Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Relationship:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
1,297
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
8
Hits:
1,415

SPOOKS: Project Friendly Fire

Summary:

Fandom(s): MI-5 AKA SPOOKS
Genre: Slash-Gen
Pairing/Characters: Harry Pearce/Christine Dale
Rating: PG-13

Archive: This story is archive on WWOMB and Lonetreecp.org. If you like the story please use ONLY a URL link to the story at lonetreecp.org but please ask first. Summary: This is a tag at the end of the episode called "Project Friendly Fire" . In this episode Tom Quinn was accused of being a traitor to England and has to prove himself innocent before other members of MI-5 are force to kill him. He does but in the process finds out the woman he loved had betray him.

DISCLAIMER: I do not claim any rights over the MI-5 characters used in this story, which has been written for the joy of writing only.

THANKS: Thanks to Navy V and Setchei for beta this story for me.

Work Text:

Check out my other stories by following this URL: Lone Tree Creative Perserve

This story can also be read at this URL: Project Friendly Fire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MI5 (Spooks): Project Friendly Fire

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry Pearce sat in Christine Dale's dark apartment knowing that the infuriating woman was meeting Tom Quinn at some secret spot. He smiled, for he knew that that their affair was over and he didn't have anything to do with it. She did it all herself when she wore that wire to meet with Tom.

He shifted back in the chair, grimacing at the sharp pain in his shoulder that the movement caused him. He started to reach into his pocket for the pain pills the doctor had prescribed to him when he heard keys in the lock. Ignoring his pain, he retrieved the gun he had placed on the little side table stand while waiting for his rival, and calmly aimed at the door.

She walked into the darkened apartment, the light from the hallway shining on her long, platinum blonde hair, making it glow slightly while the rest of her form was back lit. He had to admit to himself that she was a very striking and beautiful woman, as well as, intelligent and driven. If he was younger and less critical, he would have made a play for her himself, but he wasn't.

Harry calmly watched as she placed her bag and keys on the table beside the door and switched on the lights. Christine still didn't see him as she closed and locked the door before turning around. She jumped when she saw him, but turned into the cool professional CIA agent he knew she was. Christine seemed be ignoring him as she went into her kitchen, but he knew she was watching him and the gun he kept trained on her.

His finger tightened momentarily when she reach overhead and took down a wine glass. He relaxed slightly as she sat it down on the counter before her. Christine then looked over at him and raised a questioning eyebrow, silently asking him if he wanted some. When he didn't make any indication, she shrugged her shoulders and reached for the previous opened bottle of wine sitting on the counter. Christine poured herself a full glass of dark red wine before re-corking the bottle and placing it back on the counter. Picking up the glass, she took a sip before moving around the counter and walking towards the sofa, facing him. Christine sat down with a sigh before turning her attention full on him as she calmly sipped her wine, her gaze challenging him to shoot her. It would be so easy to kill her now and rid himself of the threat she posed, but if Tom ever found out - no, he was on too thin ice and he couldn't risk losing Tom now.

Harry grit his teeth, determined not to make a sound as he slipped the gun into his pocket, jarring his injured shoulder.

Her voice startled him as she asked, "What do you want, Harry?"

Harry paused before answering her. "You. Gone."

She laughed before replying, "That's nothing new. You have wanted me gone ever since you found out about me and Tom."

Ignoring her searching looking, he told her, "I give you a week to get out of England."

She was still intently watching him as she replied, "I will be." She then settled herself further into her sofa as she tilted her head, watching him as she took another sip of her wine. "Why did you come here, Harry? I'm sure Mace told you that he forced me to wear the wire and that it would cost me Tom. So why come here?"

Harry kicked himself for not realizing that she might figure out his secret. He got to his feet, disregarding the stabbing pain that shot through his shoulder as he made his way to her door. "Just see that you are Ms. Dale or I will take steps that you might not like."

He had just turned the lock and was grasping the doorknob when she spoke again. "Okay, come now, Harry. You can afford to be generous. You've obviously won." Harry turned around and saw that Christine had gotten up and was resting against the back of the sofa as she whirled the wine around in her glass, her piercing blue eyes watching his every move. "I might have betrayed him, but what you and the rest of that team of yours did was much worse, but he forgave you. He forgave all of you, but not me." She then snorted as she drained her glass and made her way over to the bottle.

Harry knew he should leave but it was like an auto accident; you just could not look away, so he stood there watching her. Christine poured herself another glass before picking it up and moving towards him. She stopped about a meter away from him. "You have Tom right were you want him, under your --."

Christine trailed off and Harry saw the dawn of understanding in her eyes as she looked at him. The glass fell from her lax hand, shattering on the hardwood floor. "Ohhh god! That's why!" She then started to laugh at him in a sneering manner as her blue eyes were flashing, hard and unyielding. Christine abruptly stopped and got into Harry's personal space. She looked down at him as she moved around him, almost like a great cat would when a rival comes into its territory; and that was what he was to her. "You will never have him that way, Harry. Tom likes ... no loves women." Christine started to caress her body with her hands as she stopped in front of him. "You will never know what it is like to have him make love to you." She leaned against him so he could feel the heat of her body against his as she whispered in his ear, "To feel his hard ... strong ... wonderful body against you as he takes you. Over and Over again."

That was the last straw for Harry. He reacted with his good hand and grabbed her around the throat, forcing her back against the door. Harry saw the fear in her eyes as he started to choke her. Her hands went to his hand as she tried to pull it away from her throat. The next thing he felt was a shooting pain in his wounded shoulder that forced him to release her.

Christine moved away from Harry, massaging her throat as he fought the pain that she had inflicted by hitting him where he was the weakest. Harry gulped in huge gasps as he watched the bitch, and smugly noted that the skin around her throat was showing the first sign of the bruise she was going to wear for a while.

Her voice was hoarse as she told him, "Get the hell out of my house, you bastard!"

Harry opened the door before turning around to give one parting shot at his rival, "One week, Ms. Dale."

He then walked through the door, but Christine wasn't through yet. "You will never have Tom, and when he finally sees through you, you will lose him forever."

Harry simply raised his eyebrow at her as he walked through the door. "That will never happen." He simply closed the door and left the woman behind.

 

The End