Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
377
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
11
Hits:
964

Truth in Advertising

Summary:

According to Dana, the green is leaking out Dan's eyes.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: Except for Casey's model girlfriend, these characters don't belong to me. No copyright infringement is intended.
Other Notes: All mistakes are mine. I love feedback.

Truth in Advertising

"You're a little green, Dan."

He's sitting alone in the office. "Dana --"

"You look a little green around the eyes." She advances. "A little bit like a green-eyed monster."

He scowls and wonders about the validity of justifiable homicide. "I got new contacts. Green color contacts."

"You're so jealous, it's leaking out your eyes."

"Wow."

"Impressive imagery, huh?"

"No, I'm amazed that Casey was right about something. You're a crazy woman."

Sitting on the edge of his desk, she grins. "A crazy woman who happens to be right."

"I'm not jealous. They're just contacts, nothing overly metaphorical."

"You're green-eyed and touchy and so very jealous."

"I'm really not."

"Jealous, jealous, jealous," she sings.

"Dana, I swear to God, I'm not jealous of Casey's new girlfriend." He's gratified by her squeak as she falls off the desk.

"You're jealous of Casey's girlfriend?"

Dan sighs in disgust. "Leave my office."

"As in, you're jealous of her, not him?"

"I'm not jealous of anyone. And I'll be glad to take out the contacts to shut you up."

"I was saying your jealousy related to the gorgeous model Casey is dating and how much you'd want her for yourself, but you're -- you don't want her." She gets to her feet.

"We at least agree on that. Wait, you think she's gorgeous?"

"I can't be distracted that easily. You want Casey."

"Please, please leave now."

Dana dusts herself off. "You know what? I think I'm going to leave now so I can give this more thought and you can deal with your green eyes."

"You do that."

She walks out but glances back every few steps through the bullpen. Dan drops his head into his hands and groans. Closing his eyes, he sincerely wishes he'd chosen blue-tinted contacts. He hates being obvious.

- end -