, how did you manage to wander into the dragon preserve?" He asked, his words carrying a faint British accent.

"If I'd known there was a dragon preserve there, I wouldn't have gone. Faith shuddered again. "I was chasing a vampire, and he ran into the woods. Apparently, he was meeting up with his friends."

"Vampires?" The man sounded a bit worried. "Where are they now? We'll need to report that to someone."

"See that patch of smoke?" Faith pointed, pleased that her arm wasn't shaking anymore. "They were there. I don't think they're going to be a problem anymore."

"I suppose not." He agreed, and half twisted to look at her, revealing unevenly scorched red hair and a scattering of what might have been freckles or might have been tiny burns. "Why were you chasing a vampire in the first place?"

"I'm Faith, the vampire Slayer." Faith replied, deliberately not mentioning that she was only one of many slayers now. She didn't know how much she could trust this guy, rescue or not. "It's my job to hunt vampires."

"Really the Slayer?" He sounded impressed and surprised. "That's spiffing."

"Yeah, really the Slayer. So, who are you, broom boy, and what were you doing out here?" Faith smiled, thinking that it might be a good idea not to antagonize him too much, especially not at least a hundred feet in the air over trees and probably several dragons.

"I'm Charlie Weasley, and I work here at the preserve. I'm supposed to keep the dragons safe from people, or possibly people safe from the dragons, whichever seems more appropriate at the time." He was smiling a little.

"Lucky me." She smiled again, remembering the feeling of solid muscles under those scorched robes. "So, is there somewhere that we can land this thing without becoming dragon bait?"

"Well, if you're not afraid I'm going to try to take advantage of you, I could bring us down at my place." He offered.

"I'm pretty brave." Faith purred, smiling just a little. After all, he was in good shape, didn't seem to be freaked out, and she wasn't really involved with anybody since that thing with Robin had fallen apart. "And it's only taking advantage if I object."

One eyebrow shot upwards, and for a moment, he was stunned speechless. "Well... In that case, here we go."

Holding tightly to him again, Faith just chuckled. Romania was definitely looking up for her. *Here we go indeed.*

 

end Hot Romanian Nights.