Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Categories:
Fandom:
Character:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
509
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
14
Hits:
1,470

Betrayed

Summary:

McKay sees something he'd rather not have. yes another sucky summary.

Work Text:

Title: Betrayed

Author: Bee

Beta(s): um none

Warnings: depressing, deathfic.

Sequel to: None

Series: Nope.

Summary: McKay sees something he'd rather not have.

Author's Notes: This was supposed to be a drabble for an LJ drabble tree but um it grew so it is now it's own ficlet. Please read and review.

Betrayed

Damn him! Damn them both! Rodney walked into the mess hall and sat down at a table near the serving counter relishing the silence of the dark empty room set out for breakfast, this was the only time of the day the place wasn't busy and he often came here to think, it was warmer than the balconies at night..

Damn Sheppard and his casualness. He hadn't planned for this to happen. There had been no promises made on either side but over the months Rodney had begun to hope there might be more to their relationship than just mutual release. Then on his way from a late night in the lab all his hopes had been shattered. Rounding a corner near Sheppard's quarters he had seen them together. John and Elizabeth. Elizabeth and John. Leaning against the door to his quarters, arms wrapped tightly about each other in a passionate embrace.

They hadn't noticed Rodney or his retreat from the scene, too wrapped up in the whispers and promises passing between them. So he had retreated here to tend his broken heart and think. The pain was almost physical in it's intensity, the worse he'd ever felt and Rodney was no stranger to pain and betrayal.

Looking at his watch he was surprised to see several hours had passed and the staff would be arriving soon to serve breakfast. Sighing he scrubbed a hand across his face not surprised to find dried tear tracks down his cheeks and pushed himself to his feet unwilling to deal with meeting anyone yet. Then froze, the team was supposed to be going off world this morning straight after the weekly staff meeting.

He couldn't face seeing either of them, not now.

Straightening fully Rodney left the mess with only a quick pause at the counter to pocket a bottle. He managed to get to his quarters without meeting anyone though he occasionally heard people beginning their daily routine as he passed doors. Once there he sat on his bed rolling the bottle between his palms. Placing it on the floor at his feet he bent over and unlaced his boots before leaning back against his pillows and picking the bottle up again. Opening it he took a few quick swallows, wincing at the bitter, tangy taste then downed the rest and dropped the empty orange bottle. Rodney settled down more comfortably, rolling onto his side and pulling a pillow down to hug, he lay back to wait knowing what would happen but feeling oddly detached from the physical symptoms.
Throat closing up...
Blood pressure dropping...
Vision greying out...

At least it wouldn't hurt anymore.

End.