Actions

Work Header

Rating:
Archive Warning:
Category:
Fandom:
Additional Tags:
Language:
English
Collections:
Peja's Wonderful World of Makebelieve Import
Stats:
Published:
2020-11-04
Words:
566
Chapters:
1/1
Kudos:
10
Hits:
1,005

Granted

Summary:

Dan learns that saying a wish aloud could make it come true.

Work Text:

Disclaimer: These characters don't belong to me. No copyright infringement is intended.
Other Notes: This includes one spoiler for "Thespis." All mistakes are mine. I love feedback.

Granted

The Yankees won hours ago, Casey's half-asleep on Dan's couch, and Dan is a little drunk and a lot tired of waiting. Waiting this long -- not just hours, but years -- has left a bitter flavor in his mouth that he's determined to get rid of, one way or another. Unceremoniously dropping his hand onto Casey's knee, he palms it through the denim like a magic lamp.

"Uh, Danny?" Casey eyelids flinch closed and then flare wide as though he just stared into a bright light.

He plays up his drunkenness, slumping sideways and dropping his head onto Casey's shoulder. "Where's the genie, Case?" His fingers trace up Casey's inseam. "Think I can make it pop out?"

Casey's breath at his ear is unsteady and warm. He covers Dan's hand with his own. "Let's not make anything pop out right now, okay?"

"Aww, but if I just rub it enough . . ." Dan curls his fingers, flexing against Casey's grip until their knuckles brush the zipper. Casey inhales sharply.

"Danny, cut it out. You're drunk, and you don't want this."

"You're not as think as you smart you are. I've wanted this for a looooong time."

It became a fantasy the first time he saw Casey strip before a show, but he started wanting to do more than watch pretty quickly. He started wanting to touch, and then Casey chose him over Lisa, and he started needing it. He needs Casey.

He tilts his head to lick Casey's neck, which is getting very red and hot. "I slurred purposely, by the way."

"And I'll purposely pretend to believe you."

Dan sits up. "That didn't even make sense."

"It made a lot more sense than this." Casey pulls their hands away from his crotch.

Leering, he shakes his other hand at Casey. "You never know until you try."

When Casey turns his head away, a muscle in his neck stands out, making Dan want to bite there and lick again. "I don't want this to be something we just try."

"Oh." Now Dan wants to lick inside Casey's mouth and taste that seriousness.

Part of him insists it would taste old, like a stale cracker, dry and salty and final; part of him whispers that it very well might taste new, like a butterscotch sundae, thick and sweet and welcoming. He trusts in that second part because Casey is still holding his hand and because, after all this time, he sure as hell trusts Casey.

So he says, "I want this to be something we do all night, every night," and leans forward.

He cups the back of Casey's head and turns his other hand so their fingers entwine. Casey opens his mouth; Dan doesn't even care what he wants to say next. He kisses Casey, flicks his tongue over Casey's lips and eases it between them. A deep groan rumbles up from Casey's throat. Humming, Dan kisses him harder, more hungrily, swallowing that butterscotch groan and each one to follow.

- end -